Question Regarding Summer Internship Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
legallyblonde97

New

Question Regarding Summer Internship

Post by legallyblonde97 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:55 pm

This summer I have a SA internship at a BB investment bank. I am really excited because I find the industry fascinating and think it will be a better/ more maturing experience for me than answering phones at my local senator's office. However, I just read online (which obviously is not a full proof source,) that it isn't great to have internships in other fields because it shows lack of direction. I think I want to go into M&A and corporate law so for me working in this industry makes sense since I will develop some background on the company that I would eventually be working for, however, will law schools look at this and think I am just applying to law school at a whim rather than a true desire to go? I didn't really think about this until reading this article. Also, as of right now I do not plan to take a year off, so I think it is important that I have some real world experience in an office and in living alone just for myself as a person. Should I try to find a more legal based internship instead?

cavalier1138

Re: Question Regarding Summer Internship

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Won't affect things in the slightest. And an investment bank isn't exactly another field from corporate law...

Return to “Ask a Law Student”