Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer?

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 am

Hey guys! Just looking for some advice here. Someone is claiming they are going to report me to a law school I was admitted to for being "condescending" on facebook (I know it's ridiculously stupid). I'm not worried about it because having a differing opinion and being slightly "rude" (i'm talking, calling someone "darling" in a facebook debate) is not against any conduct code anywhere. I was just wondering if I, as someone who has been offered admission, but has not been accepted yet, would even have a chance to get in trouble by a school/ could they rescind my admission.

AnMzungu

Bronze

Re: Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer?

Post by AnMzungu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 am

This is hilarious. Haha, no. You have nothing to worry about. Law schools don't care about some random idiot not liking you.

Remember this moron and do pro bono for any person who has legal trouble with them in the future.

cavalier1138

Re: Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer?

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 am

No.

Caveat: If "condescending" is a euphemism for "I said really offensive shit on a public Facebook page," then that might be a cause for concern. But you aren't bound by the student code of conduct (which also doesn't forbid you from being rude to other people on Facebook).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 am

Locking because duplicate thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”