Recommend West Coast tutor? Take Testmasters for 3rd time!? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cale39

New

Recommend West Coast tutor? Take Testmasters for 3rd time!?

Post by Cale39 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am planning to retake the LSAT for my third and final time in june 2010. (Sept 09 cancel dec 09 162). I was PTing 165-168 on average. I took testmasters back in my jr year of college in 2008 but ended up not even taking lsat that year. I took a testmasters course this past summer in anticipation for the Sept 09 test but I was working full time at an internship so I didnt get as much studying done as I would like. Between Sept and Dec I "self-studied" and improved my average PT scores from the 162-163 I was getting during the summer. During this self study period I definitely made gains but they were mostly due to increased familiarity with the test.

I am considering taking yet another prep course (my third) with either testmasters or kaplan. I was thinkign that it might be a better use of money to meet with a tutor at least a few times who can take a look at my own personal strategy and see where I am going wrong. I'm not convinced another course will even help me.

Does anyone have any idea of a good lsat tutor on the west coast (Sf bay area) and general advice?

Thanks

tomwatts

Gold

Re: Recommend West Coast tutor? Take Testmasters for 3rd time!?

Post by tomwatts » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Cale39 wrote:I was thinkign that it might be a better use of money to meet with a tutor at least a few times who can take a look at my own personal strategy and see where I am going wrong. I'm not convinced another course will even help me.
You do sound like a good candidate for tutoring. You've learned the basics that you need to know from a course, and now you need to troubleshoot and work on really mastering things. If you can, you'd probably benefit from doing tutoring.
Cale39 wrote:Does anyone have any idea of a good lsat tutor on the west coast (Sf bay area)
Um, me. :P

hv1

Bronze

Post by hv1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm

3rd time is not necessary, just make sure you have the basics of logic down and then self-study

Cale39

New

Post by Cale39 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Just bumping up for other recs

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”