Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
KME89

New

Re: Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020

Post by KME89 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm

I just keep coming into work later and later... I'm passing the torch of my job to the guy below me over the summer. That means I get to have him do all my work, right?

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 03, 2017 12:59 pm

KME89 wrote:I just keep coming into work later and later... I'm passing the torch of my job to the guy below me over the summer. That means I get to have him do all my work, right?
Hell yes.

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

I'd just like to say that I can relate more to this thread than I could to any other thread in the history of internet forums.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:11 pm

I have three months to go and I don't know if I can keep it up.

I've become more and more irritated/agitated at work :(

unrelated

Bronze

Post by unrelated » Wed May 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:I have three months to go and I don't know if I can keep it up.

Sounds like you need someone to delegate to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tncats

Bronze

Post by tncats » Wed May 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I am legit considering quitting and working at a trampoline park until school starts.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 2:54 pm

I feel this so much. Like I'm not joking when I say a few weeks ago I almost walked out over something. I was literally one more sentence out of a coworker's mouth away from being like "I'm done here" and leaving. The only thing getting me through these next few weeks is knowing the more savings I can go into law school with, the better.

And on particularly bad days I just sit all day thinking about dramatically exiting and it's usually cathartic enough to get me through

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

tncats wrote:

I am legit considering quitting and working at a trampoline park until school starts.
I contemplated quitting and working retail/volunteering to pass the time.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

tncats wrote:

Be careful, tncats! From a lawyer friend's website:

"For a surprisingly large number of children, a seemingly innocent afternoon at a local trampoline park can end with a trip to the emergency room - or worse - due to failing equipment, poor supervision and overcrowding.

This frightening scenario became reality for several parents in the Pacific Northwest, who recently filed lawsuits against Sky High Sports after their children suffered broken bones and fractures while using the facility. Read more about their stories via this news release and other media material.

Sadly, these families are not alone. Trampoline accidents nationwide resulted in 92,000 emergency room visits in 2010, and the numbers are on the rise. Learn more about the dangers of trampoline parks and share information to help warn other parents and keep kids safe.

If your child has been injured at a trampoline park anywhere in the U.S. and you know these dangers firsthand, contact us to discuss your legal options. Even if you signed a liability waiver, you may still be eligible to take legal action against a negligent trampoline park facility."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 2:56 pm

KME89 wrote:I just keep coming into work later and later... I'm passing the torch of my job to the guy below me over the summer. That means I get to have him do all my work, right?
This is literally the only reason I want them to post my position soon...my goal is to be doing as little as possibly by the end of June

tncats

Bronze

Post by tncats » Wed May 03, 2017 2:57 pm

chandhi wrote:
tncats wrote:

Be careful, tncats! From a lawyer friend's website:

"For a surprisingly large number of children, a seemingly innocent afternoon at a local trampoline park can end with a trip to the emergency room - or worse - due to failing equipment, poor supervision and overcrowding.

This frightening scenario became reality for several parents in the Pacific Northwest, who recently filed lawsuits against Sky High Sports after their children suffered broken bones and fractures while using the facility. Read more about their stories via this news release and other media material.

Sadly, these families are not alone. Trampoline accidents nationwide resulted in 92,000 emergency room visits in 2010, and the numbers are on the rise. Learn more about the dangers of trampoline parks and share information to help warn other parents and keep kids safe.

If your child has been injured at a trampoline park anywhere in the U.S. and you know these dangers firsthand, contact us to discuss your legal options. Even if you signed a liability waiver, you may still be eligible to take legal action against a negligent trampoline park facility."
^This would for sure happen to me when I took my lunch break and jumped around.

mtf612

Bronze

Post by mtf612 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:13 pm

I did the math on how much money I'll actually earn by going to my 9-530 office job from now until July. It's becoming harder to justify my 45 minute commute to and from work when I realize that I "made" four times that amount in a 30 minute scholarship negotiation with the school I'll be attending. >_<

dannyswo

Gold

Post by dannyswo » Wed May 03, 2017 3:24 pm

13 more work days for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MrJD2020

Bronze

Post by MrJD2020 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm

mtf612 wrote:I did the math on how much money I'll actually earn by going to my 9-530 office job from now until July. It's becoming harder to justify my 45 minute commute to and from work when I realize that I "made" four times that amount in a 30 minute scholarship negotiation with the school I'll be attending. >_<
I think it's only worth it to work well into the summer if you really don't have the savings to dip into or want to aggressively save. (Hey, we're all young and mostly not independently wealthy, so no shame in it.) Though, at this point, if you wanted to aggressively save, you'd be mostly done with it by now. One more month of savings won't really make an impact once school starts.

If you need a bit more $ to live through the summer or for packing/relocating/apartment deposits (if you're living off-campus), then it makes sense to keep working. If not, the benefits of quitting earlier in order to do WHATEVER YOU WANT, OR NOTHING AT ALL (!) are hard to pass up.

To be honest, I'm really just encouraging everyone to quit because I want to feel like I'm leading us all out of Egypt. You could call it a Moses complex.

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm

tncats wrote:

Watababe wrote:

I feel this so much. Like I'm not joking when I say a few weeks ago I almost walked out over something. I was literally one more sentence out of a coworker's mouth away from being like "I'm done here" and leaving. The only thing getting me through these next few weeks is knowing the more savings I can go into law school with, the better.

And on particularly bad days I just sit all day thinking about dramatically exiting and it's usually cathartic enough to get me through

It's really tough out here... I feel like the weather getting better is going to make it even harder

bitter_melon

Bronze

Post by bitter_melon » Wed May 03, 2017 3:32 pm

mtf612 wrote:I did the math on how much money I'll actually earn by going to my 9-530 office job from now until July. It's becoming harder to justify my 45 minute commute to and from work when I realize that I "made" four times that amount in a 30 minute scholarship negotiation with the school I'll be attending. >_<
I tried explaining this very thing to my parents and they just could not wrap their minds around the concept.

tncats

Bronze

Post by tncats » Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 pm

oh my god, why did you do this to me? I somehow have even less motivation than before. haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 4:36 pm

bitter_melon wrote:
I tried explaining this very thing to my parents and they just could not wrap their minds around the concept.
I literally almost yelled at my parents that I've been on my own for years now and make my own decisions because they keep questioning my decision to leave mid-July and really freaked out when I mentioned leaving in May or June.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 03, 2017 4:48 pm

My mom said, wow that board saved you $15,000

ldlestrange

Bronze

Post by ldlestrange » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

My firm's annual support staff review is in July..... I really think I should leave before then. I'm surprised no one has called me out on my lack of productivity yet

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed May 03, 2017 6:02 pm

ldlestrange wrote:My firm's annual support staff review is in July..... I really think I should leave before then. I'm surprised no one has called me out on my lack of productivity yet
LOL same tho and I talked to the partners and got out of it. Why would we do a review if I'm not going to be invested in the results? :P

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

chandhi wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:My firm's annual support staff review is in July..... I really think I should leave before then. I'm surprised no one has called me out on my lack of productivity yet
LOL same tho and I talked to the partners and got out of it. Why would we do a review if I'm not going to be invested in the results? :P
I'm leaving before very important quarterly federal filings are due and I'm planning on sweet talking our CFO's admin into getting rid of my semi-annual meeting with him since it's currently scheduled for two weeks before I leave.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 pm

HR contacted me because they were notified that I was leaving heh

I need to submit an official resignation letter

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Keilz wrote:HR contacted me because they were notified that I was leaving heh

I need to submit an official resignation letter
I should probs have one ready to go for when my boss submits a hiring request.

"Yo. I'm outie July 13thish. Peace."

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Today I discovered a disgruntled/jealous coworker gave incorrect information concerning a project about 8 months ago in order to make it look like I was wrong about something and now it is causing Problems I am expected to Help Fix. Please let it be July.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”