Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Class of 2021 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2021)
tlsadmin2

Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Class of 2021

Post by tlsadmin2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Key Dates

Apr 30, 2018: Deadline to Submit Admission Application
May 15, 2018: Deadline to Submit Financial Aid Application

Class

1037: Completed Applications
611: Offers of Admission
170: Enrollees from Applicant pool

25%/Median/75%

GPA: 2.74/3.01/3.27
LSAT: 145/147/150

Student Budget & Cost of Attendance

Tuition: $48,830

ExperiencedESQ

New

Re: Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Class of 2021

Post by ExperiencedESQ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Let me tell all you young kids why you SHOULD consider Touro, before you are brainwashed by uninformed "law students" looking for reasons to justify their choices. I have been practicing law for 30 years, thanks to TOURO LAW SCHOOL, which is what it was called in 1985, when I started. My father, a St. Johns law graduate told me, do you want to be a small fish in a big pond, or a big fish in a small pond (without passing judgment on the 'quality' of the pond. I chose the latter. I was an average student with a good LSAT score, for those days. I worked hard, battled with my professors, and was towards the upper end of my class. On hindsight, I made a GREAT decision! For instance, I was recruited as a summer associate for the =3rd largest law firm in the world at the time Shea & Gould, and as a summer associate, I was working with kids from Yale, Harvard, Stamford, etc....most of whom were pompous morons. Some of them even laughed when i told them I was from TOURO. SO be it. I not only ran circles around them in almost everyday (common sense usually at the forefront), but the partners started coming to me, not them, to work on certain briefs, while the rest were stuck in cubicles doing mundane research. The partners told me that it was their experience that TOURO is the working attorneys school. That its student body, for the most part, were very hard working and that they could "rely" on my work. Of course I accepted a full time offer after school with them, but the crux of this story is that no matter what you hear about TOURO, in the actual profession, its known as the working attorneys school, not some out of the loop, elitist, pontificating and sometimes out of touch schools as some of the others. I now have a national law firm and employee students from TOURO. I practice what I preach. Have yet to be disappointed.

So when deciding on which school to apply to, TOURO needs to be considered more because of the values and skills you develop that WILL land you a job, versus who you and your family knows to get one.

BONUS - 75% of the professors I had in 1985 still teach at TOURO - and you would be very lucky to get any of them. Hope this helps!

Ohnoooooo

New

Post by Ohnoooooo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm

ExperiencedESQ wrote:Let me tell all you young kids why you SHOULD consider Touro! blah blah blah
How much money did Touro give you to write this?

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am

Common sense indicates that the legal market and law schools have changed significantly since 1985.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2021 Forum”