Which are the friendliest law schools? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
cantyoloforever

Bronze

Re: Which are the friendliest law schools?

Post by cantyoloforever » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:32 pm

zeglo wrote:
Dcc617 wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
zeglo wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Vursz wrote:At Yale, some students take notes on dumb things their classmates said in con law class, with the intent of using the comments against them at potential confirmation hearings on the future.

I wish I was making this up.
I'll allow this story, but only if you don't go to Yale
Holy crap they sound like buttholes.

Also, most of the T14 seem pretty friendly except for maybe Harvard.
1. I'd like to hear more about Yale being buttholes.
2. Why is Harvard considered unfriendly?
Harvard people are generally super friendly. Sometimes aggressively so. Of course there is a group of awfuls, but that's life.
1. Based on that story. I will now group all of them that way via laws of the Internet.
2. It just seems like a giant group of extremely ambitious people. Seems like people would be nice but not necessarily helpful unless it benefits them.
Wouldn't that be applicable to Stanford and Yale as well, or really any high ranking law school?

bns212

New

Post by bns212 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:39 pm

So it seems that the higher ranked schools tend to be less cutthroat (that's a surprise to me), and law school in general isn't as cutthroat as I've been reading. This makes me feel a lot better about the process. But can someone elaborate a little on what kinds of competition/examples of cutthroat behavior/aggression I can expect at any school?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 pm

bns212 wrote:So it seems that the higher ranked schools tend to be less cutthroat (that's a surprise to me), and law school in general isn't as cutthroat as I've been reading. This makes me feel a lot better about the process. But can someone elaborate a little on what kinds of competition/examples of cutthroat behavior/aggression I can expect at any school?
You know how sometimes in life you meet people that just kind of suck/are mean/are weird? It's like that.

No one is going to steal your laptop so you don't have your notes or whatever. It's a non-issue. Sure, I'd steer clear of Harvard, Michigan, etc. if you can help it. But not because of competitiveness/cutthroatness or whatever you want to call it.

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

BigZuck wrote:
bns212 wrote:So it seems that the higher ranked schools tend to be less cutthroat (that's a surprise to me), and law school in general isn't as cutthroat as I've been reading. This makes me feel a lot better about the process. But can someone elaborate a little on what kinds of competition/examples of cutthroat behavior/aggression I can expect at any school?
You know how sometimes in life you meet people that just kind of suck/are mean/are weird? It's like that.

No one is going to steal your laptop so you don't have your notes or whatever. It's a non-issue. Sure, I'd steer clear of Harvard, Michigan, etc. if you can help it. But not because of competitiveness/cutthroatness or whatever you want to call it.
Why those schools in particular?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 pm

curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

LOL. I always thought you were a Michigan Man. We'll go ahead and add you to the list.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:45 pm

BigZuck wrote: LOL. I always thought you were a Michigan Man. We'll go ahead and add you to the list.
I don't get this schtick

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 pm

BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

LOL. I always thought you were a Michigan Man. We'll go ahead and add you to the list.

I'm not a 'Michigan Man,' just interested to hear you flesh out your thoughts on the subject of this thread.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:18 pm

curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I'm not a 'Michigan Man,' just interested to hear you flesh out your thoughts on the subject of this thread.
I already did, also thread was over when Sublime dropped his truth bomb all over this thread
dabigchina wrote:
BigZuck wrote: LOL. I always thought you were a Michigan Man. We'll go ahead and add you to the list.
I don't get this schtick
Read some posts authored by Michigan students and it'll quickly start making sense

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Post by cantyoloforever » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:49 pm

BigZuck is having fun at the expense of 0Ls (I think)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:20 am

Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:24 am

Dcc617 wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
zeglo wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Vursz wrote:At Yale, some students take notes on dumb things their classmates said in con law class, with the intent of using the comments against them at potential confirmation hearings on the future.

Harvard people are generally super friendly. Sometimes aggressively so. Of course there is a group of awfuls, but that's life.
Can confirm

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 am

zeglo wrote:
Dcc617 wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:
zeglo wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

1. Based on that story. I will now group all of them that way via laws of the Internet.
2. It just seems like a giant group of extremely ambitious people. Seems like people would be nice but not necessarily helpful unless it benefits them.
Being nice to their classmates does benefit them in regards to future networking prospects

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:47 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:BigZuck is having fun at the expense of 0Ls (I think) I applied to M and am offended at what BZ said.
Ftfy

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:05 pm

cantyoloforever wrote:BigZuck is having fun at the expense of 0Ls (I think)
I mean, yeah.

But no, really.

texasellewoods

Bronze

Post by texasellewoods » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Harvard is a super friendly place, my section is great and really supportive!! Everyone is willing to share notes and genuinely wants section mates do well - we all care about/like each other. I haven't heard about any crazy competitiveness going on, and its 1L exam week - if it doesn't happen now I doubt it ever will haha.

cantyoloforever

Bronze

Post by cantyoloforever » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:50 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
cantyoloforever wrote:BigZuck is having fun at the expense of 0Ls (I think) I applied to M and am offended at what BZ said.
Ftfy
Haha, I am not offended whatsoever

GreenEggs

Gold

Post by GreenEggs » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:28 pm

shineoncrazydiamond wrote:Feel free to PM me, but Michigan 1L here, and I find it quite friendly/collegial overall. There are always a few assholes pretty much everywhere you go and Michigan isn't immune but my section and most other people I have met seem quite nice and helpful. People share outlines and stuff like that pretty readily.
Definitely a Michigan student
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

First Offense

Platinum

Post by First Offense » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:16 am

BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I already did, also thread was over when Sublime dropped his truth bomb all over this thread
dabigchina wrote:
I don't get this schtick
Read some posts authored by Michigan students and it'll quickly start making sense
Wasn't there a ton of Michigan drama around OCI a couple of years ago? People erasing names from interview lists or something?

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Post by Rubbishdump » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:50 am

First Offense wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
curry1 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

dabigchina wrote:
I don't get this schtick
Wasn't there a ton of Michigan drama around OCI a couple of years ago? People erasing names from interview lists or something?
WTF

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”