Recent vs Earlier Preptests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
7ED

Bronze

Recent vs Earlier Preptests

Post by 7ED » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Hello

I've finished all the prep-tests up to 48 (or consumed them to simulate experimental sections), Because of the order in which I did the prep-tests I recently had to make the jump from the 30-39 range of prep-tests to the 48-59 range. Maybe its cause i have a rather nasty cold, but my usual score range immediately dropped from 175-178 to 173-175.

I am also experiencing a few more timing issues, and 100 question exmas with a -8 to -10 curve really doesn't help. I have just a bit over 2 weeks left before I hit the real exam in february. Has anyone else noticed a similar drop, and if so, how did u compensate?

Madman

New

Re: Recent vs Earlier Preptests

Post by Madman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 pm

I have recently posted a similar question about new LR (my next PT is 46), as I have been getting nailed on my timing in particualr for LR and finding the answers much less obvious. I hope someone chimes in on this and mentions if they were able to recover from their drop in score experienced on the newer tests.

ZombiesAhead

New

Post by ZombiesAhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Do we know that the distribution of scores is the same as it always was? Do we have data showing what percentage of test takers are getting 160/165/160/175 for instance? Unless people used to be missing a ton of points on LG I swear this test (via LR and RC difficulty increase) is getting way harder.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 pm

It seems like they find new ways to mess with you every few years and it just takes time to adjust. My (unscientific) evidence for this is the frequency of posts like yours, similar experiences I've had and the -14 curve of this past LSAT where the first LR section killed people's raw score. Example, I remember someone saying they missed 2 questions on the other 3 sections and 6 questions in the section I'm speaking of. I went (-9 and -1). So...its not a perfect theory you get the drift.

ZombiesAhead

New

Post by ZombiesAhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Kobe - that was exactly me. I'm used to rocking LR but on the first (real) LR of december I was -10!!! I was -2 on the second LR. So pissed but not sure what to do about this. I am like -1 (rarely -2) on any fresh LR from low 40's and below @ 30 minutes. How are you changing your approach?

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm not. I still got a decent score (165). My advice, and you've probably heard it before, review review review. Especially that section that fucked us up. I created a spreadsheet in Excel and tracked my wrong answers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”