December February LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
juleesong

New

December February LSAT

Post by juleesong » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:25 pm

I applied w/ a December LSAT score. If I sign up for the February test (in case I have to reapply next year), will admissions see that I am retaking in February and wonder what is up?

rwallis

New

Re: December February LSAT

Post by rwallis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. I got my Dec score last week, panicked, and immediately signed up for Feb. Now I'm feeling nervous about how that will look on my report, and whether my application will even be considered complete with a future scheduled LSAT on my record. (By the way, I don't think it's possible to "unregister" either. My understanding is you either have to go take it and cancel your score, or you get an absentee note on your report. But correct me if I'm wrong, please.

My guess? I think we're ok. If you log in to your LSAC account, if all you needed was the test score, it should say that those applications are complete and that the reports have been sent. If that's true then we should be getting notifications from those schools sometime this week... right?

Lord Jim-ish

New

Post by Lord Jim-ish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Last edited by Lord Jim-ish on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwallis

New

Post by rwallis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Lord Jim-ish wrote:
rwallis wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. I got my Dec score last week, panicked, and immediately signed up for Feb. Now I'm feeling nervous about how that will look on my report, and whether my application will even be considered complete with a future scheduled LSAT on my record. (By the way, I don't think it's possible to "unregister" either. My understanding is you either have to go take it and cancel your score, or you get an absentee note on your report. But correct me if I'm wrong, please.

My guess? I think we're ok. If you log in to your LSAC account, if all you needed was the test score, it should say that those applications are complete and that the reports have been sent. If that's true then we should be getting notifications from those schools sometime this week... right?
You have to request a refund.

"Requesting a refund by the deadline will prevent the recording of an absentee notation on your file.

If you miss the refund deadline, you may still change your test date online. See test date change instructions above.

Your refund will take approximately six weeks to process, and your test registration will be canceled.

The current LSAT refund amount is $47 US ($49 CDN)."

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/Refunds.asp

EDIT: clarity.
Thank you! Very helpful... and relieving.

FYI the deadline for the LSAT Registration Refund for the Feb test id January 15th.

Lord Jim-ish

New

Post by Lord Jim-ish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Last edited by Lord Jim-ish on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

juleesong

New

Post by juleesong » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Lord Jim,
What request are you talking about?

I'm taking February's test in case I get rejected from ALL MY Fall '10 schools so even though I applied already, I will be taking the Feb test.

Lord Jim-ish

New

Post by Lord Jim-ish » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Last edited by Lord Jim-ish on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwallis

New

Post by rwallis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 pm

juleesong wrote:I applied w/ a December LSAT score. If I sign up for the February test (in case I have to reapply next year), will admissions see that I am retaking in February and wonder what is up?
so i got an email back from my adviser today. she said:
"The law schools will assume that you want your application reviewed with the current score unless you tell them otherwise. If you want them to wait until the February score comes in, you'll need to notify each school."

so no. they won't wonder what's up. they'll ignore it unless you ask them to put a hold on your application review until the score is released... which you prob don't wanna do.

juleesong

New

Post by juleesong » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I guess the schools who specified they won't accept LSATs from any later than December 2010 won't wait at all..
Thank you for your info, rwallis.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”