Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
NotAGolfer

Silver

Re: Official Senioritis / Quitting Thread - Class of 2020

Post by NotAGolfer » Tue May 30, 2017 2:26 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:Trying to decide if going on a few vacations and using my pto would be better than just working through and getting it paid out come august.
If you need someone to encourage you to take as much time off as possible just let me know :wink:

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Tue May 30, 2017 2:33 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:Trying to decide if going on a few vacations and using my pto would be better than just working through and getting it paid out come august.
If you need someone to encourage you to take as much time off as possible just let me know :wink:
haha appreciated! I'm gunna work as long as possible but do my best to fit as much fun and leisure in as possible.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Tue May 30, 2017 2:38 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
haha appreciated! I'm gunna work as long as possible but do my best to fit as much fun and leisure in as possible.
Sounds like a good plan :)

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue May 30, 2017 2:48 pm

One month from today. 24 work days. And then one hell of a summer. I can do this.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue May 30, 2017 3:41 pm

At this point I'm more proud of getting caught up on Brooklyn 99 than I am of any actual work accomplished today

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 pm

chandhi wrote:One month from today. 24 work days. And then one hell of a summer. I can do this.
<3

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue May 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:At this point I'm more proud of getting caught up on Brooklyn 99 than I am of any actual work accomplished today
in your defense, this has been a good season.
[+] Spoiler
NINE-NINE!

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:41 pm

About to give my two weeks' notice either tomorrow or Friday. Didn't think I would feel this way, but actually somewhat bittersweet/anxious.

Trying to plan a big trip for July, but considering downsizing to a medium trip because travel is hard.

Bourbon Democrat

New

Post by Bourbon Democrat » Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Yesterday I rolled into work at 11:45, today I left work at 3:30. Nobody batted an eye.

These next two months are going to be cake

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed May 31, 2017 10:24 pm

Someone please convince me "I don't want to deal with the fall out from this glitch no one believes happens" isn't a good enough reason to pack up a month and a half earlier than planned

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 31, 2017 11:09 pm

fuck me, I booked my airbnb in Vancouver for May 9-11 when it should have been June 9-11 and just discovered my mistake.. currently hiding my head in the sand in shame and thought I'd share my frustration with y'all.

relevant to thread because I've had such trouble motivating to work lately (a lot of my job is working from home) but now that I just sunk a couple hundred dollars I guess I have to pull it together and make that $$$.

:roll: :| :evil: :(

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:About to give my two weeks' notice either tomorrow or Friday. Didn't think I would feel this way, but actually somewhat bittersweet/anxious.

Trying to plan a big trip for July, but considering downsizing to a medium trip because travel is hard.
Any ideas for where you are traveling? I am pretty much in the same situation as you and I am trying to figure out where to travel. Strongly considering Thailand but I hear it is monsoon season so I don't know

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 am

BruiseWillis wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:About to give my two weeks' notice either tomorrow or Friday. Didn't think I would feel this way, but actually somewhat bittersweet/anxious.

Any ideas for where you are traveling? I am pretty much in the same situation as you and I am trying to figure out where to travel. Strongly considering Thailand but I hear it is monsoon season so I don't know
That was one of my options as well lol, thank you for the heads up. At one point I was thinking about Australia or New Zealand, but then thought it might be better going during their summer...now I'm trying to coordinate a trip with a sibling who's really noncommittal and also am planning on visiting a friend in Central Europe at the end of July, so am considering two options:

i). 3+ week long trip to Hong Kong/SE Asia -> Europe -> home (east coast)

ii). 2-ish week Eurotrip.

I have a ton of miles saved up so the cost of flights isn't a huge consideration, but I'm just wondering whether taking a trip that long and/or circuitous would be too draining and/or whether I'd be better served by just taking more downtime before starting schcool.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Really regretting giving my last day as mid June. I thought I was going in a trip last week of June but now that's the last week of July. Also didn't know I would be in NYC all summer paying rent :(

What are some good temp PT jobs????? Was thinking camp bc I have experience in that but idk

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Keilz wrote:Really regretting giving my last day as mid June. I thought I was going in a trip last week of June but now that's the last week of July. Also didn't know I would be in NYC all summer paying rent :(

What are some good temp PT jobs????? Was thinking camp bc I have experience in that but idk
Oh noooo it's hard to change plans like that :( But congrats on finding your place in NYC!

Do you enjoy camp? Could you do coffee? Or bartending?

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 am

last day of work is 7/28! woot.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:33 am

Bourbon Democrat wrote:Yesterday I rolled into work at 11:45, today I left work at 3:30. Nobody batted an eye.

These next two months are going to be cake
lol, i get to work at like 8:45 and leave at 4.

life's cake af.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 am

chandhi wrote:
Keilz wrote:Really regretting giving my last day as mid June. I thought I was going in a trip last week of June but now that's the last week of July. Also didn't know I would be in NYC all summer paying rent :(

Oh noooo it's hard to change plans like that :( But congrats on finding your place in NYC!

yeah, if you enjoy camp then do that! but since you're iffy on it, I'd say maybe go do something else for new experience?

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:49 am

Mikey wrote:
chandhi wrote:

yeah, if you enjoy camp then do that! but since you're iffy on it, I'd say maybe go do something else for new experience?
Wag dog walking!

...I don't know how much money you actually make doing that though

Maybe server at a catering company? I bet they'll be hiring a bunch of temp staff for summer events

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:21 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chandhi wrote:

Wag dog walking!

...I don't know how much money you actually make doing that though

Maybe server at a catering company? I bet they'll be hiring a bunch of temp staff for summer events
Great ideas! Thank you! I love camp but am going away for a week in july and don't know if my volunteering commitment would be in the way too :-(

NYCounsel

New

Post by NYCounsel » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Update: Eighteen work days before I leave position!

Thank heavens for sick and personal days.
Last edited by NYCounsel on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:01 pm

After today, and assuming I take no other days off besides what I've already planned (a bit unlikely we still have 4th of July coming up) I have 22 work days left and also no full weeks of work left ayyyye

dannyswo

Gold

Post by dannyswo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Movers coming tomorrow, leave the country in 10 days...

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:11 am

I think i have a little under 2 months left. Which seemed like a really long time 2 weeks ago. Now it seems like its tomorrow and i need to hustle up and figure my life out.

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 am

I'm so exhausted it's unreal. My last day can't get here soon enough. July 7, please hurry.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”