In state vs Out state tuition Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Shangrilala

New

In state vs Out state tuition

Post by Shangrilala » Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 am

Hi,

I'm not a citizen of Washington state, but I lived there for 5 yrs and graduated from undergrad there.
Would I be counted as in state student or out state tuition?

cavalier1138

Re: In state vs Out state tuition

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:24 am

Where do you currently live? Where is your bank account? Where are you registered to vote?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Thu May 18, 2017 11:35 am

Are you trying to go to U of Washington? I think different schools might have different standards and policies on this.

For example, there's some law school in Cincinnati that offers in-state tuition to students who live in a couple of Kentucky counties across the river.

Not sure if having a bank account or being registered to vote moves the needle at all in this, but if you've been working for a certain length of time without being a student, that might.

But check the policies of the school you wish to attend.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 pm

What does it mean to have a bank account in a certain state? I keep asking my bank (BOA) to change my "home bank" to a Washington branch, but they look at me like I'm crazy and then tell me that everything is done online nowadays.

I opened my account at a California branch, but my address has been updated to reflect that I live in Washington. Is there anything else I need to do for purposes of residency classification?

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:What does it mean to have a bank account in a certain state? I keep asking my bank (BOA) to change my "home bank" to a Washington branch, but they look at me like I'm crazy and then tell me that everything is done online nowadays.

I opened my account at a California branch, but my address has been updated to reflect that I live in Washington. Is there anything else I need to do for purposes of residency classification?
https://registrar.washington.edu/studen ... uirements/
Establish a bank account in Washington: Existing bank accounts prior to arriving in Washington is sufficient as long as one’s name and Washington address is associated with the account and documented.
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Post by TakeItToTrial » Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 pm

blueapple wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:What does it mean to have a bank account in a certain state? I keep asking my bank (BOA) to change my "home bank" to a Washington branch, but they look at me like I'm crazy and then tell me that everything is done online nowadays.

https://registrar.washington.edu/studen ... uirements/
Establish a bank account in Washington: Existing bank accounts prior to arriving in Washington is sufficient as long as one’s name and Washington address is associated with the account and documented.
Thanks. Must have missed that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”