Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 am

I haven't told my boss yet, but my last day is July 15 - and I plan on telling him in two in a week. In my country, it's custom to give a one-month notice.

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am

bwaldorf wrote:I'm so exhausted it's unreal. My last day can't get here soon enough. July 7, please hurry.
Hi last day twin!

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

melmelcoolj wrote:I haven't told my boss yet, but my last day is July 15 - and I plan on telling him in two in a week. In my country, it's custom to give a one-month notice.
That's interestingly long - what's your country, if you don't mind me asking?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:20 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I haven't told my boss yet, but my last day is July 15 - and I plan on telling him in two in a week. In my country, it's custom to give a one-month notice.
That's interestingly long - what's your country, if you don't mind me asking?
PM-ed.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Beginning this week, four-day weeks for the rest of the summer (well until the end of July when I'm done for good)!!

THANK GOD.

My replacement started last week, too, so I don't feel so bad about slacking off for more than 50% of the day!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 pm

airwrecka wrote:Beginning this week, four-day weeks for the rest of the summer (well until the end of July when I'm done for good)!!

THANK GOD.

My replacement started last week, too, so I don't feel so bad about slacking off for more than 50% of the day!
My short weeks started the week of Memorial Day since I decided to take off this past Thursday and Friday. I'm starting to pass things off to other people and I've already been called out for being in lame duck status.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am

airwrecka wrote:Beginning this week, four-day weeks for the rest of the summer (well until the end of July when I'm done for good)!!

THANK GOD.

Excited for you, also my replacement hasn't even been hired yet so I REALLY don't feel bad about slacking off most of the day.

What the hell was 12 weeks notice for if y'all just gonna sit on it

dannyswo

Gold

Post by dannyswo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 am

Last day is done. Bam. Two months to kill.

NYCounsel

New

Post by NYCounsel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Last day July 31. Just finished planning which 10 sick days, I mean confirming how flu season is going to contribute to my sporadic absences between now and then. Excited.

I have more sick days than scheduled vacation days (5) so while I worry my employer could theoretically attempt to force me to replace vacation days for days I call out sick, the vacation days are already scheduled and should therefore be untouchable and even if he did try it, I'd still have 10 days off at least.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

glockov

New

Post by glockov » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 pm

On my last work trip for this job ever, looking forward to going home and being done with hotels and airplanes for a while.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:06 am

NYCounsel wrote:Last day July 31. Just finished planning which 10 sick days, I mean confirming how flu season is going to contribute to my sporadic absences between now and then. Excited.

I have more sick days than scheduled vacation days (5) so while I worry my employer could theoretically attempt to force me to replace vacation days for days I call out sick, the vacation days are already scheduled and should therefore be untouchable and even if he did try it, I'd still have 10 days off at least.
I'm at a point of "eh who cares how people react to this I'm leaving soon and could just walk out the door what are they gonna do?"

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 am

Watababe wrote:
NYCounsel wrote:Last day July 31. Just finished planning which 10 sick days, I mean confirming how flu season is going to contribute to my sporadic absences between now and then. Excited.

I'm at a point of "eh who cares how people react to this I'm leaving soon and could just walk out the door what are they gonna do?"
Right. I don't really get all the people who are like "oh no what if I leave them with a bad taste in my mouth." Idk maybe it's because I'm not at a firm or in close to the same industry I want to be in, but I'm pretty sure they're already pissed I'm leaving for some reason and I don't think any amount of work is going to make them go "wow he worked so hard there at the end I'm not upset he left"
Last edited by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY :!: :!:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Watababe wrote:

Right. I don't really get all the people who are like "oh no what if I leave them with a bad taste in my mouth." Idk maybe it's because I'm not at a firm or in close to the same industry I want to be in, but I'm pretty sure they're already pissed I'm leaving for some reason and I don't think any amount of work is going to make them go "wow he worked so hard there at the end I'm not upset he left"
Same. I don't work for a firm or in an industry I'm actually interested in practicing in so the only people I could piss off here are people that can't help me out anyway.

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Only 11 more working days.

I cannot take it anymore. One final project I'm working on and I'm just so ready to go. It's dawning on me how goddamn lonely I've been at my current job (working in my own office, typically working on tasks alone) and how much it bothered me.

THE END IS NEAR, AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 pm

I told my boss I was leaving for law school on June 15, and he basically begged me to stay till July 15. And he is not taking the steps to hire my replacement -- I don't really know what he is thinking.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 am

Interviewing potential replacements today and tomorrow and 100% tempted to ask them something ridiculous give me ideas

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am

NINE DAYS LEFT!!

I will really miss the people I work with. I will not miss working getting up at 6 am and working 60 hours a week.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 am

Somehow I missed that this thread existed.

8 weeks to go. I'm jealous of everyone.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 am

Also, with my boss out of town this week + it being slow due to summer, I am so incredibly bored. The day literally inches by.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am

bwaldorf wrote:Also, with my boss out of town this week + it being slow due to summer, I am so incredibly bored. The day literally inches by.
I'm in this exact same boat. Monday was crazy because we had a bunch of random client crises that I had to deal with, but yesterday and today have been sloooooooow.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Woke up this morning without a job for the first time in 6 years. What a weird feeling.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Watababe wrote:Interviewing potential replacements today and tomorrow and 100% tempted to ask them something ridiculous give me ideas

Waffles or Pancakes, and why?

If you had to change one thing about this role, what would it be?

What do you think of Dwight Howard being traded to the Charlotte Hornets 5 minutes after he tweeted about trades?

NYCounsel

New

Post by NYCounsel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Watababe wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Watababe wrote:

Same. I don't work for a firm or in an industry I'm actually interested in practicing in so the only people I could piss off here are people that can't help me out anyway.
For what it's worth my concern wasn't leaving a bad taste, it was retaliation. My boss stripped me of the remainig vacation days that he previously approved, saying that I hadn't earned them because I wouldn't be working long enough. This is accurate because we have a policy where your total days of the year are based on working most of the year. Yet historically the organization allows you to plan all your vacation well before you actually accrue it and where I messed up, it seems, is being honest enough to admit I am leavig in July. In response to me using sick days, he took away vacation days he previously approved, using an admittedly fair technicality to say I didn't earn them yet and wouldn't be working long enough to earn them.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Watababe wrote:Interviewing potential replacements today and tomorrow and 100% tempted to ask them something ridiculous give me ideas
Is cheesecake cake or pie?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”