ITT: Get help making irresponsible financial decisions on planners and bags Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
brinicolec

Gold

Re: Good TOTE for LS?

Post by brinicolec » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:09 am

Stephylynette wrote:
CatherineZetaScarn1 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
eck456 wrote:Ok, you've convinced me. Doing it too!
The black OG is back in stock!! Got mine within ten minutes of getting the email. Remember ladies, always make reckless financial decisions before you have time to really think about it
This is exactly how I live my life. Plus I'm an emotional shopper on top of being impulsive. I paid my seat deposit and got so stressed I bought three pairs of shoes and almost bought this purse on top of it. :oops:
Lmao girl same!!! I bought a coffee table and a pair of heels immediately after putting down my deposit. I have no logical reason why
I've been buying wigs, makeup, and face cleansing products.

I also bought a Plum Paper planner for LS... but in my defense, I googled "best planners for LS" and it came up MULTIPLE times!!!!!!! lol.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:52 am

brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
The black OG is back in stock!! Got mine within ten minutes of getting the email. Remember ladies, always make reckless financial decisions before you have time to really think about it
This is exactly how I live my life. Plus I'm an emotional shopper on top of being impulsive. I paid my seat deposit and got so stressed I bought three pairs of shoes and almost bought this purse on top of it. :oops:
Lmao girl same!!! I bought a coffee table and a pair of heels immediately after putting down my deposit. I have no logical reason why

I also bought a Plum Paper planner for LS... but in my defense, I googled "best planners for LS" and it came up MULTIPLE times!!!!!!! lol.
Damn it Bri. Now I'm googling it. You're no good for my wallet

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:10 am

CatherineZetaScarn1 wrote:If the wait is too long--another more expensive but super organized tote is the Dagne Dover. I love it more than any purse I've ever had. It is beyond organized AND THERE IS A CUP HOLDER----A CUP HOLDER IN A PURSE. It is the most beautiful thing in the world. Y'all should check it out. If you wait for them to go on sale and out of season, they get down to like 150.
Okay, this tote looks absolutely amazing.

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am

brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

Which planner? They're all so cute!

CatherineZetaScarn1

New

Post by CatherineZetaScarn1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 am

Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

Damn it Bri. Now I'm googling it. You're no good for my wallet
Is it absolute nonsense to have two planners? Bought mine in January but now I'm thinking it might be better to have two...just in case. I have the Emily Ley but I was thinking about getting an Erin Condren to make it easier to tote around. Which layout did you get?

LSRAT wrote:
CatherineZetaScarn1 wrote:If the wait is too long--another more expensive but super organized tote is the Dagne Dover. I love it more than any purse I've ever had. It is beyond organized AND THERE IS A CUP HOLDER----A CUP HOLDER IN A PURSE. It is the most beautiful thing in the world. Y'all should check it out. If you wait for them to go on sale and out of season, they get down to like 150.
You should get it!! This is the thread to be on if you want encouragement to buying things. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:02 pm

LSRAT wrote:
You should get it!! This is the thread to be on if you want encouragement to buying things. :D
I think I will actually, haha. The only question is if it would be better to get the 13 inch one (since that's the size of my laptop anyway and I don't want to lug around a bigger bag if it's not necessary) or the 15 inch one (so that I can fit more books/random stuff in there). Any thoughts?

E: Just read some reviews and apparently even though the classic size is designed for a 13 inch laptop, it can get really crowded with one in there. Gonna go for the 15"!

CatherineZetaScarn1

New

Post by CatherineZetaScarn1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:32 pm

LSRAT wrote:
LSRAT wrote:
I think I will actually, haha. The only question is if it would be better to get the 13 inch one (since that's the size of my laptop anyway and I don't want to lug around a bigger bag if it's not necessary) or the 15 inch one (so that I can fit more books/random stuff in there). Any thoughts?

E: Just read some reviews and apparently even though the classic size is designed for a 13 inch laptop, it can get really crowded with one in there. Gonna go for the 15"!
I got the 15 initially but it was so big. I might buy it later on down the road but I wanted one I could also use for everyday so I went with the 13. It's been fine for me if I take the cup holder out, I usually carry some notebooks and a planner as well as all my other purse things. It does get a little crowded so for law school it might be better to get the bigger one. But fair warning, it is huge!!

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 pm

Got a Dagne Dover back in senior year of undergrad, fully intend on using it for law school. I love it.
LSRAT wrote:I think I will actually, haha. The only question is if it would be better to get the 13 inch one (since that's the size of my laptop anyway and I don't want to lug around a bigger bag if it's not necessary) or the 15 inch one (so that I can fit more books/random stuff in there). Any thoughts?

I have the 15" (bought mine before they released the newer models) and definitely recommend. It is big but IMO, not overly so (and I'm 5' 2" so sometimes bags look huge on me). The one downside is it's a heavier bag and gets heavy quickly when you put a lot of stuff in it. I don't mind though since I'd rather have a stylish tote than a lightweight backpack, it has a lot of space/organization, and mine has held up great so far.

I am desperately in search of a good planner now. Thinking of getting the Erin Condren lifeplanner...

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Leliana wrote:Got a Dagne Dover back in senior year of undergrad, fully intend on using it for law school. I love it.
LSRAT wrote:I think I will actually, haha. The only question is if it would be better to get the 13 inch one (since that's the size of my laptop anyway and I don't want to lug around a bigger bag if it's not necessary) or the 15 inch one (so that I can fit more books/random stuff in there). Any thoughts?

I have the 15" (bought mine before they released the newer models) and definitely recommend. It is big but IMO, not overly so (and I'm 5' 2" so sometimes bags look huge on me). The one downside is it's a heavier bag and gets heavy quickly when you put a lot of stuff in it. I don't mind though since I'd rather have a stylish tote than a lightweight backpack, it has a lot of space/organization, and mine has held up great so far.

I am desperately in search of a good planner now. Thinking of getting the Erin Condren lifeplanner...
Thanks for the input! I'm also 6'2" so it might be less of a problem for me, haha. And I've never actually used the Erin Condren, but I had the Emily Ley daily planner last year and loved it. I decided to try the Passion Planner after some good reviews of it and desperately miss my old one. It's a little larger but with my new tote, it shouldn't be a problem ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:27 pm

LSRAT wrote:
Leliana wrote:Got a Dagne Dover back in senior year of undergrad, fully intend on using it for law school. I love it.

Thanks for the input! I'm also 6'2" so it might be less of a problem for me, haha. And I've never actually used the Erin Condren, but I had the Emily Ley daily planner last year and loved it. I decided to try the Passion Planner after some good reviews of it and desperately miss my old one. It's a little larger but with my new tote, it shouldn't be a problem ;)
Ahaha, you will be fine then! Enjoy your DD tote :)

I got a Passion Planner as a gift but I haven't used it... I currently do a modified bullet journal in a Leuchtturm but I want something with premade templates for school. I'll check out the Emily Ley one! The Plum Paper planner that Bri mentioned actually looks really tempting too.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 pm

You guys I just want to buy alllll the things now!!

I want a cute tote so badly, but I tend to carry a ton of stuff with me at all times, and I don't want my shoulders and neck to be tense all the time from carrying something on one side of my body (according to my masseuse, I have upper-body-tension-issues :P).

I wish back packs could be cute and professional-looking.

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

airwrecka wrote:You guys I just want to buy alllll the things now!!

I want a cute tote so badly, but I tend to carry a ton of stuff with me at all times, and I don't want my shoulders and neck to be tense all the time from carrying something on one side of my body (according to my masseuse, I have upper-body-tension-issues :P).

If you have a few hundo to spare, Tumi makes some cute and professional-looking backpacks. my SO's mom got me one for Xmas and it is appropriately work-fancy but i LOVE how organized the interior is.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm

texcellence wrote:

If you have a few hundo to spare, Tumi makes some cute and professional-looking backpacks. my SO's mom got me one for Xmas and it is appropriately work-fancy but i LOVE how organized the interior is.
ughhh the first one I saw that I liked is almost $950. *when you start to reconsider public service jobs thinking about that big law $$$$* (jk)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:21 pm

thehours wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

Which planner? They're all so cute!
I did custom with the cover that's like shades of blue and green and added a quote to it. Has 16 months in it, starting in May and ending in August of next year. It's REALLY nice. Both sturdy and cute (as it should be since it is NOT cheap lol).

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm

I have a jacked up back from cheerleading so I actually prefer to bear all the weight on my shoulders lol.

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Reading reviews and I think I'm sold on a Plum Paper planner. Thanks bri :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 am

Has anyone used the LV GM Neverfull? It seems to last quite a bit, or, at least, LV claims so.

If you want to get the Longchamp bag, which I have used for the last two years of undergrad, you will most definitely wear out the handles with your binders & LS books. You will end up ruining the bag within 2-3 years, and the thin straps really dig into your shoulders. But they are cute, and I don't regret getting them in general.

But, first, I need to get off one of that 10 waitlists in the T13.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:09 am

Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Thanks for the comments! I ended up getting the Lo & Sons OG bag - before seeing these comments lol - (still waiting for it to be delivered, should be here in a day or two) because my birthday's coming up anyway/I'm the first (and only) person in the family heading to LS so my mom offered to pay for it.
What color did you get?? I really want the black one but there's a waitlist for it :roll:
I wanted to get this, and then I realized that there is waitlist for this. I am already on ten others, so I closed the webpage with a passionate click.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:28 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Thanks for the comments! I ended up getting the Lo & Sons OG bag - before seeing these comments lol - (still waiting for it to be delivered, should be here in a day or two) because my birthday's coming up anyway/I'm the first (and only) person in the family heading to LS so my mom offered to pay for it.
What color did you get?? I really want the black one but there's a waitlist for it :roll:
I wanted to get this, and then I realized that there is waitlist for this. I am already on ten others, so I closed the webpage with a passionate click.
They came back in stock this week!!! Go get one girl!!

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 am

melmelcoolj wrote:Has anyone used the LV GM Neverfull? It seems to last quite a bit, or, at least, LV claims so.

If you want to get the Longchamp bag, which I have used for the last two years of undergrad, you will most definitely wear out the handles with your binders & LS books. You will end up ruining the bag within 2-3 years, and the thin straps really dig into your shoulders. But they are cute, and I don't regret getting them in general.

I have a Neverfull. I don't doubt its durability, and it has a TON of room, but I don't like putting a lot of heavy stuff in it because the straps are thin and dig into my shoulder really badly when the bag is heavy. Would not recommend for carrying a load of books. I mostly use it as a large handbag or for clothes on overnight trips.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 am

my shopping list right now... is so... long... this isn't helping!

professional goals: https://www.toryburch.com/robinson-brie ... 29500.html :'(

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Leliana wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Has anyone used the LV GM Neverfull? It seems to last quite a bit, or, at least, LV claims so.

I have a Neverfull. I don't doubt its durability, and it has a TON of room, but I don't like putting a lot of heavy stuff in it because the straps are thin and dig into my shoulder really badly when the bag is heavy. Would not recommend for carrying a load of books. I mostly use it as a large handbag or for clothes on overnight trips.
Thanks for the input! I have heard that the shoulder straps would be very uncomfortable, even though the bag can hold a lot of stuff. I like the look of the bag though, but I probably don't need another weekender bag. I probably should just get a regular backpack for the health of my shoulders and spine.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
They came back in stock this week!!! Go get one girl!!
Which color did you end up getting for the interior!?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Leliana wrote:Reading reviews and I think I'm sold on a Plum Paper planner. Thanks bri :D
No problem! Lol. Also, I received mine in the mail the other day so if you want to see any pics of it or anything, lemme know.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”