Deferral from T-5 Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
samcortina

New

Deferral from T-5

Post by samcortina » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:51 pm

I applied in the 09-10 cycle to enter school in 2010, however, I am almost certain I want to defer until 2011. I have been accepted to T-5 schools, and was wondering if anybody knew other prospective students who have deferred at top schools successfully and what the impact is on their scholarship/financial aid offers. Thanks for all of your help!

bahama

Bronze

Re: Deferral from T-5

Post by bahama » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 am

I know several people who have done this and it is not hard to do at all.

You'll have to reapply for fin aid so if your circumstances change your aid package might. As far as scholarships, it really depends. If it is a competitive scholarship that you apply for (think some of the NYU scholarships) it may only be good for the year awarded and you would have to compete for it again the following year if you deferred. But you'd have to talk to the admissions office about specifics. If you have offers from multiple top schools the ball really is in your court.

samcortina

New

Post by samcortina » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:40 am

Ok Great. Thank you very much for your reply. I planned on talking with the admissions offices directly as well, but I appreciate the heads up.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm in the same boat and am interested to see whether anyone else has any good info on deferring.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:53 am

samcortina wrote:I applied in the 09-10 cycle to enter school in 2010, however, I am almost certain I want to defer until 2011. I have been accepted to T-5 schools, and was wondering if anybody knew other prospective students who have deferred at top schools successfully and what the impact is on their scholarship/financial aid offers. Thanks for all of your help!
So it has come to this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:59 am

Kohinoor wrote:
samcortina wrote:I applied in the 09-10 cycle to enter school in 2010, however, I am almost certain I want to defer until 2011. I have been accepted to T-5 schools, and was wondering if anybody knew other prospective students who have deferred at top schools successfully and what the impact is on their scholarship/financial aid offers. Thanks for all of your help!
So it has come to this.
The real question is, are they intending to be anti-Boalt or anti-Chicago?

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:00 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
So it has come to this.

Hehehe....

Whatisthis

Bronze

Post by Whatisthis » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
So it has come to this.
I think it's just NYU folk using this 'T5,' however, it does seem to be being used more frequently.

To be honest, I am not sure if there were a T5, it wouldn't be NYU getting the boot. I really don't think there is enough of a difference between any of CCN schools to warrant leaving one in and kicking one out.
Last edited by Whatisthis on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
So it has come to this.
The fact that you're asking that question is anti-Chicago...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am

GeePee wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
So it has come to this.
The fact that you're making that assumption is anti-Boalt.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 am

Does anyone have any information about getting a deferral from top 10 schools?

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:48 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
GeePee wrote:
vanwinkle wrote: The real question is, are they intending to be anti-Boalt or anti-Chicago?
The fact that you're making that assumption is anti-Boalt.
The fact that any of you make these comments is anti-Harvard, Yale, and Stanford... as if we should even be considering CCN.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”