Where did you score compared to your PT average? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Where did you score compared to your PT average?

9 or more points higher
1%
6-8 points higher
4%
3-5 points higher
14%
within 2 points of your PT average
41%
3-5 points lower
25%
6-8 points lower
11%
9 or more points lower
3%

Total votes: 138

JCougar

Gold

Where did you score compared to your PT average?

Post by JCougar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:02 am

Not just for the December test, but for anyone who took the September version as well.

Jockin Jay-Z

Bronze

Re: Where did you score compared to your PT average?

Post by Jockin Jay-Z » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 am

I scored equal or higher on half on my PTs than I did in September. I scored equal or higher on about 20% of my PTs than I did in December.

Sourpunch

Bronze

Post by Sourpunch » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:45 am

PT average= 173..

Actual= 169.

Dissapointing but the score is solid so I'm satisfied and just want to move on with life. USC or UCLA acceptance would be my dream come true.

cdnguy

New

Post by cdnguy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 am

week of: 161, 163, 166

actual: 164

Moxie

Silver

Post by Moxie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Was testing 171-174, but got a 168 and 160 the week before the test itself.

Ended up with a 168 :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Within 2 points of my average. I scored as low as 165 and as high as 172, but I mostly stayed around 166-168. I got a 167 on the test.

lakerfanimal

Bronze

Post by lakerfanimal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 pm

Average was 173. Scored 172.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:53 pm

My PT range was 167-175, but I was 170+ from August on.

I got a 164 in September and a 173 in December.

dinerroll

New

Post by dinerroll » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 pm

I've scored between 164 and 178, but my average was around 171-173... I ended up scoring 172 in Dec. (which was the only time I'd taken the LSAT)... however looking at the score report, of the two possible experimental sections, the one I knew I did worse on was the one that ended up being scored... so who knows.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Fenguin

New

Post by Fenguin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:17 pm

I scored almost exactly my average, though after the real test I felt I had completely bombed logic games.

GoBroncos22!

Bronze

Post by GoBroncos22! » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:38 pm

My 158 score was 2 points higher than my average PT. So I cant say I am pissed off, but slowly coming to accept the fact that I will be retaking if I want a better school

Giller

New

Post by Giller » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 pm

PT average: 173
Score: 174

februaryftw

Bronze

Post by februaryftw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Small quibble, but I'd be interested to see how many of those not scoring within 2 points are scoring within 3 points of their average. I'm also curious how rigorous people are with their PT average (my guess: not very). If LSAC's reporting protocol is to be believed, the scores are only reliable within +-3 points.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 pm

My average is about 168 (feburaryftw, I wouldn't say I was particularly scientific with my averages. Frankly, I'm guessing. I scored between 161-174 during prep, but higher towards the end, more like 164-174).

Scored 161 in September (nerves) and 160 in December (not enough nerves). Applications are all in, but I'm retaking in February and hoping for 165 for schools I'm on the bubble.

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Post by whuts4lunch » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm

missvoted... meant to click 3-5 lower not 3-5 higher.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

June PT Average 166 (164-168)
June score 163

September PT average 175 (172-179)
September score 168

:cry:

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm

This is the most frustrating subject in the world for me. I can literally speed-read, and I'm usually an excellent test taker. I hate the LSAT so much.

PT range: 168-177
PT average: 174
Sept: 169

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Average: 172 (on unused tests)
Actual: 171

j2d3

New

Post by j2d3 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:25 pm

This poll has a missing option:

"I DON'T FKING KNOW BECAUSE LSAC DID NOT TELL ME MY SCORE YET."

IHaveDietMoxie

Bronze

Post by IHaveDietMoxie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 pm

j2d3 wrote:This poll has a missing option:

that seriously sucks, I'm sorry

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:37 pm

Last edited by stratocophic on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

j2d3

New

Post by j2d3 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:40 pm

IHaveDietMoxie wrote:

Well, I guess I have six more days of living in a fantasy land where the LSAC is investigating my score because it's a perfect 180 (-0).

Unfortunately, said fantasy land frequently alternates with nightmare land in which a proctor spilled his coffee on my answer sheet, rendering it unreadable by the machines. They say they've been able to read my raw score accurately for the most part, but that there's a six point margin of error due to two areas of my answer sheet that were badly damaged by the coffee spill and the machine's subsequent failed scanning attempt. Six answers were just irretrievably illegible. However, they then go on to say I need not worry, they can actually still calculate my score, "retro-predictively." LSAC's R&D computer scientists regularly employ statistical models to correlate scores with answer patterns as well as the patterns formed by other quantifiable features of the test. This new retro-predictive technology is literally designed for this kind of situation, and the LSAC's researchers are able to do dynamic predictoforensic statistical analysis on my readable responses with respect to the other test takers' response patterns from the test. Using this new system, which incidentally runs on a distributed computation platform much like that which was described in the comparative RC passage, each one of my unreadable responses was predicted to have been incorrect. Realizing, however, that the coffee spill was not my fault and that this huge mishaps was truly a great inconvenience, they are going to give me one point and a 152 instead of the 151 I had most likely earned. They said I shouldn't worry because they would be a mark next to my 152 score indicating that there was a problem with the scoring. Then, they warmly invited me to take the LSAT again on any given Saturday morning, my choice, with 5% off the usual registration fees! It would still have to be at 8:30am and unfortunately could only be done in Sacramento, but it could be on any Saturday I wanted, just so long as it's the Saturday after the second Sunday in a given month, and that month's name does not end in Y. As well, the offer is not available in any month until after the moon has been either completely full or completely new with respect to the calendar date and moon phase as observed in Newtown, PA‎.

The rest of the time I imagine the reality of the situation is somewhere in between these extremes. In any case, this is all very bad for my mental health.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

Looks like a slight skew towards scoring a few points lower than your PT average, but nothing more than that.

To all you people who score better than your PT average, I don't know how you can focus more on test day. Kudos, because apparently I can't even beat my worst PT score. If I could just do that, I'd be pretty ecstatic. Maybe if I retake in February, my anxiety about taking a timed test will abate and let me think clearly.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:21 pm

j2d3 wrote:
IHaveDietMoxie wrote:

Well, I guess I have six more days of living in a fantasy land where the LSAC is investigating my score because it's a perfect 180 (-0).

Unfortunately, said fantasy land frequently alternates with nightmare land in which a proctor spilled his coffee on my answer sheet, rendering it unreadable by the machines. They say they've been able to read my raw score accurately for the most part, but that there's a six point margin of error due to two areas of my answer sheet that were badly damaged by the coffee spill and the machine's subsequent failed scanning attempt. Six answers were just irretrievably illegible. However, they then go on to say I need not worry, they can actually still calculate my score, "retro-predictively." LSAC's R&D computer scientists regularly employ statistical models to correlate scores with answer patterns as well as the patterns formed by other quantifiable features of the test. This new retro-predictive technology is literally designed for this kind of situation, and the LSAC's researchers are able to do dynamic predictoforensic statistical analysis on my readable responses with respect to the other test takers' response patterns from the test. Using this new system, which incidentally runs on a distributed computation platform much like that which was described in the comparative RC passage, each one of my unreadable responses was predicted to have been incorrect. Realizing, however, that the coffee spill was not my fault and that this huge mishaps was truly a great inconvenience, they are going to give me one point and a 152 instead of the 151 I had most likely earned. They said I shouldn't worry because they would be a mark next to my 152 score indicating that there was a problem with the scoring. Then, they warmly invited me to take the LSAT again on any given Saturday morning, my choice, with 5% off the usual registration fees! It would still have to be at 8:30am and unfortunately could only be done in Sacramento, but it could be on any Saturday I wanted, just so long as it's the Saturday after the second Sunday in a given month, and that month's name does not end in Y. As well, the offer is not available in any month until after the moon has been either completely full or completely new with respect to the calendar date and moon phase as observed in Newtown, PA‎.

The rest of the time I imagine the reality of the situation is somewhere in between these extremes. In any case, this is all very bad for my mental health.
:shock: .... I'm so sorry, you're living through one of my worst nightmares .... good luck!!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

PT average = 165 (pretty close to exact... I kept a list.)

September = 158
December=170

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”