Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
Hogwartsexpress

New

Re: Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020

Post by Hogwartsexpress » Thu May 04, 2017 5:00 pm

I have a countdown clock at my desk reminding me everyday that I'm sailing away from this shithole

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Fri May 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Babe-Loblaw

New

Post by Babe-Loblaw » Fri May 05, 2017 4:14 pm

I like my job but there's really nothing big left for me to do here and I'm not getting any more responsibilities because they know I'm leaving at the end of the summer... buuuut I don't have the money to not work for a month, and even if I did I would probably end up saving it anyways. At least I'm milking my swank insurance and going to every doctor/dentist/psychiatrist appointment I can possibly squeeze in before school starts.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri May 05, 2017 4:59 pm

texcellence wrote:To stay until after July 4 to pick up 2 days' paid vacation time or to peace tf out at the end of a pay period nice n neatly?? I would love nothing more than to quit in a blaze of glory, like, today.
dude stay for the free money

Shoot I'm planning on hopefully being able to use "It's not like I do much anymore" as an excuse to be allowed to work from home either the 3rd and/or the 5th since we only get the 4th off but I've got a party to be at three hours away.

And yes blaze of glory is so tempting

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Fri May 05, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm holding out for that bi annual bonus late july. Dont tell anyone :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:39 pm

guys/gals

I want to stick to my quit date in early June but I'm starting to think money-wise it'd be stupid to not work until early July. I'm debating changing my quit date back to early July (my boss would probably be OK with it) and using some of my work day to do things I would have done after quitting, like work on my reading list.

I just really don't want to physically be there though. My chair/desk aren't comfortable and it really is unpleasant to sit there all day, especially alone (I have my own office). Plus I get so self-conscious when I'm seen just reading a book instead of actively facing my monitors and working. I wouldn't be able to really focus on reading -- I'd still be checking email and whatnot. I also want to exercise a LOT, which I could do if I stopped giving a fuck about who sees me leave in the middle of the day for my midday workout. My boss doesnt care. And I've done an amazing job. And he'd like me around longer anyway since he won't get to replace me immediately.

Ugh.

Thoughts?

dannyswo

Gold

Post by dannyswo » Sat May 06, 2017 6:29 am

MrJD2020 wrote:guys/gals

I want to stick to my quit date in early June but I'm starting to think money-wise it'd be stupid to not work until early July. I'm debating changing my quit date back to early July (my boss would probably be OK with it) and using some of my work day to do things I would have done after quitting, like work on my reading list.

I just really don't want to physically be there though. My chair/desk aren't comfortable and it really is unpleasant to sit there all day, especially alone (I have my own office). Plus I get so self-conscious when I'm seen just reading a book instead of actively facing my monitors and working. I wouldn't be able to really focus on reading -- I'd still be checking email and whatnot. I also want to exercise a LOT, which I could do if I stopped giving a fuck about who sees me leave in the middle of the day for my midday workout. My boss doesnt care. And I've done an amazing job. And he'd like me around longer anyway since he won't get to replace me immediately.

Ugh.

Thoughts?
If it's possible, ask if you can work from home a couple days a week, or work 3 or 4 days a week. Or half days. If you've built up capital in the workplace by being amazing, it's time to use that to get a favorable outlook. If you can form a win-win argument, even better.

Also, always ask.

bleakchimera2

New

Post by bleakchimera2 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:52 pm

I just dropped so many dollars on a laptop that's going to be way overpowered for law school. Looks like I'll be working until August, after all. I guess it's a good thing my entire team already knows that I no longer give a fuck, at least.

Boiler2020

New

Post by Boiler2020 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Watababe wrote:
texcellence wrote:To stay until after July 4 to pick up 2 days' paid vacation time or to peace tf out at the end of a pay period nice n neatly?? I would love nothing more than to quit in a blaze of glory, like, today.

Shoot I'm planning on hopefully being able to use "It's not like I do much anymore" as an excuse to be allowed to work from home either the 3rd and/or the 5th since we only get the 4th off but I've got a party to be at three hours away.

Obviously you gotta do whatever you think is best for you and only you know your situation, but this is almost exactly my situation (except I'd pick up 4 days of paid vacation that they'd have to buy out) and I'm leaving at the end of the June pay period and bolting. One of my biggest regrets is that 4 years ago I only took off 3 weeks between undergrad and starting work while my friends took off two months and did incredible things. I'm driving halfway across the country on July 1 to be at my family cabin for the 4th and then heading off on a month long road trip hitting several national parks and cities where I have friends.

And +1000 to wanting to rage quit right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Sat May 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Boiler2020 wrote:
Watababe wrote:

Obviously you gotta do whatever you think is best for you and only you know your situation, but this is almost exactly my situation (except I'd pick up 4 days of paid vacation that they'd have to buy out) and I'm leaving at the end of the June pay period and bolting. One of my biggest regrets is that 4 years ago I only took off 3 weeks between undergrad and starting work while my friends took off two months and did incredible things. I'm driving halfway across the country on July 1 to be at my family cabin for the 4th and then heading off on a month long road trip hitting several national parks and cities where I have friends.

And +1000 to wanting to rage quit right now.
After undergrad I literally graduated on a Saturday and started working that Monday. When funding ran out for that position I think I had like three weeks until I started my new one but I needed that time for finding a place to live/moving/buying furniture/a new wardrobe. I'm so excited that this time while I will need to move, nothing else will really be taking my time so I can relax.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 am

39 more workdays to go! (Including today). That plus the 15 days that I haven't been paid for = 44 paid days left.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

got a very nice thanks for changing my family's lives from an old client. I think it will make today, and maybe tomorrow, much more palatable! :D

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Five hours from now, I have the last finance exam I will ever have to take. Motivation is running low, someone say something inspirational.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Tue May 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Tue May 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Monday wrote:
jstans wrote:Five hours from now, I have the last finance exam I will ever have to take. Motivation is running low, someone say something inspirational.
How's this: if you fail the exam, your acceptance will be rescinded.

(Stick over carrot-type of guy over here)
Left the test feeling confident, so thanks

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 10, 2017 11:03 am

deleted
Last edited by bitter_melon on Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tncats

Bronze

Post by tncats » Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 am

Good grief, bitter melon. I'm glad you're leaving too! Have you ever tried to stop it?

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 am

deleted
Last edited by bitter_melon on Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 am

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 10, 2017 12:45 pm

bitter_melon wrote:
Monday wrote:Where's HR?
Small firm, he essentially is HR.
That's rough man. When are you leaving?

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Last edited by bitter_melon on Tue May 16, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Watababe wrote:
bitter_melon wrote:
Monday wrote:Where's HR?
Small firm, he essentially is HR.
That's rough man. When are you leaving?
Leave now. My goodness.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Last edited by bitter_melon on Tue May 16, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”