The Waiting Game Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Bcreid03

New

The Waiting Game

Post by Bcreid03 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm just curious about how soon should you begin checking your status checkers after you've applied? I submitted my applications about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to avoid the overly impulsive status checking and constantly refreshing my email.

TierForceOne

New

Re: The Waiting Game

Post by TierForceOne » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Bcreid03 wrote:I'm just curious about how soon should you begin checking your status checkers after you've applied? I submitted my applications about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to avoid the overly impulsive status checking and constantly refreshing my email.
If I remember right, I didn't hear back from my first school until February.

You can go to lawschoolnumbers .com, there are self-reported dates when people applied, and when they got acceptances. It varies.

For one school (UT Austin) which I believe I was close to getting in, it was May before I found out, and I applied in early December.

Cheers.

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:54 am

Bcreid03 wrote:I'm just curious about how soon should you begin checking your status checkers after you've applied? I submitted my applications about 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to avoid the overly impulsive status checking and constantly refreshing my email.
Every day, every hour, every second, from the moment you submit your apps to the day you receive your last decision.

#embracetheneuroticism

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:23 am

I think most schools send emails letting you know that something's changed with your application. They received, it's completed, it's ready for review, etc. I would say sign in once every few days but definitely check your inbox at some time every day.

Babe-Loblaw

New

Post by Babe-Loblaw » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I submitted everything on the 6th and was pretty steadfast about not checking anything until January. Then I heard back from Vandy on the 16th. Now I'm a crazy person, and now so are you. Happy holidays!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fantasyfreak294

New

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:18 pm

The soonest I heard back from a school was within 10 days of applying. Other schools have said they will begin releasing decisions in January (any time up until April or so).

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:31 pm

It is killing me. Although I got into one of my top choices, I'm waiting to hear back from so many other schools. 12 to be exact lol.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Join the applicant threads for each school. People in there will alert you when movement is happening,

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”