What does this mean? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
woody_10

New

What does this mean?

Post by woody_10 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I received this e-mail from Kansas this morning:

"Hello,

Thank you for your application to The University of Kansas School of Law. I have had the opportunity to review your file and am very impressed with your academic credentials.

As I was reviewing your file I noticed you selected a number of factors that influenced you to apply to our program. Could you please provide me with some additional information concerning your connection to, or interest in, Kansas or the University of Kansas? Any additional information you can provide in this regard would be appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Jacqlene Nance, JD
Director of Admissions, KU Law"

That was copied and pasted. My status checker went from under review to additional information needed. Anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks

javajoe

New

Re: What does this mean?

Post by javajoe » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 pm

It sounds like they want to know how serious you are about attending Kansas, and want you to submit a "Why Kansas" statement.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:55 pm

woody_10 wrote:I received this e-mail from Kansas this morning:

"Hello,

Thank you for your application to the University of Kansas School of Law. I have had the opportunity to review your file and am very impressed with your academic credentials.

As I was reviewing your file I noticed you selected a number of factors that influenced you to apply to our program. Could you please provide me with some additional information concerning your connection to, or interest in, Kansas or the University of Kansas? Any additional information you can provide in this regard would be appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Jacqlene Nance, JD
Director of Admissions, KU Law"
Are you from anywhere near Kansas? They probably want to see if you applied across the board at a ton of different places, and how likely it is that you will attend their school if accepted. If they accept you and you don't go, they get dinged. I'm guessing they are wanting to accept you, but are worried you are going to matriculate elsewhere. If you have any family/friends/other compelling reasons for living in Kansas for a few years, now would be a good time to showcase them.

Edit: answered above, far more succinctly.

moe

New

Post by moe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm

I got the same exact e-mail yesterday! I sent in a brief Why KU statement. Hope it all works out for the best!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”