Sahm taking lsat

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Eschatological

New

Sahm taking lsat

Postby Eschatological » Wed May 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi. I have 3 kids under the age of 5 and am a stay at home mother. I would like to start studying for the lsat.

My husband is a successful lawyer. I got a perfect score on my GREs and was in grad school for a math related career before becoming pregnant and dropping out. I'm hoping this will translate to success on the LSAT. Not the dropping out part, obviously.

I don't have the focus I used to for academic work, especially since I'm still nursing my baby around the clock. I decided to sign up for the LSAT in December to give myself an end date for studying (registration isn't open yet but I love deadlines.)

Long term, I'd like to get a free ride to law school. I'm not a minority, so I'll be shooting for whatever score will get me there.

Any advice for me? Any moms doing the same thing I could connect with?

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: Sahm taking lsat

Postby BrainsyK » Wed May 15, 2019 11:43 pm

I'm assuming that you're not willing to uproot your whole family to accomplish this so if you live near one of the many schools that take the GRE as part of your application package, just apply to one of those and bypass the LSAT entirely.

Kiwilaw

New

Postby Kiwilaw » Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 am

Most schools will give the best scholarship money to people whose undergrad GPA and LSAT are above their medians (this helps boost both of their median scores and, thus, helps them in the USNEWS rankings). Once above both medians, it seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. Look up the schools you would like to apply to and find what their medians typically are. You can also look them up on mylsn.com. On that site there's a scholarship graph where you can see what scores people with the highest scholarship amounts have.

LSATWiz.com

Partner

Postby LSATWiz.com » Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am

If you got a perfect score on the GRE, you should be able to do really well on the LSAT and December is plenty of time notwithstanding taking care of young children.

Eschatological

New

Postby Eschatological » Tue May 21, 2019 12:39 pm

My GRE timed out a few years ago.

I took a practice test cold (after reading tls a bit) and only got 156. I know that's good, but I was hoping to score high 170s. I have to work on logic games the most, and I even got some reading comp wrong, which I thought I'd breeze through.

I will take the test in October hopefully. Just ordered the powerscore logic games bible. I will study every day at least a few minutes.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�