Traveling/trips during law school breaks Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Traveling/trips during law school breaks

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:44 pm

This question is mainly geared towards current students and grads.

Given that law school breaks are generally pretty busy, is there still time to book trips and outings? I'm sure there is during summer, but in this case I'm wondering about 1L Winter Break. I know that that's when the job search officially begins, and is going to be pretty hectic because of it. But I'm thinking of taking a trip for a week to kind of unwind and recharge. While I suspect it's doable, when would be the best time generally to leave during break? Later on, once job apps have been submitted? Right at the beginning of break? Would appreciate any advice and feedback about this.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Traveling/trips during law school breaks

Post by Dcc617 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:This question is mainly geared towards current students and grads.

Given that law school breaks are generally pretty busy, is there still time to book trips and outings? I'm sure there is during summer, but in this case I'm wondering about 1L Winter Break. I know that that's when the job search officially begins, and is going to be pretty hectic because of it. But I'm thinking of taking a trip for a week to kind of unwind and recharge. While I suspect it's doable, when would be the best time generally to leave during break? Later on, once job apps have been submitted? Right at the beginning of break? Would appreciate any advice and feedback about this.
Just go whenever. Take vacations like a normal person. You're overthinking this.

Mrocky2

New

Post by Mrocky2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Dcc617 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:This question is mainly geared towards current students and grads.

Just go whenever. Take vacations like a normal person. You're overthinking this.
Definitely true, but Not the most helpful... Most people who haven't sent apps in on the 1st of Dec wait until after finals which should end at least a couple of days before Christmas. If you're burned out right after exams then after Christmas people start sending in apps and try to finish before the new year. It's super tedious, but if you're diligent this can be completed in a day or 2. So best case scenario take a trip the day after christmas (or during). Worst case go on the 28th or something and you're set. FYI some firm jobs start to interview in the middle of January sometimes a week before break is over so keep that in mind (they're amenable to waiting until you're back though). Otherwise enjoy!

AnMzungu

Bronze

Post by AnMzungu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Agree with Mrocky2. I put off doing everything but preparing my resume until after exams. Banged everything out in a couple days, including a couple dozen phone calls.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks all for indulging one last case of 0L anxiety. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”