Yale Law School and Dean Asha Rangappa: Admission Solicitation Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Bulla

Bronze

Yale Law School and Dean Asha Rangappa: Admission Solicitation

Post by Bulla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 pm

So how many of you received this soliciting email ?
Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Our search for prospective students leads us to write to you. Your name and contact information was made available to us through the Candidate Referral Service (CRS) sponsored by the Law School Admission Council. We ask the CRS to give us information for all prospective applicants from your school so that we may contact them about upcoming Yale Law School events.

Please join the Yale Law School Admissions Office for a video webinar with other prospective law school applicants from Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Craig Janecek, Director of Admissions, will be on hand to answer your questions about legal education, the application process, and life at Yale Law School.

Join us on:

[removed]

Advance registration is required. To register for this event, please visit: [removed].

This event is open to current students, alumni, and staff of Chicago, Northwestern, UIC and UIUC. No special computer hardware or software is required to attend the webinar—just a modern web browser and a recent version of the Adobe Flash or Adobe Connect plug-ins. After you register, you will be sent a link through which you can test your computer and Internet connection prior to the event. If you are not able to join us at the above date and time, this webinar will be recorded and made available to individuals who registered for the event.

We look forward to talking with you!

-Yale Law School Admissions Office

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Yale Law School and Dean Asha Admission Solicitation

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I could have sworn you just told us in another thread that you've already finished 2l

Bulla

Bronze

Re: Yale Law School and Dean Asha Rangappa: Admission Solicitation

Post by Bulla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I have no idea why they emailed me. May be they are hunting for prospective transfer out students as well ?

FYI Dean Asha does lurk TLS. She believes we have a lot of free time on TLS and not enough time grinding the application.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Bulla wrote:I have no idea why they emailed me. May be they are hunting for prospective transfer out students as well ?

FYI Dean Asha does lurk TLS. She believes we have a lot of free time on TLS and not enough time grinding the application.
Ahh yes, the old Yale 3L transfer process. Apps must be down what with Dean Asha lurking while cackling sinisterly.

Bulla

Bronze

Post by Bulla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:27 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Bulla wrote:I have no idea why they emailed me. May be they are hunting for prospective transfer out students as well ?

Ahh yes, the old Yale 3L transfer process. Apps must be down what with Dean Asha lurking while cackling sinisterly.
And I know they won't accept my awesome 3.68 GPA (2L). I wouldn't go to Yale. I am not that crazy.
Last edited by Bulla on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 pm

You're just being lazy now. If you're going to lie, keep your stories straight.

Bulla

Bronze

Post by Bulla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm

You're jealous cavalier. You're not going to hijack all my threads are you ? Chill.

This is about soliciting emails. And T14 law schools keep doing it.
Last edited by Bulla on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

A+ trolling. Would read again.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Bulla wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

And I know they won't accept my awesome 3.68 GPA (2L). I wouldn't got to Yale. I am not that crazy.
I'm sure Yale is heartbroken that you won't consider transferring into their non-existent 3L transfer class. Maybe Dean Rodriguez will consider you as a 3L transfer? I hear he cares A TON about diversity.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bulla

Bronze

Post by Bulla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:33 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Bulla wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

And I know they won't accept my awesome 3.68 GPA (2L). I wouldn't got to Yale. I am not that crazy.
I'm sure Yale is heartbroken that you won't consider transferring into their non-existent 3L transfer class. Maybe Dean Rodriguez will consider you as a 3L transfer? I hear he cares A TON about diversity.
But what if i don't want to leave my friends to meet a new community just for 1 more year ? I will consider MSL though

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Bulla wrote: grinding the application.
TLS gone wild

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 pm

You're probably getting banned soon, so please don't leave me hanging. What's your actual situation?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Bulla wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Bulla wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

But what if i don't want to leave my friends to meet a new community just for 1 more year ? I will consider MSL though
You are a bright, shining supernova of inanity in the TLS universe. Your time here will probably be fleeting, but you shone brightly while you lasted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lucretius_

New

Post by lucretius_ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Sup, Bulla? How's Boston?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Are you going to go school by school and call out each dean for perceived slights?

Schools solicit people to apply all the time. I don't see the purpose of this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Ask a Law Student”