Application Question Regarding Completion Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawrensa

New

Application Question Regarding Completion

Post by lawrensa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 am

Is it important to fill out ever single part on the application? Even the ones that would not apply to me? How important are the "Optional" essays that some applications offer?

Thank you! :)

cavalier1138

Re: Application Question Regarding Completion

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 am

If the application section/essay is optional, then I don't see why you're asking this question.

rebelynn

New

Post by rebelynn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:48 pm

It depends on the optional essay! There are diversity statement ones, one where you can explain criminal record, etc. For those ones, if they don't apply to you, you don't have to do them.

However, I've seen some optional essays (ie Duke) that have "Why law school/Why Duke?" question. For any like that, I would say you should definitely do them, even if it says "optional." It's your chance to explain why you would choose them over any other school. Hope that helps!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 pm

If a section doesn't apply to you then just put down that it doesn't (i.e. the military section while being someone not in any way associated with the military)

Optional essays are optional, you don't have to do them but if a school really interests you and you have good reasons for going there, it could help to write one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”