Overheard at the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Overheard at the LSAT

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:36 pm

tskela wrote:The non-compliance stories are hella dumb.

Like, in real life, generally the severity of consequences matches the severity of the mistake. IMO neglecting to read rules buried deep on the LSAC site does not = say, having to put off law school for a year because you weren't allowed to take the September LSAT. the punishment doesn't befit the crime. that's a year of someone's life we're laughing about here.

not that i'm saying the proctors should have ignored the rules, i just don't think stories of people being kicked out are funny at all and i don't get any satisfaction from them. i think the rules are unnecessarily stringent (specifically the one where you can't change your uploaded photo after the change date, even though they don't notify you of the change date; at least, i checked my inbox and spam folder and i was never notified)
Except if you don't take the September test you don't have to put off law school for a year, you can just take the December test. I'm also pretty sure the rules for what you need to bring/can't bring aren't actually buried deep on the website.

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Girl in front of me: How many sections are there on the test?
Guy in front of me: There's 5. And there's a writing section.
Girl in front of me: Wait, there's a writing section???????
Guy in front of me: Yeah. But you only need to worry about it if you want to go to HYS.

Me: .......

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:12 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
tskela wrote:The non-compliance stories are hella dumb.

Like, in real life, generally the severity of consequences matches the severity of the mistake. IMO neglecting to read rules buried deep on the LSAC site does not = say, having to put off law school for a year because you weren't allowed to take the September LSAT. the punishment doesn't befit the crime. that's a year of someone's life we're laughing about here.

not that i'm saying the proctors should have ignored the rules, i just don't think stories of people being kicked out are funny at all and i don't get any satisfaction from them. i think the rules are unnecessarily stringent (specifically the one where you can't change your uploaded photo after the change date, even though they don't notify you of the change date; at least, i checked my inbox and spam folder and i was never notified)
Except if you don't take the September test you don't have to put off law school for a year, you can just take the December test. I'm also pretty sure the rules for what you need to bring/can't bring aren't actually buried deep on the website.
Thank You,

The dramatics demonstrated in some of these post have me thinking ppl r taking it personal. Rules were blatant and easy to follow, LSAC went out of its way to spam people with enough emails on the matter, but the photo rules were obscure and buried deep in the website, law school here they come!

Overheard/Overseen at the LSAT are stories told, but now all of a sudden people want to dictate what stories can be mentioned, as if they can't just scroll past them.

Entitlement is a beep

kindofcanuck

Bronze

Post by kindofcanuck » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:35 am

tskela wrote: IMO neglecting to read rules buried deep on the LSAC site does not = say, having to put off law school for a year because you weren't allowed to take the September LSAT. the punishment doesn't befit the crime. that's a year of someone's life we're laughing about here.

. i think the rules are unnecessarily stringent (specifically the one where you can't change your uploaded photo after the change date, even though they don't notify you of the change date; at least, i checked my inbox and spam folder and i was never notified)
I'm not sure posting the rules an uploaded photo has to follow directly alongside the 'upload photo' button can be considered 'buried deep'. In addition, the email subject "URGENT: LSAT photo upload/change date deadline tomorrow!" on August 29 could have been considered a subtle hint of the change date. Admittedly, the red text at the bottom of that email once again giving the deadline date & time, and reminding no changes could be made later might not have had full effect for the red/green colorblind population. But by that point they'd already read over the re-link to the photo standards, and decided whether or not to read them.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:57 am

LegallyBlackJD wrote:Girl in front of me: How many sections are there on the test?
Guy in front of me: There's 5. And there's a writing section.
Girl in front of me: Wait, there's a writing section???????
Guy in front of me: Yeah. But you only need to worry about it if you want to go to HYS.

Me: .......
I love people, we are simple without reason. However, maybe willful ignornance is all some may need to score well on the LSAT. I know at least one person wandering into the testing center had to think this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:35 am

One of my favorite things I saw was a guy who showed up in a full suit and tie. Not sure if he always dresses in a suit wherever he goes or if he thought dress mattered??? Either way, he definitely had the most uncomfortable experience there.

I heard two guys talking and one said he wanted to go to Suffolk because it's "right across the street from the AGs office and that should offer some good opportunities".

Location, location, location???

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:47 am

tskela wrote:rules buried deep on the LSAC site
Deep? What rules are we talking about being broken that aren't part of your ticket pdf?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:34 am

ashrice13 wrote:One of my favorite things I saw was a guy who showed up in a full suit and tie. Not sure if he always dresses in a suit wherever he goes or if he thought dress mattered??? Either way, he definitely had the most uncomfortable experience there.

I heard two guys talking and one said he wanted to go to Suffolk because it's "right across the street from the AGs office and that should offer some good opportunities".

There was a guy in my room with a suit on. I didn't even care because he's the uncomfortable gunner while I was in sweatpants lmaoooo.

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:59 am

guybourdin wrote:
tskela wrote:rules buried deep on the LSAC site
Deep? What rules are we talking about being broken that aren't part of your ticket pdf?
They literally e-mail you telling you to make sure everything is fits the guidelines. You can't upload the photo without passing by the rules that tell you how to do it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:00 am

ashrice13 wrote:One of my favorite things I saw was a guy who showed up in a full suit and tie. Not sure if he always dresses in a suit wherever he goes or if he thought dress mattered??? Either way, he definitely had the most uncomfortable experience there.

I didn't pay attention to the weather(who has time for that? It is all about the LSAT, lol) i went to test center in a thin dress. It was drizzling and cold.

The test center had the air conditioner on. I was uncomfortable, but in a good way, because the cold kept me alert and focused.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:03 am

Also didn't eat breakfast the day of the test. I never eat before an exam, it never sits right with me.

Anyway, I did bring a snack. A banana, yum, and half a bag of pretzels. The banana was not the greatest idea because it gave me such a sugar rush. All I could think about for 2 minutes was jumping around the room (got to get out of here...go, go, go!) My precisous two minutes were stolen from me by a rotton banana! I was glad I was able to regain focus and push through.

I should have known better.. tisk..tisk!

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 am

lillawyer2 wrote:Also didn't eat breakfast the day of the test. I never eat before an exam, it never sits right with me.

Anyway, I did bring a snack. A banana, yum, and half a bag of pretzels. The banana was not the greatest idea because it gave me such a sugar rush. All I could think about for 2 minutes was jumping around the room (got to get out of here...go, go, go!) My precisous two minutes were stolen from me by a rotton banana! I was glad I was able to regain focus and push through.

I usually eat before tests. I had something light, filling and healthy before the LSAT, in particular. However, since starting college I've always taken (took?) a shot before every test.. Sometimes two. It helps calm my nerves a lot without a lot of impairment by the time the test starts.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:59 am

poptart123 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:Also didn't eat breakfast the day of the test. I never eat before an exam, it never sits right with me.

I usually eat before tests. I had something light, filling and healthy before the LSAT, in particular. However, since starting college I've always taken (took?) a shot before every test.. Sometimes two. It helps calm my nerves a lot without a lot of impairment by the time the test starts.
lol that is too cute!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 am

littlewing67 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:

Ugh I wish the kid next to me ate before the test. His stomach was growling so fucking loud the whole time. Dude didn't even eat something for the break either so it was growling the entire time ):
ewwwww! I hate tummy growling noises.

however, it sucks to have them and i know it destracted him too.

Megfsc

New

Post by Megfsc » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:27 pm

About 3 or 4 minutes into section 2, a guy behind me starting making the unmistakable "I'm going to throw up" gagging noises. Then came a couple of heavy breaths, and dude just bolted out the door. The proctor let him back in after the section was over, and he stayed for the rest of the test (!!!)

Also notable but less tragic, as I was waiting to be checked in, a guy walked in who looked just like Jon Snow. Short, dark curly hair, beard. He was dressed in all white and had weirdly hyper-focused eyes...like he had just come from battle...or taken a bunch of adderall or something. It actually helped calm me down a lot, because I told myself that there was no way in seven hells that I was going to let Jon Snow score higher than me on the LSAT.

Mr. Freeze

New

Post by Mr. Freeze » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:00 am

After the test was over and everyone was walking down the hallway, I heard one girl say to another "I didn't address the prompt for the writing section, all I wrote was 'Black Lives Matter.'"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:27 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Am I alone in thinking stories about people having slightly not-in-compliance-with-LSAC-standards photos are kind of boring? Like, congrats on following a rather pointless regulation of another regulation, and it's great we can pat ourselves on the back for it, but it's kind of sad if those are the most interesting stories people have.

if its boring, share some stories. there is a max of around four post on it out of over a hundred. Don't be so pressed. It isnt a pointless regulation of another regulation, if not following said regulation of another regulation can get you turned away at testing site, but w.e.

As u requested here's another story, girl in my testing center made it through 2-3 check ins with cellphone in hand. She got stopped at the elevator and turned away, asked to leave. She had a bitch fit and cried a river of tears. It was embarrasing and I felt bad, but the rules are clearly stated.

Me and another person were talkin shit before the test about ppl who don't follow the rules, and how our testing site of about 100 people slowly dwindled. I mean its bitter sweet, and that sam person got turned away bc they didn't follow admission protocol. I just found this out from a person I talk to who was in their last check-in line.

Oh people were sniffing tigers blood, i'm like cool...never heard of that trick.

I have no more stories, I mean there isnt much that went wrong thank God.
So when you go to law school, you're going to have to get good at isolating important stuff in cases from non-important stuff in cases.

People were sniffing tiger blood.

I love that you're still on your high horse about how everyone really thinks that stories about people who don't follow rules to the letter are hilarious when people brought fucking tiger blood to an exam.

m052310

New

Post by m052310 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:13 am

I had a nun try to steal my lunch. I took the test at some catholic elementary school in Rome, and apparently the sister at the door was use to not letting the children, or the 32 year old in this case, bring food into the classroom. I was just about to give up and commit to being hungry later since I didn't want to get spooled up arguing in a language I don't actually speak right before game time, but fortunately a proctor happened by and explained everything.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:22 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Am I alone in thinking stories about people having slightly not-in-compliance-with-LSAC-standards photos are kind of boring? Like, congrats on following a rather pointless regulation of another regulation, and it's great we can pat ourselves on the back for it, but it's kind of sad if those are the most interesting stories people have.

if its boring, share some stories. there is a max of around four post on it out of over a hundred. Don't be so pressed. It isnt a pointless regulation of another regulation, if not following said regulation of another regulation can get you turned away at testing site, but w.e.

As u requested here's another story, girl in my testing center made it through 2-3 check ins with cellphone in hand. She got stopped at the elevator and turned away, asked to leave. She had a bitch fit and cried a river of tears. It was embarrasing and I felt bad, but the rules are clearly stated.

Me and another person were talkin shit before the test about ppl who don't follow the rules, and how our testing site of about 100 people slowly dwindled. I mean its bitter sweet, and that sam person got turned away bc they didn't follow admission protocol. I just found this out from a person I talk to who was in their last check-in line.

Oh people were sniffing tigers blood, i'm like cool...never heard of that trick.

I have no more stories, I mean there isnt much that went wrong thank God.
So when you go to law school, you're going to have to get good at isolating important stuff in cases from non-important stuff in cases.

People were sniffing tiger blood.

I love that you're still on your high horse about how everyone really thinks that stories about people who don't follow rules to the letter are hilarious when people brought fucking tiger blood to an exam.
stop. being. pressed. it isn't cute. move on.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:33 am

Mr. Freeze wrote:After the test was over and everyone was walking down the hallway, I heard one girl say to another "I didn't address the prompt for the writing section, all I wrote was 'Black Lives Matter.'"
Hahahaha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:41 am

"What'd you have for breakfast?" "A nutri-grain bar"

ok this isn't that funny but that's a pretty trash breakfast to have the morning of the LSAT.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 am

bmathers wrote:
Mr. Freeze wrote:After the test was over and everyone was walking down the hallway, I heard one girl say to another "I didn't address the prompt for the writing section, all I wrote was 'Black Lives Matter.'"
Hahahaha

OMG OMFG I LOVE THAT.. So she only wrote that or wrote her essay about that? I understand you may or may not know the answer.

Lol i remember my proctor telling us to not bs this statement and how it is important. I also remember reading the instructions and it said Do Not write about anything else except what is on the prompt and basically what the proctors told us.

Is this a big gamble for the exam? I mean LS see this. Watch this girl get into YHS regardless of her score based on her being a rebel lmao!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:56 am

proteinshake wrote:"What'd you have for breakfast?" "A nutri-grain bar"

ok this isn't that funny but that's a pretty trash breakfast to have the morning of the LSAT.
i think having no breakfast at all is trashier, which is what I did. :( However, I always do this lol

Let's see how I made it out on this exam.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:48 am

proteinshake wrote:"What'd you have for breakfast?" "A nutri-grain bar"

lol, it doesnt matter as long as that's what you're used to having. my breakfast was a five hour energy and half a nature valley.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”