How long are classes in law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
acdisagod

Bronze

How long are classes in law school?

Post by acdisagod » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Ok, I am looking into computers to buy for law school and I found one that I like but it only has a battery life of two horus which will probably deteriorate to 1.5 hours after a year. I need to know if this will be long enough. Also, do most law school classrooms have places to plug in? Can anyone (but people from gtown or cornell preferably) answer these questions?

sibley

Gold

Re: How long are classes in law school?

Post by sibley » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Why would you ever buy a comp with such a bad battery life? You'll never be able to go outside with it or anything. If you want that computer, get the extended battery with it.

totalidiot

New

Post by totalidiot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:43 pm

2 hours for me, but there were power jacks at each seat, so it was never an issue.

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 pm

acdisagod wrote:Ok, I am looking into computers to buy for law school and I found one that I like but it only has a battery life of two horus which will probably deteriorate to 1.5 hours after a year. I need to know if this will be long enough. Also, do most law school classrooms have places to plug in? Can anyone (but people from gtown or cornell preferably) answer these questions?
Most law schools and classes are wired so you would be able to plug in. I would check at your prespective schools though. I know at all the school I visited outside of UC Davis 90% of classrooms had a plug in. I suggest getting a cpu where you can get an extended battery or at least buy an extra one for backup.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm

acdisagod wrote:Ok, I am looking into computers to buy for law school and I found one that I like but it only has a battery life of two horus which will probably deteriorate to 1.5 hours after a year. I need to know if this will be long enough. Also, do most law school classrooms have places to plug in? Can anyone (but people from gtown or cornell preferably) answer these questions?
Buy the laptop direct from the builder and do a custom order. Then pick the 6 cell battery option.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:11 pm

or get a mac and abuse that 9 hour battery life like a red headed step child

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”