What's the procedure for withdrawing? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
yeezytaughtme

New

What's the procedure for withdrawing?

Post by yeezytaughtme » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 pm

So I'm in at my top-choice, UCI, and will be attending barring USC randomly gives me a full-ride or something.

Do I need to email all of the other schools I've been admitted to saying I'm withdrawing? Who do I send it to/what exactly do I say? And before you tell me I shouldn't withdraw for scholarship negotiation, UCI already gave me an ample scholarship and I have enough saved up to pay for the rest.

guynourmin

Gold

Re: What's the procedure for withdrawing?

Post by guynourmin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:35 pm

No harm in sending one negotiation e-mail, though, right? Anyway, if you want to withdraw you can really just send a 1-2 sentence e-mail saying you appreciate their consideration but wish to withdraw your application. They'll follow up and ask you why (in some detail, maybe with a survey link) even if you tell them why in your original e-mail, so no real reason to do anything other than just withdraw.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 pm

When you say "ample", it sounds like you don't mean "full". So I have no idea why you wouldn't at least try negotiating with any offers that come in. You literally have nothing to lose.

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 pm

I'm confused...USC is a better school than UCI. Why would it take a full ride from USC to beat your "ample" UCI offer?

MrSam

Bronze

Post by MrSam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 am

Technically, you don't have to withdraw. However, it's a kind gesture to your fellow applicants and the admissions committee.

All you have to do is email the admissions office or a dean of admissions (the latter would be ideal). Let them know that you would like to withdraw your application.
I can't remember what exactly my email said, but it was something along the lines of, "Thanks for your consideration...accepted elsewhere...would like to withdraw...if there's a formal procedure, let me know..."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Bumping this. I've paid both deposits at a tier 2. Retook June LSAT and went from 160 to 171. What do now?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:Bumping this. I've paid both deposits at a tier 2. Retook June LSAT and went from 160 to 171. What do now?
Email and inform them that you will not be joining their incoming class. You've forfeited the deposits, but that's whatever. Congrats on the retake!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 pm

yeah, there's really no use at going to a T2 with a 171 unless you're married to a market for some reason AND they give you at least a full ride. Just piss that money away and make it rain with that 171 next cycle.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Bumping this. I've paid both deposits at a tier 2. Retook June LSAT and went from 160 to 171. What do now?
Email and inform them that you will not be joining their incoming class. You've forfeited the deposits, but that's whatever. Congrats on the retake!
AJordan wrote:yeah, there's really no use at going to a T2 with a 171 unless you're married to a market for some reason AND they give you at least a full ride. Just piss that money away and make it rain with that 171 next cycle.
Appreciate both, guess I'll write that tonight. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
AJordan wrote:yeah, there's really no use at going to a T2 with a 171 unless you're married to a market for some reason AND they give you at least a full ride. Just piss that money away and make it rain with that 171 next cycle.
How did you study for the 11 point bump???

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:20 am

it's allgood wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
How did you study for the 11 point bump???
7sage LG videos mostly. Did several PTs. Only studied for a month tbh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”