Do law students typically live on campus? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Lawgiver1981

New

Do law students typically live on campus?

Post by Lawgiver1981 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 pm

What’s the typical living situation of a law student? Do they live on or off campus?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Do law students typically live on campus?

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:53 pm

generally off campus. Its a rarity that a school even offers on campus housing to law students.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:24 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:generally off campus. Its a rarity that a school even offers on campus housing to law students.

I feel like many schools offer on-campus or some type of housing for law students? Is it that rare? It could very well be just the schools I'm looking at offer housing.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:generally off campus. Its a rarity that a school even offers on campus housing to law students.

I feel like many schools offer on-campus or some type of housing for law students? Is it that rare? It could very well be just the schools I'm looking at offer housing.
Its probably pretty rare, but I do know that Columbia, NYU, and Georgetown do. But a good chunk of the t13 does not.

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:19 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

Its probably pretty rare, but I do know that Columbia, NYU, and Georgetown do. But a good chunk of the t13 does not.
Michigan has a pretty big housing program as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

That makes sense C, NYU, and GT are like 3 of my top choices, lmao. I had no idea so many didn't offer any housing! I dread having to look for housing in a new city ... :(
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

That makes sense C, NYU, and GT are like 3 of my top choices, lmao. I had no idea so many didn't offer any housing! I dread having to look for housing in a new city ... :(
Just fyi, the GT housing can hold like 1/5 of the class and its extremely expensive. I know Columbia subsidizes housing much more though.

SolemnMan

New

Post by SolemnMan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 pm

I believe Columbia guarantees housing and is probably the only T14 to do so.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:14 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

Just fyi, the GT housing can hold like 1/5 of the class and its extremely expensive. I know Columbia subsidizes housing much more though.
I saw how expensive it was just now... holy smokes! Do the spots fill up quickly?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:

I saw how expensive it was just now... holy smokes! Do the spots fill up quickly?
I mean small sample size, but the 2 people I know who tried to get it didn't get it, and are happier that they didn't. They pay less for a better apartment.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Barack O'Drama » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Post removed...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”