T13 Full Ride v. HYS WL? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Piglet

New

T13 Full Ride v. HYS WL?

Post by Piglet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi folks -- I've narrowed down my options to the following scenario:

I've been offered a full-tuition scholarship at a T13 school and the only thing that would prevent me from going to that school at this point is if I get off of the WL at one of HYS with substantial aid (which I may indeed qualify for). Instead of the normal tuition deposit forms, I must email the dean of admissions with my intent to enroll and the deadline is approaching quickly.

My question is: what should one say to the school offering the full-ride offer? Is it better to just be upfront and ask for an extension on the enrollment decision until I've heard back from the HYS WL (which I know could take me right up until the first day of classes), or do I just send my intent to enroll now, and back out when/if I get off the WL?

Po$eidon

Bronze

Re: T13 Full Ride v. HYS WL?

Post by Po$eidon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 pm

If it's a true T13 you are allowed to ride any waitlists as long as you'd like. You are never bound to withdraw from waitlists. So say yes to the full ride and then adjust if you feel like it when and if you get off of a waitlist
Last edited by Po$eidon on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Option 2. It's the normal practice. Every school expects students who will do it.

Piglet

New

Post by Piglet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Po$eidon wrote:If it's a true T13 you are allowed to ride any waitlists as long as you'd like. You are never bound to withdraw from waitlists. So say yes to the full ride and then adjust if you feel like it when and if you get off of a waitlist
poptart123 wrote:Option 2. It's the normal practice. Every school expects students who will do it.
Gracias, amigos.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”