Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
amber.burke

New

Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Post by amber.burke » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 am

I am currently deployed to Iraq and studying for the LSAT. I am planning on taking the February 2011 LSAT in order to apply for the Army JAG program to attend law school. I have the Powerscore bibles and have been studying with those, but would like to take an online course. After reading reviews for the different online prep courses, Testmasters and Powerscore seem to be the top choices for most students. Has anyone taken either of those online courses? I talked to someone at Testmasters, and their course seems more suited for me; I can log in to take the classes around my schedule. Powerscore has set times for their classes from what the website is saying, but after using their books, I don't want to enroll in Testmasters and have the material presented be different than what is taught in the Powerscore books and be confused. I would just like to hear opinions from students who took either of those courses online before I make a decision. Thanks!!!

typ3

Silver

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses

Post by typ3 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 am

Testmasters class won't differ considerably from Powerscore.

None of the test companies differ considerably, however Powerscore and Testmasters are the two best. You might want to look into Knewton or Blueprint though. I've heard really good results from people who have taken those classes.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Bronze

Post by Atlas LSAT Teacher » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:05 pm

If you're looking beyond those two companies, we do both live online and recorded self-study courses. You can search this forum for some reviews and comparisons. Good luck!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 pm

The single most important consideration between the two courses should be your ability to "attend" each & every class.

longdaysjourney

Bronze

Post by longdaysjourney » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Atlas LSAT Teacher wrote:If you're looking beyond those two companies, we do both live online and recorded self-study courses. You can search this forum for some reviews and comparisons. Good luck!
This class took me from 165 range to 175 range...I'd recommend it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp colin

Bronze

Post by bp colin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:29 pm

xela kebert

New

Post by xela kebert » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:40 pm

bp colin wrote:...
Don't use Blueprint...I called and left a message twice and nobody returned my call in a week. When I succeeded in getting someone on the phone they were rude.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm

xela kebert wrote:
Don't use Blueprint...I called and left a message twice and nobody returned my call in a week. When I succeeded in getting someone on the phone they were rude.

Don't trust this post. I've contacted Blueprint on multiple occasions and I've always received a prompt response from a Blueprint staff member (notably Kaity Johnson) who was patient in answering all the questions I had regarding the course. I would recommend emailing them if you have any questions about the course because they are more than willing to accommodate you. You can judge for yourself the quality of customer service they offer.

I've actually ordered the Blueprint online course as a supplement to Blueprint's regular course (heavily discounted of course). I'm finding that the online course could serve as a very suitable replacement to the regular course if needed. The website has recorded lessons of all of Blueprint's lectures and thorough explanations for all the homework questions. The recorded lectures are all standard length lectures just like the ones you would get going through Blueprint's normal course. They recently updated all their videos with new animations that assist in the explanations for all the questions they cover in the lectures. In addition, many of the homework questions seem to have video explanations as well (if they don't have a video explanation, most have an audio explanation available).

The grading system for your practice tests is also handled quite well on the website. They have a form where you input all your answers and it will generate a result summary that breaks down your strengths and weaknesses. I'm unsure whether the other companies offer such a system, but these result summaries are extremely useful in understanding your weaknesses.

In summary, I would say the main attraction to using Blueprint is the recorded lectures. I don't believe any other company offers this feature, which makes Blueprint the closest you can get to having a regular in-person course.

unamis99

New

Post by unamis99 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Which online class is better, PowerScore or TestMasters? I know PowerScore has recorded classes as well as live-online classes? Does anyone have any experience with either a PowerScore or TestMasters course online? Any input would be appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi Colin. Please keep your posting about Blueprint confined to the professionals forum. Thanks!
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:38 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Hi Colin. Please keep your posting about Blueprint confined to the professionals forum. Thanks!
haha, you do realize this thread was necro'd from seven years ago?

xylocarp

Platinum

This is a message from BEYOND THE GRAVE. I am about to be permabanned by the man who bought this board, who has been acc

Post by xylocarp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

This is a message from BEYOND THE GRAVE. I am about to be permabanned by the man who bought this board, who has been accused of racist, misogynist, and homophobic remarks on multiple occasions. You can find me, and a core community, on the new website, www.top-law-schools.com.org. All are welcome. See you there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”