1L Summer Internship Date Questions Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
oh lawd

New

1L Summer Internship Date Questions

Post by oh lawd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:38 pm

About to start 1L, and was curious what the dates for internships usually look like. Based on a sample size of three close friends it looks like they start the first or second week of June and go until the end of July-ish, maybe early August.

I am hoping to take a quick vacation with my wife to see her family either right after the primary school year ends (she's a first grade teacher) or right before it begins, but I'm afraid an internship will interrupt. Is it safe to assume the end of May is clear for internships or could blocking off the last week in May realistically limit options for me?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: 1L Summer Internship Date Questions

Post by Nebby » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:46 am

Mine both started on like May 18-20. You'd be better off taking the vacation after your internship, imo

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:35 am

Nebby wrote:Mine both started on like May 18-20. You'd be better off taking the vacation after your internship, imo
When do 1L internships end, generally? Do they sometimes end in early July?

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 am

Veil of Ignorance wrote:
Nebby wrote:Mine both started on like May 18-20. You'd be better off taking the vacation after your internship, imo
They usually end in late July, right before OCI. You'd be better off taking the vacation after your internship but before OCI. Whatever you do, don't try and schedule a vacation post-OCI.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:06 am

runinthefront wrote:
Veil of Ignorance wrote:
They usually end in late July, right before OCI. You'd be better off taking the vacation after your internship but before OCI. Whatever you do, don't try and schedule a vacation post-OCI.
OK, thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”