You're going to LS, but what did you REALLY want to do? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Watababe

Bronze

Re: You're going to LS, but what did you REALLY want to do?

Post by Watababe » Fri May 05, 2017 2:43 pm

brinicolec wrote:Definitely wanted to be a trophy wife.

Edit: Can I be a trophy wife and practicing attorney? If so, I still want to be a trophy wife :lol:
One of my plans for paying off debt involves being a trophy wife so I hope so

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:59 am

When i was a kid, I had a few unrealistic dreams. I wanna be a 400m runner because i had 2 years of field and track training in elementary school. Being a Kobe Bryant fan, I wanna be a Lakers guard. I knew I don't have the genetics. I also wanna be a head of a gang, not a Mexican cartel or Compton gangster, but one in those Hong Kong movies. Besides those three are special force combatant, global adventurist and mountaineer.

From a country with no sound institution for justice, I came to America for college. Life changed.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:38 am

Last edited by carsondalywashere on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 am

Watababe wrote:

Edit: Can I be a trophy wife and practicing attorney? If so, I still want to be a trophy wife :lol:
I know a couple of working engineers that have sugar daddies. The one is super open about it too, she loves showing off her jewelry and talking about where it comes from.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:28 pm

When I was a *really* little kid I wanted to be a "spokesmodel" like on Star Search.
I wanted to be a singer, too. (I can't sing.)
My first actual job ambition was fashion designer. (I can't draw.)
I started college wanting to be a journalist. (I can write. In my second year, I found out what starting news writers make...)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm

TexasENG wrote:
Watababe wrote:

I know a couple of working engineers that have sugar daddies. The one is super open about it too, she loves showing off her jewelry and talking about where it comes from.

HOW. lol

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:38 pm

An Adult film star. Hopefully that is still possible. After all, that's why I bought my cheetah print attire

pyramidenergy888

New

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Professional poker player touring around playing different events and making heaps of $$$...

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:37 pm

I want to be a university president, but I don't think that's necessarily out of the question by going to law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:27 pm

I truly always have wanted to go to law school. My dad was a career court employee, and I grew up sitting in on trials and hearings. I had other dream jobs but all roads pretty much led to law school at some point. My current dream is to become a bigshot trial lawyer, but from ages 10-14 I wanted to go to the Naval Academy, become a fighter pilot and go to law school after the Navy. Once I got too tall for that, it was to play Tight End in the NFL. I played a little college football, but never quite came close to that one.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:39 pm

Concert pianist. But wasn't good enough to win many competitions in high school and saw just how few actually make it big as performers (not teachers), so I gave it up when I entered college and started to explore other interests.

Ironically, nowadays I think that whenever I finally am sick of being a lawyer, I'd be interested in being a teacher.
Last edited by mcmand on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colorlesstazaki

New

Post by colorlesstazaki » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:55 pm

For most of my life I wanted nothing more than to go to Cornell and become an architect. I'm still a huge architecture nerd and even design buildings from time to time but many circumstances led me away from architecture as a career and toward law.

Margaret99

New

Post by Margaret99 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Started with Captain James T. Kirk, progressed to astrophysics and then engineering just blew my mind!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 pm

I've always wanted to be a screenwriter and producer -- probably more in the style of Oliver Stone, who interviewed Putin, Castro, Snowden, etc. -- the controversial people of our times.

I actually tried being a producer at a film studio for a bit, but it was not what I imagined and it didn't work out. Hence, I'm off to law school.

plutarchy

New

Post by plutarchy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:29 pm

If I didn't have to take natural intelligence or money into account I would be a theoretical physicist, neurobiologist, or computer engineer.

Liberal Theory

New

Post by Liberal Theory » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:28 am

I've been going over this site, Reddit, and talking with attorneys for a while now and I have to say; I am completely shocked at how many of you people actually are doing this but your hearts aren't in it.

How many people have actually worked in a legal capacity before applying? Don't tell me people actually take the time to study their asses off on the LSAT and they dont even know a real lawyer in their life.

What were you thinking? I'm not sure if I can understand how any person, especially if they are T14 material, can go forward into anything with regret or uncertainty when a lot of you people could literally do anything you wanted if you just damn try. To those of you who are going to law school because you didn't know what to do after or because you didn't think you could be a doctor/actor/whatever, I gotta ask, "why?"

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 am

Liberal Theory wrote:I've been going over this site, Reddit, and talking with attorneys for a while now and I have to say; I am completely shocked at how many of you people actually are doing this but your hearts aren't in it.

How many people have actually worked in a legal capacity before applying? Don't tell me people actually take the time to study their asses off on the LSAT and they dont even know a real lawyer in their life.

What were you thinking? I'm not sure if I can understand how any person, especially if they are T14 material, can go forward into anything with regret or uncertainty when a lot of you people could literally do anything you wanted if you just damn try. To those of you who are going to law school because you didn't know what to do after or because you didn't think you could be a doctor/actor/whatever, I gotta ask, "why?"
I worked "in a legal capacity" (as you describe it) before law school for 3 years. It was a good fit. Ultimately hoping to find a job as a lawyer in the same type of work I did before law school.

I don't regret law school. I regret some of the excessive stress and the difficulty of achieving my goals in the law.
Last edited by mcmand on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:41 am

Last edited by Veil of Ignorance on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

plutarchy

New

Post by plutarchy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:52 am

Liberal Theory wrote:I've been going over this site, Reddit, and talking with attorneys for a while now and I have to say; I am completely shocked at how many of you people actually are doing this but your hearts aren't in it.

Just because someone is interested in an additional field, doesn't mean that they are not interested in law. I wrote that I'm interested in neurobiology etc. but at the same time I'm really excited to go to law school.
For the people who are going into law school and their 'hearts aren't in it,' maybe being fully enamored by the law isn't their top priority career-wise. Maybe they'd rather have financial stability (not that the field is especially stable but they might have connections) or prestige etc.
Finally, Anton Chekhov said that "medicine is my lawful wife and literature my mistress." He was a pretty good writer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”