Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
brinicolec

Gold

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by brinicolec » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 am

SunDevil14 wrote:Some kid kept bubbling answers after pencils down was called. Kept bubbling after the proctor repeated it, and still keep bubbling after the proctor repeated it a 2nd time, almost yelling. Eventually he looked up to see everyone staring at him at the moment that the proctor ripped away his test.
YIKES! :shock:

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:00 pm

kkklick wrote:
apaint wrote:June LSAT:

Spacy Friend: Do you know how long this will take?
Me: Probably around 5 hours.
Spacy Friend: Ok, my flight leaves in 6 hours.
Me: hmmmm....did you study?
Spacy Friend: No, do people usually study?
Me: face in palm

October LSAT:

Me: Hey, taking it again? (thinking to myself duh he is taking it again)
Spacy Friend: Yeah, I haven't studied anymore but hopefully I will do a little better.
Me: Thinking to myself that this kid is a glutton for punishment...Where do you want to go to law school?
Spacy Friend: I am not sure, I just got a full ride to Stanford for electrical engineering so I thought I would see if I could get a full ride to law school too so I have options. I got a 176 last time but had to go the bathroom during the test so I missed a few questions.
Me: blank stare
You serious? Wow some people are just intellectually gifted.
I know this is super old, but I'm just now reading this thread.

It's hilarious to me to see that even here people still just make stuff up. Stanford doesn't offer graduate scholarships for electrical engineering until the end of your first year of graduate school (even back in 2010). Even after all of that, they only offer fellowships and such to extremely talented PhD-seekers who have proven themselves during the earlier course of study.

Source: am engineer that received full ride for graduate degree. Nuked Stanford from my list after finding out they didn't offer scholarships

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Post by dontsaywhatyoumean » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:30 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
kkklick wrote:

October LSAT:

Spacy Friend: Yeah, I haven't studied anymore but hopefully I will do a little better.
Me: Thinking to myself that this kid is a glutton for punishment...Where do you want to go to law school?
Spacy Friend: I am not sure, I just got a full ride to Stanford for electrical engineering so I thought I would see if I could get a full ride to law school too so I have options. I got a 176 last time but had to go the bathroom during the test so I missed a few questions.

It's hilarious to me to see that even here people still just make stuff up. Stanford doesn't offer graduate scholarships for electrical engineering until the end of your first year of graduate school (even back in 2010). Even after all of that, they only offer fellowships and such to extremely talented PhD-seekers who have proven themselves during the earlier course of study.

Source: am engineer that received full ride for graduate degree. Nuked Stanford from my list after finding out they didn't offer scholarships
Maybe they did back then?

Anyway, I thought it was more likely a lie than not (not the poster, although possibly as well, but the friend).

What's more likely, a 176 with no study, or someone lying about that?

Greenteachurro

Silver

Post by Greenteachurro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:32 pm

1.) Proctor was a huge jerk, between EVERY section he would take 20 seconds to inform us that "if you bubble even HALF a second after I've called I'll take your test away". It was funny that his stance on after time answering got a lot more strict on the writing sample where he gave like a minute long speech on why not to cheat on the writing section because it was "the most important part of the test"... Like after the test I went home and checked to see if there was a huge policy change or something between September and December.

2.) "I want to go to GeorgeTown or Northwestern, I got a 155 on September and I think I'll get a 170ish on this one"
Friend: "geez nice, How much did you study?"
Guy: "Does it matter? It's just an IQ test"
RIP Guy.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Not an overheard, but some chick brought a 10 piece chicken nuggets with sauces as her snack and I feel like she won the LOLSAT.

Overheard - "Yeah, I took my first practice test last night because I feel like I should have taken at least one full one you know?"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Greenteachurro

Silver

Post by Greenteachurro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:Not an overheard, but some chick brought a 10 piece chicken nuggets with sauces as her snack and I feel like she won the LOLSAT.

Overheard - "Yeah, I took my first practice test last night because I feel like I should have taken at least one full one you know?"
I like the "Fuck it " mentality with some people, its actually kind of hilarious. I guess we should be grateful for people like that because they let us have a nice percentile number.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Not an overheard, but some chick brought a 10 piece chicken nuggets with sauces as her snack and I feel like she won the LOLSAT.

I like the "Fuck it " mentality with some people, its actually kind of hilarious. I guess we should be grateful for people like that because they let us have a nice percentile number.
Except in those instances where they actually overperform :oops:

btruj777

Bronze

Post by btruj777 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:

This!

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Post by dontsaywhatyoumean » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:47 pm

We're assuming the people that are saying they didn't do PT's, or only did a very small number, didn't do many timed sections, correct?

I don't think more than a couple of PT's is necessarily required if a lot of timed sections were done.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:51 pm

dontsaywhatyoumean wrote:We're assuming the people that are saying they didn't do PT's, or only did a very small number, didn't do many timed sections, correct?

I don't think more than a couple of PT's is necessarily required if a lot of timed sections were done.
Full PTs help with stamina.

Doing a lot of timed sections doesn't prep you for doing five timed sections with a small break in the middle.

btruj777

Bronze

Post by btruj777 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Girl Next to Me to another girl: (June 2016) I was really hoping to study from spring till June but my family went traveling in December and then I got lazy in summer and went traveling again, and now I am here, I tried seeing some of the questions last night and I think I got this.

You know what kinda sucks is that she might get like an average score to below average score and be like "I made it!!" without ever fully appreciating the magnitude of this test.

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Post by dontsaywhatyoumean » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dontsaywhatyoumean wrote:We're assuming the people that are saying they didn't do PT's, or only did a very small number, didn't do many timed sections, correct?

Doing a lot of timed sections doesn't prep you for doing five timed sections with a small break in the middle.
I did 3 PT's the week before (that was all), but did a lot of timed sections and didn't feel slightly fatigued.

Now I'm not expecting a 170, but that's to do with LG, and not endurance.

The 15 minute break makes it feel like the first 3 sections didn't happen.

I probably have above average endurance for this kind of thing though.

For me once the sections individually weren't tiring, 5 together weren't.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:57 pm

mrgstephe wrote:
kkklick wrote:

October LSAT:

Reminds me when I went last Saturday and overheard some girls talking about a guy from their TestMaster class who claimed he got a 174 but when they saw his LSAC screen (maybe a score release party?), he actually got a 164.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bns212

New

Post by bns212 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:01 am

BrownBears09 wrote:This thread reeks of undeserved elitism and an overvalued sense of self worth.
agreed...hoping this gets better through the next 5-6 years of posts..

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:51 pm

This wasn't the December test, but I thought I'd share anyways:

In June, a girl in the line for the bathroom was telling us all how she was retaking the test for the 5th time. I'm not sure what happened for the first three tests, but for the February test, she somehow fell asleep for two whole sections.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:48 pm

floatie wrote:This wasn't the December test, but I thought I'd share anyways:

In June, a girl in the line for the bathroom was telling us all how she was retaking the test for the 5th time. I'm not sure what happened for the first three tests, but for the February test, she somehow fell asleep for two whole sections.
What the.... I don't get how people can fall asleep during the LSAT.. My adrenaline would be so high that it would be impossible for me to fall asleep during it.

dontsaywhatyoumean

Bronze

Post by dontsaywhatyoumean » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Mikey wrote:

What the.... I don't get how people can fall asleep during the LSAT.. My adrenaline would be so high that it would be impossible for me to fall asleep during it.
I took most of my undergrad exams on no sleep or 2 hours of sleep or less and never came close to falling asleep. Only one of these exams can I recall feeling tired during the actual exam. However I would sometimes nearly fall asleep on the way to the exam (public transportation).

I know someone though who studied medicine and fell asleep during one of her exams after not getting enough sleep. I found that surprising.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Girl on break was destroying a red velvet cupcake. Cuz, just because it's LSAT don't mean you shouldn't...
[+] Spoiler

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:29 pm

dontsaywhatyoumean wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I took most of my undergrad exams on no sleep or 2 hours of sleep or less and never came close to falling asleep. Only one of these exams can I recall feeling tired during the actual exam. However I would sometimes nearly fall asleep on the way to the exam (public transportation).

I know someone though who studied medicine and fell asleep during one of her exams after not getting enough sleep. I found that surprising.
Not to get too far off track but I work at a hospital and there was a fellowship applicant who literally fell asleep in his interview. Not sure how that is even possible...I guess some people really can sleep anywhere

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:36 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Not to get too far off track but I work at a hospital and there was a fellowship applicant who literally fell asleep in his interview. Not sure how that is even possible...I guess some people really can sleep anywhere
Wtfff??!? I don't get it lmao, seriously like wtf is up with some people lol.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Mikey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I mean, it could've been narcolepsy (where folks fall asleep without being able to control it). That could explain the 5th take if it had been a recurring issue during previous tests. If that were the case, I would hope that she was able to get an accommodation.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:56 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
Mikey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I mean, it could've been narcolepsy (where folks fall asleep without being able to control it). That could explain the 5th take if it had been a recurring issue during previous tests. If that were the case, I would hope that she was able to get an accommodation.
Elitist TLS has it out for the narcoleptic too now! Sad.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:58 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
Mikey wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Oh, that's true, I didn't think of that. But if that's not the case, I wonder why..

addie1412

Silver

Post by addie1412 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 pm

brinicolec wrote:

I didn't do a single full PT throughout my prep. I did regularly do like 8 timed RC sections in a row, though (with one break in the middle). Or 4 LR sections and 4 LG sections. But I never sat down like "I'm gonna take PT 72 today" and then score it to try to gauge where I was. I think it helped my confidence not knowing exactly where I stood beyond my performance on individual timed sections. I feel like I probably overperformed as a result of not being psychologically burdened or limited by low PTs. I went into it like: if I've gotten -0 on each of the sections before, I'm capable of a 180 vs: I've never PTed above 16x or 17x, therefore I won't be able to score any higher.

Sorry to derail the thread; I'm just passionate about the no-PT route. :lol:

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Post by BobBoblaw » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Moar lulzy poasts plz.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”