Employment Questions on App Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Platopus

Gold

Employment Questions on App

Post by Platopus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Employment Questions on App

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:23 pm

If it's something within the last 10 years (I believe that's the cutoff for the bar), then it can be important down the line. It's totally irrelevant now, but the employment list you submit to schools is going to be the basis for your bar C&F stuff on employment history.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Platopus wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:If it's something within the last 10 years (I believe that's the cutoff for the bar), then it can be important down the line. It's totally irrelevant now, but the employment list you submit to schools is going to be the basis for your bar C&F stuff on employment history.
Sorry, but does this mean I need to dig through all my old records and make sure I have my start/end dates 100% correct?

I worry because I'm almost certain I won't be able to find documentation of my start/end dates for some of my jobs. I have a rough idea of when I started and ended each job, but I'm far from certain.
You probably don't need to be exact down to the day, but you should have the month and year correct. Of course, if you can be 100% accurate, better to take care of that now.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm

You need to provide dates for the bar, and it's not going to be any easier to find documentation 3 years from now than it is now. So if you can track down the documentation you might as well do it now, so the dates you give on your apps will be accurate and match your bar app. If you can't track down the documentation now you won't be able to find it for the bar, so just give your best estimate and when you fill out the bar app give the same dates. (If your bar app asks for actual documentation of the dates - which I don't know that it will, mine didn't - you can just explain that you don't have access to the documents. But keep in mind that you will need to provide dates and contact info and supervisors etc, the best that you can, so you might save yourself some work down the road tracking everything down now.)

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”