Any Other Study Guide Close to PowerScore in Quality? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TokyoLove

New

Any Other Study Guide Close to PowerScore in Quality?

Post by TokyoLove » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I've seen numerous reviews here of Barron's, Princeton Review, and Kaplan study guides, and the consensus seems to be that they generally pale in comparison to PowerScore, and are not necessary if you already have PowerScore.

Is there any other company that publishes study materials close in quality to Power Score?

Or is PowerScore alone sufficient (besides the actual prep tests)?

MURPH

Silver

Re: Any Other Study Guide Close to PowerScore in Quality?

Post by MURPH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I have all the ones you mentioned and none are good except Powerscore. kaplan in particular offers telephone support and a 1-800 numer which they take a half hour to answer and then put you on hold. THe only good Kaplan book is the Master's book and the old Orange book (hard to find) because they have tons of organized questions with no instructions on how to do them (i.e. You don't have to waste your time on the 'Kaplan Method')

I assume you have all the 10 actual Official Books too, right?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:46 pm

TokyoLove

New

Post by TokyoLove » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:49 pm

MURPH,

Thanks for your input. I was surprised to learn that the PowerScore hotline takes half an hour to answer (was thinking about signing up).
Besides the above mentioned brands, have you tried any other brands?

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 pm

No matter what books of technique you use, the bulk of your time should be spent working on real practice questions from LSAC. I used Cracking the LSAT as my book of technique, and it was good for getting started and framing my approach to the subsequent tests, but it was not sufficient by itself (nor is any such book).

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm

TokyoLove wrote:MURPH,

Thanks for your input. I was surprised to learn that the PowerScore hotline takes half an hour to answer (was thinking about signing up).
Besides the above mentioned brands, have you tried any other brands?

No, My post states that Kaplan takes 1/2 hour. I don't even know if Powerscore has a phone line. I took a TestMasters course, which I found to be very helpful. The key is to use only real LSAT questions. If possible you should get all 6000 available test questions and answer every one of them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”