Will I have an issue passing the bar C&F? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Will I have an issue passing the bar C&F?

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:01 pm

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Will I have an issue passing the bar C&F?

Post by UVA2B » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Dear Lord, no it won't be a problem.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:01 pm

UVA2B wrote:Dear Lord, no it won't be a problem.
Thank you! I am feeling that 0L anxiety over every little thing at this point lol

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Lol. Yeah I could even tell you no on this one. I thought it was a little bit more similar to my case. Would having a misdemeanor conviction which I will get (if approved) a pardon for and multiple drug charges as a juvenile have any issues? I know they will not go unaddressed, what about the juvenile ones? That one can't possibly be brought up, can it?

In addition, the whole case I got convicted on was frivolous! (I know I am now story-telling but bare with me) The judge had it out for me from the start. (They all say that). I was calming my wife down who suffers from bipolar/borderline personality & a former acquaintance/neighbor of mine (a female) before I met my wife called the police. I wasn't there when the police came nor was I aware of them showing up & she wrote a bunch of fake allegations in the police report. Because I wasn't there to answer, I had to go to court with my wife with me where she was going to tell the truth, but they took it as her showing up as a witness & didn't even let her speak.

If I knew what I knew now I would not have taken their plea, I pretty much didn't even have a say in it. I would have represented myself (which btw I had money to pay for a lawyer but I had faith in the system, I was 18). At trial (if it went that far) I would have cross-examined the witness and she would not lie under oath. If I would have hired my lawyer the case would have been dropped right away. There was multiple screw ups in this case that I will not get into.

Three years later, I started college and made the president's list all semesters. So you know where my GPA stands. I have completed three years so far.
I'm not going to say all the good I have done that me being granted a pardon sits on, but should I even be worried about this, especially after I graduate LS?

How about law schools, what will they think of this? I am not going to write in my PS a cliche story of how this situation made me want to become a lawyer, nor is it the reason why I do.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Fucked up if true

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:32 am

No need to lie. On top of that they drug tested me for arresting me in court for "intimidating a witness" by handing my wife her phone, (who shared households and car with me at the time). Then they said my drug test came up positive for meth, when it fact it was something totally different but the bailiff can't read a drug test. (Nor did my PD check, she only mentioned I have a prescription and the Judge said not for meth he doesn't). So they reprimanded me because of that saying I can't take a plea high on meth when I haven't ever done meth. My PD didn't even inform me that my plea will have immigration consequences, even though it didn't, that's irrelevant. That's an easy way to get all of this overturned but at this point i'm just saying it is what it is. At least I got to see how jail was until I took the plea, then convicted when I came back next court date. Then I really saw how it was. Everything happens for a reason right. I just wish I knew what I know now then so I could've stuck it that TTT-having Judge.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 am

future liT1g4tor wrote: I'm not going to say all the good I have done that me being granted a pardon sits on, but should I even be worried about this, especially after I graduate LS?
Yes. It won't necessarily stop you from passing C&F, but you're going to have to deal with some extra scrutiny. The fact that you were "arrested for intimidating a witness" is going to be particularly troublesome.

I suggest consulting with a C&F lawyer in the state in which you want to practice before you apply to law school.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:28 am

rpupkin wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote: I'm not going to say all the good I have done that me being granted a pardon sits on, but should I even be worried about this, especially after I graduate LS?
Yes. It won't necessarily stop you from passing C&F, but you're going to have to deal with some extra scrutiny. The fact that you were "arrested for intimidating a witness" is going to be particularly troublesome.

I suggest consulting with a C&F lawyer in the state in which you want to practice before you apply to law school.
I was not arrested for intimidating a witness, I was detained. That was their pc for getting me arrested under my actual charge of D/V. I never dealt with an officer in this whole ordeal, just the courts. My paperwork mentions nothing of this except that I was arrested in court on the charge via pc of my neighbor's statement.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 am

future liT1g4tor wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

I was not arrested for intimidating a witness, I was detained.
I thought you were arrested for intimidating a witness because you wrote that you were in arrested in court for intimidating a witness.

This raises another issue: you don't write clearly; your description of your problems is a mess. This is all the more reason to seek the assistance of an attorney before applying to law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:31 am

Yeah, even though your problems are clearly much more interesting than the OP's issues, I have no idea what actually happened. What was your actual conviction for?

Also (because your avatar is hard to forget), a series of arrests/convictions may not raise flags with the bar, but they will certainly raise flags with any prosecutor's office.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 am

That was a refreshing infusion of confusing trolling into this thread. It was too boring before Biglaw Jesus showed up.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:57 pm

rpupkin wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

I was not arrested for intimidating a witness, I was detained.
I thought you were arrested for intimidating a witness because you wrote that you were in arrested in court for intimidating a witness.

This raises another issue: you don't write clearly; your description of your problems is a mess. This is all the more reason to seek the assistance of an attorney before applying to law school.
Sorry I wrote it fast and on my phone. I would have to write a book to tell the whole story. I will sum it up as short as I can.

Oct. - slanderous police report stating multiple allegations.

Feb. I arrive to court with my wife & sit side by side in the courtroom. My PD pulls me out & tells me talking to my wife will have potential consequences. She had left her phone in the car so I go back up to her to ask for the phone to make a call. As I am on the phone in the smoking section five officers arrive and "detain" me for "intimidating a witness". Then one pulls me aside for a drug test. The judge reprimanded me and the arrest showed up as my actual charge, being DV.

June. I go to court and wait for hours only to be informed that I am now being convicted on my misdemeanor DV (not a crime of moral turpitude). Spent 43 days in county.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:06 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Yeah, even though your problems are clearly much more interesting than the OP's issues, I have no idea what actually happened. What was your actual conviction for?

Also (because your avatar is hard to forget), a series of arrests/convictions may not raise flags with the bar, but they will certainly raise flags with any prosecutor's office.
That is one of the main reasons why I have such a lame avatar. I tried to sum it up in the previous post & yes I am aware of that with regard to prosecutorial work. The only reason I wanted to be an ADA is to see how the other side operates in conjunction with seeing defense attorneys in action. For like a year or two. Can having strong ties in the DA's office overlook such a thing?

How about in regard to a clerkship?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:45 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:Sorry I wrote it fast and on my phone. I would have to write a book to tell the whole story. I will sum it up as short as I can.

Oct. - slanderous police report stating multiple allegations.

Feb. I arrive to court with my wife & sit side by side in the courtroom. My PD pulls me out & tells me talking to my wife will have potential consequences. She had left her phone in the car so I go back up to her to ask for the phone to make a call. As I am on the phone in the smoking section five officers arrive and "detain" me for "intimidating a witness". Then one pulls me aside for a drug test. The judge reprimanded me and the arrest showed up as my actual charge, being DV.

June. I go to court and wait for hours only to be informed that I am now being convicted on my misdemeanor DV (not a crime of moral turpitude). Spent 43 days in county.
rpupkin wrote: This raises another issue: you don't write clearly; your description of your problems is a mess. This is all the more reason to seek the assistance of an attorney before applying to law school.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:06 pm

rpupkin wrote: This raises another issue: you don't write clearly; your description of your problems is a mess. This is all the more reason to seek the assistance of an attorney before applying to law school.
Let's not fixate on the median, let's look at the message. In this case the answers I am seeking. And yes that's a Slipping Jimmy quote.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:02 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote: Let's not fixate on the median, let's look at the message.
nah

Barrred

Bronze

Post by Barrred » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 pm

You've got serious issues dude.

As an example of your inability to express yourself clearly in writing:
future liT1g4tor wrote: [My wife] had left her phone in the car so I go back up to her to ask for the phone to make a call.
Why were you asking your wife for her phone, if she had left her phone in the car?

As an example of your inability to follow directions/anticipate the potential consequences of your actions:
future liT1g4tor wrote: My PD pulls me out & tells me talking to my wife will have potential consequences . . . so I go back up to her to [talk to her].

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:31 pm

I love that we're now multiple posts into this thread without our "future litigator" actually specifying what his conviction was for.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:40 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I love that we're now multiple posts into this thread without our "future litigator" actually specifying what his conviction was for.
Because there is no conviction. Calling troll on this one.

Barrred

Bronze

Post by Barrred » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Pozzo wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I love that we're now multiple posts into this thread without our "future litigator" actually specifying what his conviction was for.
Probably true. In the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p9738151) he said he was "never convicted" of anything, but here he seems to admit he was convicted of domestic violence.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
Let's not fixate on the median, let's look at the message. In this case the answers I am seeking. And yes that's a Slipping Jimmy quote.
The answer is that you need to consult with a C&F attorney. Your inability to express yourself clearly is one reason you should do so, but it is not the only (or main) reason.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:31 am

Barrred wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Probably true. In the other thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p9738151) he said he was "never convicted" of anything, but here he seems to admit he was convicted of domestic violence.
We were talking about crimes of moral turpitude & gang-related convictions.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:38 am

Pozzo wrote:
Can you guys not read? Or do you just choose not to? In those "multiple posts" I have stated that my conviction was for D/V.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:48 am

future liT1g4tor wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
Can you guys not read? Or do you just choose not to? In those "multiple posts" I have stated that my conviction was for D/V.
Not a single person on this forum can read. This is a forum for illiterate simpletons who fail to understand perfectly coherent tales of domestic violence, witness intimidation, and bumbling PDs who should really defer to you in all matters. You should probably be a bit more sensitive in the future.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:51 am

rpupkin wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
The answer is that you need to consult with a C&F attorney. Your inability to express yourself clearly is one reason you should do so, but it is not the only (or main) reason.
I got that part I was mainly referring to cavalier's or w/e his name is post where he is referring to prosecutorial work. And I asked about a clerkship? What consequences will this bare on me in regard to clerking? How about law schools? How will they look upon this conviction? And now don't tell me to go talk to an Education Law attorney. :shock: :oops: (now that last sentence is trolling, I don't troll).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”