Reading Glasses? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
nickk

New

Reading Glasses?

Post by nickk » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey guys I'm not a usual poster, I usually just creep around on here looking for ideas. Unlike a lot of you guys I'm not super smart scoring in the high 160's and 170's, which is why I have refrained from posting scores, advice, etc... I understand if you don't want to respond because I'm not a normal contributor.
Anyway, today I was taking the Dec. 2009 PT on a pdf. I noticed that I was finishing sections with five minutes to spare, and I usually can barely finish every section. My accuracy went up as well. I thought it might be because the pdf. file font was much bigger than normal Lsat paper font and I was reading it better. I have never worn glasses, so i borrowed a pair of normal reading glasses from my brother and took a few sections of Logical Reasoning and got the same result: way faster time and better accuracy. It's the day before the test, so I don't want to change anything major right before (like wearing glasses), it could be the test is so close I'm more pumped and just performing better all around. But if it is the glasses, should I go ahead and where them anyway? What do you guys think?

alphagamma

Bronze

Re: Reading Glasses?

Post by alphagamma » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Are the glasses helping you see better? If you see the text more clearly or something while wearing glasses, then wear them. If the text is blurrier or there is no difference, then don't wear them.

Honestly, if you see that much of a difference, then I'd say wear them. Who cares if it's a last-minute change if it really helps you?

Bert

Bronze

Post by Bert » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I was in a similar boat. Found out vision was pretty f'ed up a few weeks before test day, glasses were received the Friday before test day. I spent the day before test day getting used to them and brought them to the test -- I used them as often as I thought I needed to, took them off when I didn't think I needed them, and I think that it helped me out a bit on test day.

Long story short, if you think they help, then they may help you (even if only by being a comforting factor on test day). Bring them - you can always not use them, but at least you will have them if you need them.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

I have needed glasses for a while. Didn't have them the first time I took the LSAT, ended with a lower score and headaches. Got glasses, went up on PT 4 points right away. If they seem to help, bring them. Like was said above you can take them off if they are not helping, just don't obses over the glasses and get side tracked.

nickk

New

Post by nickk » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 am

Alright, thanks for the advice! I was wondering if anybody had had similar situations and what their results were. Like you guys said, there's no harm in trying it.

TimWilson

New

Post by TimWilson » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:03 am

mod edit: spam

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”