How do I find out when the application opens for each school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
daiff

New

How do I find out when the application opens for each school?

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 am

Probably a silly questions.

I decide to apply as early as possible this upcoming cycle. So I am think about submitting when the application opens for every school.

It probably too early and the new application for this cycle hasn't show up on LSAC. The several school websites I check don't mention when the application begins either.

How do I find out when the application opens for each school?

daiff

New

Re: How do I find out when the application opens for each school?

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 am

A follow up question.

I applied last cycle so my transcript and LORs are still on LSAC. I assume they won't be gone when the cycle starts?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 am

It's been awhile since I applied, but from what I remember, most applications will appear sometime in August with a date they go live, and then most tend to go live around September 1st-15th (again, my memory is a bit hazy on this, but it sounds right in my mind). I'm not aware of a centralized source where schools declare the date apps open other than on LSAC.

And all of your materials will be in your CAS file for as long as you have it. For instance, I applied four years apart and everything I did the first time around was still there four years later.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:46 am

We've done a calendar in years past and I'll try to get one up on the next week or so. Suffice to say nothing is opening up for awhile.

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 am

UVA2B wrote:It's been awhile since I applied, but from what I remember, most applications will appear sometime in August with a date they go live, and then most tend to go live around September 1st-15th (again, my memory is a bit hazy on this, but it sounds right in my mind). I'm not aware of a centralized source where schools declare the date apps open other than on LSAC.

And all of your materials will be in your CAS file for as long as you have it. For instance, I applied four years apart and everything I did the first time around was still there four years later.

Thank you soooo much and its really helpful. I am trying to find out a deadline for myself. And I am really glad LSAC doesn't make us to beg for LORs again. :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:55 am

MikeSpivey wrote:We've done a calendar in years past and I'll try to get one up on the next week or so. Suffice to say nothing is opening up for awhile.

Really appreciate all you've done :lol: :lol:

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”