Blew my LSAT! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
op-ti

Bronze

Blew my LSAT!

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Last edited by op-ti on Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DannyJames

New

Re: Blew my LSAT!

Post by DannyJames » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 pm

a decent LSAT won't usually get you into a T14, and there are many other factors that will come into play (GPA most importantly). aim at improving in your weakest areas. this can help strengthen the other areas of the test as well. DEFINITELY re-take, but change up your study habits. you have plenty of time for june, don't overdo it.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm

DannyJames wrote:a decent LSAT won't usually get you into a T14, and there are many other factors that will come into play (GPA most importantly). aim at improving in your weakest areas. this can help strengthen the other areas of the test as well. DEFINITELY re-take, but change up your study habits. you have plenty of time for june, don't overdo it.

Thanks!

I'm aiming for a 170 (yeah I know, it's coming from me who has killed it twice--but I hit 170 5 times during my prep).

Hope I can still get into a decent school.

El Barto

New

Post by El Barto » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 pm

This probably doesn't help but I'm in the same position as you, I blew it twice (September and December). I'll take it again in September or as late as December 2010 (I'm more inclined to take it in December to have a full year, or 11 months, of study but I imagine that might be too much). You'd think I would have learned the first time I blew it, or even before the first test, but this time I'll strengthen my resolve to do better and study harder and correctly, its the only thing I/we can do. It just means we'll have to delay going to law school, if we indeed to much better, for another year. In the meantime study, work, continue your education, etc.

Bain99

New

Post by Bain99 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear you blew your LSAT. Going from a 150 to 170 is a HUGE jump and I don't know if it is realistic for you. It seems you put alot of time and effort into this and have done poorly twice. Maybe T14 is not realistic for you. I did worse than I wanted to as well (153) and it was my first time and I only took 3 practice tests. I may take it again or just decide law school is not for me.

I think you should start researching schools outside the top 50. There are a ton of good schools out there and I think with a score in the mid-150's you will find a school that is perfect for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Bain99 wrote:Sorry to hear you blew your LSAT. Going from a 150 to 170 is a HUGE jump and I don't know if it is realistic for you. It seems you put alot of time and effort into this and have done poorly twice. Maybe T14 is not realistic for you. I did worse than I wanted to as well (153) and it was my first time and I only took 3 practice tests. I may take it again or just decide law school is not for me.

I think you should start researching schools outside the top 50. There are a ton of good schools out there and I think with a score in the mid-150's you will find a school that is perfect for you.
Last edited by op-ti on Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:38 pm

El Barto wrote:This probably doesn't help but I'm in the same position as you, I blew it twice (September and December). I'll take it again in September or as late as December 2010 (I'm more inclined to take it in December to have a full year, or 11 months, of study but I imagine that might be too much). You'd think I would have learned the first time I blew it, or even before the first test, but this time I'll strengthen my resolve to do better and study harder and correctly, its the only thing I/we can do. It just means we'll have to delay going to law school, if we indeed to much better, for another year. In the meantime study, work, continue your education, etc.

Good to know there is someone in the same boat...not that I want anyone to do horribly like my self, but its simply good to know there are others out there :D

I work...but this time around, I'm going to be consistent. Good luck with your studying!

A year would be a bit much for me and would lead to a burn out...but I guess if you pace your self correctly and give your self enough time, it might actually work.

Regardless...do you know if anyone else has pulled something like this and made it to a t14?

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:41 pm

IBMtal

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:IBMtal

???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

illiniKID9

New

Post by illiniKID9 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:50 pm

op-ti wrote:
El Barto wrote:This probably doesn't help but I'm in the same position as you, I blew it twice (September and December). I'll take it again in September or as late as December 2010 (I'm more inclined to take it in December to have a full year, or 11 months, of study but I imagine that might be too much). You'd think I would have learned the first time I blew it, or even before the first test, but this time I'll strengthen my resolve to do better and study harder and correctly, its the only thing I/we can do. It just means we'll have to delay going to law school, if we indeed to much better, for another year. In the meantime study, work, continue your education, etc.

Good to know there is someone in the same boat...not that I want anyone to do horribly like my self, but its simply good to know there are others out there :D

I work...but this time around, I'm going to be consistent. Good luck with your studying!

A year would be a bit much for me and would lead to a burn out...but I guess if you pace your self correctly and give your self enough time, it might actually work.

Regardless...do you know if anyone else has pulled something like this and made it to a t14?
honestly, you should probably kiss the idea of going to a t14 good bye. i am blunt but i am being realistic. even more so, im not sure if a score in the 150's (unless you are a URM) will even get you into a t45. i say this because i have a very good application; 3.4, 165, a masters, great LORs and lots of EC, and good essay...even im having difficulty getting into t40s.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:57 pm

illiniKID9 wrote:
honestly, you should probably kiss the idea of going to a t14 good bye. i am blunt but i am being realistic. even more so, im not sure if a score in the 150's (unless you are a URM) will even get you into a t45. i say this because i have a very good application; 3.4, 165, a masters, great LORs and lots of EC, and good essay...even im having difficulty getting into t40s.
Last edited by op-ti on Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrdstr

New

Post by redrdstr » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:06 pm

illiniKID9 wrote: honestly, you should probably kiss the idea of going to a t14 good bye. i am blunt but i am being realistic. even more so, im not sure if a score in the 150's (unless you are a URM) will even get you into a t45. i say this because i have a very good application; 3.4, 165, a masters, great LORs and lots of EC, and good essay...even im having difficulty getting into t40s.
So sorry to hear that. I thought a 3.4 and a 165 would get you into schools like BC, Fordham and Hastings, all in the high 20's and low 30's. Best of luck this cycle though!

bissey

Bronze

Post by bissey » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 pm

illiniKID9 wrote:
op-ti wrote:

wtf is t45? t40? the whole post is complete douchebaggery.

dont listen to this fool. study, retake, and you'll do fine. stay motivated.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Last edited by hellokitty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

blhblahblah

Bronze

Post by blhblahblah » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:45 pm

bahahaha, very creative

OP: IBMtal is an adaptation of IBTL (in before the thread gets locked). Mtal is a disgruntled 2L who flows in and out of threads like a sad, pessimitic cloud. He'd likely advise you to quit law all together. He regrets ever going to his shit law school, but that doesn't mean you have to be like him. If it is true that 150 is low based on your PT average, take it again and rock that bitch.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:01 pm

blhblahblah wrote:
bahahaha, very creative

OP: IBMtal is an adaptation of IBTL (in before the thread gets locked). Mtal is a disgruntled 2L who flows in and out of threads like a sad, pessimitic cloud. He'd likely advise you to quit law all together. He regrets ever going to his shit law school, but that doesn't mean you have to be like him. If it is true that 150 is low based on your PT average, take it again and rock that bitch.

ahhh...thanks!

Thank you for the encouragement as well!

3rd time better be the charm for me :evil:
:wink:

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:21 pm

op-ti wrote:I've done the LSAT twice now :? And both times…blew it!

I did it for the first time in Sept. '09 and cancelled.
Did it another time this Dec. '09 and got a 150 :cry:
(My diagnostic was 155!)

I know I've certainly thrown ALL or ANY chances of me ever going to a tier 1 law school EVER.

But I'm also not a quitter.

I want to give it one last try (since we can do the LSAT 3 times in 2 yrs). I want to aim for the June '10--if I can pull a decent LSAT, could I still get into a t14?

Thanks in advance for your feed back!
What has been your study techniques...self study? Have you completed any prep courses?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm

spearnreel wrote: What has been your study techniques...self study? Have you completed any prep courses?
Self study...no prep course.

I work a tone of OT because of my job, so never could commit to a prep course.

Was using the powerscore books. Will stick to them most prob. but will be consistent everyday this time around.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:00 pm

op-ti wrote:
spearnreel wrote: What has been your study techniques...self study? Have you completed any prep courses?

Was using the powerscore books. Will stick to them most prob. but will be consistent everyday this time around.
Get a private tutor. It will help you figure out what you're doing wrong. Just make sure it's someone who's highly regarded.

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:06 pm

keg411 wrote:
op-ti wrote:

Get a private tutor. It will help you figure out what you're doing wrong. Just make sure it's someone who's highly regarded.
Any suggestions in NYC area?

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Obviously, you should have used your tongue more.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Trifles

Bronze

Post by Trifles » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:21 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Obviously, you should have used your tongue more.

ScndCareertyme

New

Post by ScndCareertyme » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:27 pm

I have a similar question. I took the DEC 09 test and got a 160 with gpa of 3.39. I was planning on applying to UGA, FLA, GA state and South Carolina. It was a bummer, b/c I felt like I underperformed (my practice tests were usually 165-168). Is there any real chance a 165 on the Feb test will get me any better positioned for entrance/$$$ at these schools? thanks

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 pm

im in the same boat too..cancelled sept and bombed december..im going to prep for februarys test now..since im done with school i have more than a month to prepare with no distractions..hopefully this will help improve my score

DannyJames

New

Post by DannyJames » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:40 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Obviously, you should have used your tongue more.
this...did you rake?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”