Splitter applying with December lsat Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
dwighthoward786

New

Splitter applying with December lsat

Post by dwighthoward786 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:15 pm

So my uGPA is around 2.9-3.0. I have been studying for my lsat and have been getting around 165-168. My lsat is set for December 2nd. I know with more practice i can hopefully pull a high 160 or low 170 on the actual test. With that being said, will i be at a disadvantage writing the December lsat as a splitter? I am from st Louis so i do prefer wustl and u know wustl loves high lsat.
Thank you

URMSenator52

New

Re: Splitter applying with December lsat

Post by URMSenator52 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:51 pm

dwighthoward786 wrote:So my uGPA is around 2.9-3.0. I have been studying for my lsat and have been getting around 165-168. My lsat is set for December 2nd. I know with more practice i can hopefully pull a high 160 or low 170 on the actual test. With that being said, will i be at a disadvantage writing the December lsat as a splitter? I am from st Louis so i do prefer wustl and u know wustl loves high lsat.
Thank you
You only have one take for this cycle. December is late in the game.. WUSTL with your predicted scores should be 167-172 with ED... Since you know splitter. And the reach with the school,being your 1st choice. No ED= less chance but more $$$. For a >75 percentile LSAT..

http://washu.lawschoolnumbers.com/

cavalier1138

Re: Splitter applying with December lsat

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 pm

URMSenator52 wrote:
dwighthoward786 wrote:So my uGPA is around 2.9-3.0. I have been studying for my lsat and have been getting around 165-168. My lsat is set for December 2nd. I know with more practice i can hopefully pull a high 160 or low 170 on the actual test. With that being said, will i be at a disadvantage writing the December lsat as a splitter? I am from st Louis so i do prefer wustl and u know wustl loves high lsat.
Thank you
You only have one take for this cycle. December is late in the game.. WUSTL with your predicted scores should be 167-172 with ED... Since you know splitter. And the reach with the school,being your 1st choice. No ED= less chance but more $$$. For a >75 percentile LSAT..

http://washu.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Since most of that was gibberish...

OP: yes, you will be applying late with the December LSAT as a splitter (assuming your score makes you a splitter). That doesn't mean that you shouldn't apply, but it does mean that you should reapply at the top of next cycle if you don't get a decent outcome.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”