GRE

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: GRE

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm

cyj43 wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
cyj43 wrote:The OP wants to know what GRE scores got me into which schools. I applied with my GRE (not my LSAT) and got into T-14’s. Makes sense?


Sure, it does now. The point is when you include your LSAT information when nobody asked for it people are going to assume you submitted both LSAT and GRE. This is especially true considering the policy of most schools is that you have to submit both if you have both.

I'm curious, which T14 accepted the GRE in previous cycles? Or did you apply this cycle?


I specifically stated that I applied with my GRE. i can see why some would think i also applied with my LSAT. But based on OP’s post, my answer was simply answering a GRE applicant question.

This cycle. Doing this on my phone so, excuse the many edits.


This might have been solved by either not listing your LSAT or noting that it was an expired score. You can't opt out of including a reportable LSAT score on your application, so without that information, your insistence on saying that you were a GRE applicant was very confusing.

Law 202x

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: GRE

Postby Law 202x » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 pm

If I bomb the LSAT, I'll probably wait five years for it to fall off and then apply with a GRE. However if I do well enough on the LSAT, I'll probably apply in about two to three years' time. So I'll let you know then, but by then you might be done with law school so I don't know how much help it will be.

cyj43

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Re: GRE

Postby cyj43 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
cyj43 wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
cyj43 wrote:The OP wants to know what GRE scores got me into which schools. I applied with my GRE (not my LSAT) and got into T-14’s. Makes sense?


Sure, it does now. The point is when you include your LSAT information when nobody asked for it people are going to assume you submitted both LSAT and GRE. This is especially true considering the policy of most schools is that you have to submit both if you have both.

I'm curious, which T14 accepted the GRE in previous cycles? Or did you apply this cycle?


I specifically stated that I applied with my GRE. i can see why some would think i also applied with my LSAT. But based on OP’s post, my answer was simply answering a GRE applicant question.

This cycle. Doing this on my phone so, excuse the many edits.


This might have been solved by either not listing your LSAT or noting that it was an expired score. You can't opt out of including a reportable LSAT score on your application, so without that information, your insistence on saying that you were a GRE applicant was very confusing.


As you stated, you cannot opt out of a reportable LSAT score. Thus, when i said i applied with my GRE, i assumed you could make some logical inferences. Guess not. My guess is you will be often confused in your future career as a lawyer.

Law 202x

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: GRE

Postby Law 202x » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 am

cyj43 wrote:As you stated, you cannot opt out of a reportable LSAT score. Thus, when i said i applied with my GRE, i assumed you could make some logical inferences. Guess not. My guess is you will be often confused in your future career as a lawyer.


Ha. I knew exactly what you meant when you made that post. If something could have been avoided, it would have been if he read it correctly the first time! Just so you know there was no ambiguity about what you stated.

AJordan

Bronze
Posts: 402
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:48 am

Re: GRE

Postby AJordan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 am

cyj43 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
cyj43 wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
cyj43 wrote:The OP wants to know what GRE scores got me into which schools. I applied with my GRE (not my LSAT) and got into T-14’s. Makes sense?


Sure, it does now. The point is when you include your LSAT information when nobody asked for it people are going to assume you submitted both LSAT and GRE. This is especially true considering the policy of most schools is that you have to submit both if you have both.

I'm curious, which T14 accepted the GRE in previous cycles? Or did you apply this cycle?


I specifically stated that I applied with my GRE. i can see why some would think i also applied with my LSAT. But based on OP’s post, my answer was simply answering a GRE applicant question.

This cycle. Doing this on my phone so, excuse the many edits.


This might have been solved by either not listing your LSAT or noting that it was an expired score. You can't opt out of including a reportable LSAT score on your application, so without that information, your insistence on saying that you were a GRE applicant was very confusing.


As you stated, you cannot opt out of a reportable LSAT score. Thus, when i said i applied with my GRE, i assumed you could make some logical inferences. Guess not. My guess is you will be often confused in your future career as a lawyer.


I'm now convinced this is some sort of elaborate level
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

lobsicle

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: GRE

Postby lobsicle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:58 pm

cyj43 wrote:As you stated, you cannot opt out of a reportable LSAT score. Thus, when i said i applied with my GRE, i assumed you could make some logical inferences. Guess not. My guess is you will be often confused in your future career as a lawyer.


And because attorneys are not expected to write clearly and are expected to add superfluous notes, you would flourish.

lobsicle

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: GRE

Postby lobsicle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Law 202x wrote:
cyj43 wrote:As you stated, you cannot opt out of a reportable LSAT score. Thus, when i said i applied with my GRE, i assumed you could make some logical inferences. Guess not. My guess is you will be often confused in your future career as a lawyer.


Ha. I knew exactly what you meant when you made that post. If something could have been avoided, it would have been if he read it correctly the first time! Just so you know there was no ambiguity about what you stated.


Going by account creation date, Law 202x is an obvious alt of cyj43

Law 202x

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: GRE

Postby Law 202x » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:36 am

lobsicle wrote:Going by account creation date, Law 202x is an obvious alt of cyj43


No. I've read these boards for years. Of course anyone who knows anything knows LSATs are reported. So if he is providing his LSAT score while claiming to have applied with the GRE, he could have only possibly taken the LSAT after he applied (or more than five years before he applied*). For what reason, who knows. Maybe he didn't get accepted, maybe he was accepted but declined. Maybe he left that year without enrolling at any campus and put it off into the next year when he decided the take LSAT. I don't know and it's not my concern.

*edit

lobsicle

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: GRE

Postby lobsicle » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Law 202x wrote:
lobsicle wrote:Going by account creation date, Law 202x is an obvious alt of cyj43


No. I've read these boards for years. Of course anyone who knows anything knows LSATs are reported. So if he is providing his LSAT score while claiming to have applied with the GRE, he could have only possibly taken the LSAT after he applied (or more than five years before he applied*). For what reason, who knows. Maybe he didn't get accepted, maybe he was accepted but declined. Maybe he left that year without enrolling at any campus and put it off into the next year when he decided the take LSAT. I don't know and it's not my concern.

*edit


Ok

dan999d999

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:20 am

Re: GRE

Postby dan999d999 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Does anyone have an educated guess or other reliable information as to how much weight is placed on a prior LSAT score (taken within past 5 years) vs. a recent GRE score in applying to mid tier schools? LSAT score not as good on comparative basis as recent GRE.

Thanks in advance

icechicken

Bronze
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: GRE

Postby icechicken » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 am

dan999d999 wrote:Does anyone have an educated guess or other reliable information as to how much weight is placed on a prior LSAT score (taken within past 5 years) vs. a recent GRE score in applying to mid tier schools? LSAT score not as good on comparative basis as recent GRE.

Thanks in advance


As things stand now, any school you matriculate to would have to report that LSAT to the ABA, which hurts their rankings performance. If your application is otherwise "good enough" for a given school, I (speculating now) don't think a sub-median LSAT would be fatal, but it's definitely a material problem.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests