Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jamesmangi

Bronze

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by jamesmangi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:02 am

Johnsgoat wrote:Long time lurker first time poster....

At a testing center in NYC.

I got there an hour and half early and was looking for a place to do my warm up. There was a Starbucks that was jammed pack and greasy spoon diner. So I go into the diner and have breakfast while I do my warmup. A man comes in and explains to the staff that he is taking a test across the way and would like it if they could store his bag. This was in the middle of downtown NYC. LOL, as you could imagine they said no. There must have been 10-15 people with bags, phones, and other prohibited items, fortunate for them the proctors, and staff at the school, allowed them to leave it in the lobby. Although, warned that they would not be watching the items.

I almost thought I was going to get turned away on the check-in line. The picture on my ID is significantly old and I have gained quite a bit of weight. She did a double take and handed it back to me, phew. The girl in front of me came in with a fresh pack of pencils. The proctor told her she was only allowed four and needed to dispose of the rest. Meanwhile, when I get into the room the guy across the way has over 20 pencils out on the desk. I was amazed by that, I would have liked to have more than four, but I don't know what I'd do with 20.

After the break the proctor made an announcement for whomever was cracking their knuckles to please stop and that it was bothering another tester. Funny, I didn't notice this guy cracking his knuckles until after that announcement, when said guy did it probably three or four more times. This was a full on knuckle crack too, like both hands.

riveting. on the edge of my seat -- was expecting a shyamalan twist

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
The girl in front of me came in with a fresh pack of pencils. The proctor told her she was only allowed four and needed to dispose of the rest. Meanwhile, when I get into the room the guy across the way has over 20 pencils out on the desk. I was amazed by that, I would have liked to have more than four, but I don't know what I'd do with 20.
I brought in a full 12 pack of pencils, would have been PISSED if I could only have 4. That sounds like some bullshit the proctor made up.
Definitely BS they made up. You can have as many pencils as you want as long as they fit in your bag. I came with like 12 because I usually go through 6 for the first 5 sections. Granted can sharpen pencils if you bring a sharpener but the other reason to have extras is because someone will not read they can't have mechanical pencils and invariably freak out, see you with extras and even though that's exactly how many you need you'll have to deal with them staring at you like a beggar hoping you give them some so extras for Karma.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
The girl in front of me came in with a fresh pack of pencils. The proctor told her she was only allowed four and needed to dispose of the rest. Meanwhile, when I get into the room the guy across the way has over 20 pencils out on the desk. I was amazed by that, I would have liked to have more than four, but I don't know what I'd do with 20.
I brought in a full 12 pack of pencils, would have been PISSED if I could only have 4. That sounds like some bullshit the proctor made up.
That is a bs rule. There are no stipulations of that sort on the LSAC official ticket package

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:03 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
That is a bs rule. There are no stipulations of that sort on the LSAC official ticket package
I think they might have interpreted four pencils max from this on the LSAC's site:
"Pencils: Bring three or four sharpened No. 2 or HB wooden pencils with good erasers."

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am

Walliums wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
I think they might have interpreted four pencils max from this on the LSAC's site:
"Pencils: Bring three or four sharpened No. 2 or HB wooden pencils with good erasers."
-_- interpreting advice as rules... I think they have something in common with this video that my LSAT class showed us...
[youtube]--szrOHtR6U[/youtube]

Edit: the fact that what was said is stupid. Not the logical stuff.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am

vtdelt wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Johnsgoat wrote:
-_- interpreting advice as rules... I think they have something in common with this video that my LSAT class showed us...

[youtube]--szrOHtR6U[/youtube]
Oh my god, did they show that to you for sufficient/necessary?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 am

Walliums wrote: Oh my god, did they show that to you for sufficient/necessary?
It was either that or just an example of flaw in logic... Oddly enough the damn song stuck in my head and I used it for laughs/a bouncy pick me up when studying to get in the mood for LR sections sometimes. :oops: :lol:

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 pm

The guy in front of me in my testing room totally had a digital watch......But I chose not to say anything to the proctor because I'm a coward I guess

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:The guy in front of me in my testing room totally had a digital watch......But I chose not to say anything to the proctor because I'm a coward I guess
Why would you snitch anyway

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:The guy in front of me in my testing room totally had a digital watch......But I chose not to say anything to the proctor because I'm a coward I guessI'm not a dick and it doesn't matter what anyone else has if it isn't hurting my ability to perform

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah that post was tongue in cheek obviously. Our proctor was pretty chill anyway so she probably noticed and didnt care

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Johnsgoat wrote:
This is a sexist double standard. Down with the pencil patriarchy.

theventriloquist

Bronze

Post by theventriloquist » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

WOW LAWYERS ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO DOCTORS. PRE-LAW ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO PRE-MEDS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Greenteachurro

Silver

Post by Greenteachurro » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:30 pm

theventriloquist wrote:WOW LAWYERS ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO DOCTORS. PRE-LAW ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO PRE-MEDS.
I think this is generally true

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Greenteachurro wrote:
theventriloquist wrote:WOW LAWYERS ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO DOCTORS. PRE-LAW ARE SO STUPID COMPARED TO PRE-MEDS.
I think this is generally true
+180

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Well, you have to learn actual content to get into med school. Anyone can get into law school - they weed you out at the end, not at the beginning.

But there's no need to shout.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Aesthetic b&

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:37 am

Anyone who is "pre-law" is presumptively a lemon.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:21 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:Anyone who is "pre-law" is presumptively a lemon.
+181

lillelord

New

Post by lillelord » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 pm

it's been that way for at least 10 years tho- http://burneylawfirm.com/blog/2009/09/0 ... -the-lsat/
whatever, more t14 spots for the rest of us.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:03 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
+181

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Facelessgod

New

Post by Facelessgod » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:52 pm

This wasn't actually at the LSAT but at a networking event a couple weeks ago someone said that they got a 175 on the June 2017 LSAT...

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-jun ... e-analyzed

:lol:

Unfortunately I didn't realize this until later when I saw the conversion chart.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 pm

"I'm just here to get my 160 and go home."
Last edited by chewinggum on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 pm

chewinggum wrote:"I'm just hear to get my 160 and go home."
"My brother got a 158.. give me a 158!!"

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 pm

"I took it 3 times, 143 then I got a 147 then I got a 143 again. I've been studying since the June test and really want to up my score"

Well, I can't say this isn't dedication...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”