Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
CPA-->JD

Bronze

Re: Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020

Post by CPA-->JD » Tue May 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Monday wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
Monday wrote:I'll be working until Orientation...
+1 :(
I'm going to treat Orientation like a vacation.
lol coming from working full time, pretty sure school will feel like one. Just not looking forward to being broke.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue May 02, 2017 12:42 pm

CPA-->JD wrote:
Monday wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
lol coming from working full time, pretty sure school will feel like one. Just not looking forward to being broke.
lol, I was thinking about that this morning when I got up at 5:20. Like, I might get to sleep in a little. maybe.

SkateboardT

New

Post by SkateboardT » Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Today's my last day of undergrad, I should probably be finalizing this ethics presentation but....it's my last day of undergrad.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm

guybourdin wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
Monday wrote:
CPA-->JD wrote:
lol, I was thinking about that this morning when I got up at 5:20. Like, I might get to sleep in a little. maybe.
I'm so excited to not have to set my alarm for 5 am. Like that's what's most exciting. I could cry.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 pm

chandhi wrote:
mtf612 wrote: working out to lose a bunch of LSAT weight
YES THIS SO MUCH. This time last year I was running half marathons. Now all I do is commute, work, and eat tacos
I'm trying SO HARD to get back to eating healthy and working out regularly like this past year of LSAT and admissions and all the jazz had done a number on me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Last day of work June 16th, spending most of my time planning for a hypothetical trip before school. Planning on either doing a month long US road trip (starting in Atlanta, anybody have any advice/routes?) or a trip to SE Asia. What should I do?!?

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:19 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:Last day of work June 16th, spending most of my time planning for a hypothetical trip before school. Planning on either doing a month long US road trip (starting in Atlanta, anybody have any advice/routes?) or a trip to SE Asia. What should I do?!?

Doing a month long motorcycle trip, also starting in Atlanta. PM me!

unrelated

Bronze

Post by unrelated » Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Last day is June 1. I've been training the new guy to take over my position for the last two months, and while I started earnestly and gave every effort to put him on the best possible footing once I leave, that effort is starting to sharply wane. You can find me by the pool this summer.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue May 02, 2017 3:40 pm

unrelated wrote:Last day is June 1. I've been training the new guy to take over my position for the last two months, and while I started earnestly and gave every effort to put him on the best possible footing once I leave, that effort is starting to sharply wane. You can find me by the pool this summer.
They're hoping to hire my replacement in time for me to help train and I'm just hoping they hire them in time for me to shift enough on to them to combat the "I don't want to be here" feels

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Tue May 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 pm

unrelated wrote:You can find me by the pool this summer.

jstans

Bronze

Post by jstans » Tue May 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Been staring at the unread email with the last round of edits for my UG thesis in it for hours now....not today, Satan.

circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Post by circle.the.wagons » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Watababe wrote:
chandhi wrote:
YES THIS SO MUCH. This time last year I was running half marathons. Now all I do is commute, work, and eat tacos
I'm trying SO HARD to get back to eating healthy and working out regularly like this past year of LSAT and admissions and all the jazz had done a number on me
+3 the lsat killed what little gainz I had and I've been trying unsuccessfully since the new year to get back in shape :*( rip

Looking forward to dat huge college gym though. Fuck planet fitness lol
Last edited by circle.the.wagons on Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Watababe wrote:
chandhi wrote:
This is also going to be a large part of my summer -- Using my extra time to get back my healthy habits so I'm not trying to redevelop them as I'm starting school.

ETA: Speaking of which, anyone have any goals for the summer? Mine is (as stated) to fall back into my workout routine coupled with restarting my meal prep routine.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue May 02, 2017 5:14 pm

The stress of my job isn't worth the money of staying an extra month. Or even an extra week. I'm so tired of being stressed and tired. Lol.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 pm

LSRAT wrote:
Watababe wrote:
chandhi wrote:
This is also going to be a large part of my summer -- Using my extra time to get back my healthy habits so I'm not trying to redevelop them as I'm starting school.

ETA: Speaking of which, anyone have any goals for the summer? Mine is (as stated) to fall back into my workout routine coupled with restarting my meal prep routine.
Same. Working out an hour per day or more along with eating healthy. I want to be in my healthiest shape - physically and mentally - before law school begins.

circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Post by circle.the.wagons » Tue May 02, 2017 5:16 pm

LSRAT wrote:
Watababe wrote:
chandhi wrote:

I'm gonna try Modifyig a 5x5 into a moderate 3x5 program I think. I don't have the energy/desire to go nuts but I would like rebuild some strength. And meal prep by default due to poverty student status lmao

I've also been doing bouldering the past few months 2-3 times a week and it's awesome. Doesn't replace lifting but it's a good functional activity
Last edited by circle.the.wagons on Tue May 02, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Lol my goal for the summer is to finish all the video games on my list so I don't get distracted by them in law school

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

For real though I already have a solid routine in terms of exercise/health/organization so my goal beyond that is just to chill as much as possible. Only going to have about a month of time off between work and school.

Monday

Silver

Post by Monday » Tue May 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Tue May 02, 2017 5:24 pm

bwaldorf wrote:The stress of my job isn't worth the money of staying an extra month. Or even an extra week. I'm so tired of being stressed and tired. Lol.
My blood pressure was so high today at my desk that I could feel my blood coursing through my veins. Here's to going into a stressful field! Haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 pm

LSRAT wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:The stress of my job isn't worth the money of staying an extra month. Or even an extra week. I'm so tired of being stressed and tired. Lol.
My blood pressure was so high today at my desk that I could feel my blood coursing through my veins. Here's to going into a stressful field! Haha.
Haha, right? Law school won't be much better. Although I might be able to squeeze in a little more sleep.

LSRAT

Bronze

Post by LSRAT » Tue May 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Leliana wrote:Lol my goal for the summer is to finish all the video games on my list so I don't get distracted by them in law school
Ugh I want to get the nintendo switch so bad but I know that's a terrible idea.

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Monday wrote:
Leliana wrote:Lol my goal for the summer is to finish all the video games on my list so I don't get distracted by them in law school
Do they stop releasing alluring video games once you're in law school?
Haha, no, fair point. But I have a backlog/am in the middle of like 3 games right now. It will be easier to manage my time and play new releases at a reasonable rate once I'm caught up.
LSRAT wrote:
Ugh I want to get the nintendo switch so bad but I know that's a terrible idea.
I got one. :oops: I don't regret it though... Breath of the Wild is amazing.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue May 02, 2017 5:41 pm

RANT: My commute is terrible and getting worse everyday. When I started here it was 50 minutes each way (despite living only six miles from work), and it's grown into a 1.5 hour ordeal every morning and afternoon. I'm tempted to quit now before it grows to 4 hours round trip. My rent is absolutely out of control, but I thought it was worth it to live close to work. NOPE. Not at all. I can't wait to quit. And move. And actually have "free" time again, even if it's used for studying.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”