1 Month Crash Course for 3rd Timers? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
goosey

Gold

1 Month Crash Course for 3rd Timers?

Post by goosey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:51 pm

I am wondering if I should register for the Feb test or not. I am retaking for the third time (got the same score twice) and am looking for a 3-5 point jump, realistically. I was testing much much higher than the score I received both times and know what went wrong both times so I am sure I can do it. However the problem is I am a bit rusty right now since I havent looked at an LSAT question in close to 3 months. Do you think that 1 month of hardcore studying (6+ hours a day) will be sufficient?

lostone

New

Re: 1 Month Crash Course for 3rd Timers?

Post by lostone » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 pm

in the same situation, would like to know what you all think

bloustmaster

New

Post by bloustmaster » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:19 pm

a month is a long ass time. if you study all day, 2 weeks should be enough.

lostone

New

Post by lostone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Thinking about just marking the questions i got wrong, compiling the types of questions i get wrong in excel or something, and focusing on them...

not really sure tho?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm

lostone wrote:Thinking about just marking the questions i got wrong, compiling the types of questions i get wrong in excel or something, and focusing on them...

not really sure tho?

i noticed that when you dont do all-over review you get rusty. I made a study plan and one month of hardcore studying seems pretty sufficient for a second retake

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:49 pm

goosey wrote:I am wondering if I should register for the Feb test or not. I am retaking for the third time (got the same score twice) and am looking for a 3-5 point jump, realistically. I was testing much much higher than the score I received both times and know what went wrong both times so I am sure I can do it. However the problem is I am a bit rusty right now since I havent looked at an LSAT question in close to 3 months. Do you think that 1 month of hardcore studying (6+ hours a day) will be sufficient?
If you already know all the theory and methods, I suggest just talking a fuck load of PTs. In test conditions, in a library with people, with no break. Do one a day all month. Go over questions you are iffy on/ got wrong.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Last edited by missinglink on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Barto

New

Post by El Barto » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Although I'm not taking it in February, what do you think of this plan for September?

-Re-read LRB for January
-February through August redo a PT each month and go over it for the whole month. Checking each question carefully, checking it against the LRB, etc. May seem extreme but I'm willing to do it. This would be PT's 53-59 (58 and 59 being the former tests I took :oops: )

Sourpunch

Bronze

Post by Sourpunch » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm

ADVICE: *WARNING* THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO TAKE THE LSAT FOR TWO YEARS *END WARNING*

Do NOT take it in February. Sit back, relax, take a deep breath, and re-take in September after spending at least 5 months studying your ass off. I reccomend a prep course- you CAN'T afford to fuck up on this one. An investment in a prep course is worth it.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 am

Elbarto, I do not reccommend studing right now for sept. I started studying in january (roughly..I had been looking at the bibles earlier but nothing significant) for the june test and I was extremely burned out. Burn out is real, and it killed me--first on my june test, then when re-prepping for sept. I was just so done with this test I didn't even want to look at it again. Not a wise decision. Start now for june, and even then, take it easy till march or so.

Sourpunch: I've alrdy done the whole prep for 5 months/take a prep course. My score isn't horrid, but not what I'm happy with. I have no choice but to take this test.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”