TLS Class of 2020 Destinations Thread. Good luck! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
thatblondegirl

Bronze

Re: TLS Class of 2020 Destinations Thread

Post by thatblondegirl » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:20 pm

proteinshake wrote:Duke gave us hats at ASD so we were pretty much forced to commit.
Duke gave everyone hats? I wants one!

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Checking in with my piddly post count for HLS!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 pm

KateMcKitten wrote:Checking in with my piddly post count for HLS!
Cmon Harvard, tag me! (Congrats!! Great result. Love your username)

KateMcKitten

Bronze

Post by KateMcKitten » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm

guybourdin wrote:
KateMcKitten wrote:Checking in with my piddly post count for HLS!
Cmon Harvard, tag me! (Congrats!! Great result. Love your username)
Dude if I could tag you myself I would. I want that TLS block to be Harvard strong! Crossing my fingers for you. And thanks! It's my cat's name bc I'm a gay nerd.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Just sent in my seat deposit!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:16 pm

guybourdin wrote:Just sent in my seat deposit!
Enjoy Northwestern!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:25 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Enjoy Northwestern!
thanks! I can't believe I'm not going to Michigan. I never would have thought this is how my cycle would go lol. Not complaining!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:26 pm

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Enjoy Northwestern!
thanks! I can't believe I'm not going to Michigan. I never would have thought this is how my cycle would go lol. Not complaining!
I just realized your thread was an old bump after being really confused for a second.
Congrats!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:08 am

guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Enjoy Northwestern!
Well, I never thought I'd be GOING to Michigan. Appears me and you switched plans :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 am

brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Enjoy Northwestern!
Well, I never thought I'd be GOING to Michigan. Appears me and you switched plans :lol:
And we're both happy about it!! Lol

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am

We've got a close race on our hands for TLS school of the year for c/o 2020. Sticking with my pick for Harvard to win it again

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:42 am

RParadela wrote:We've got a close race on our hands for TLS school of the year for c/o 2020. Sticking with my pick for Harvard to win it again
I think we've got a long want to go. H has had 20+ TLSers the last few years and are sitting at 4 right now. Can't believe no one has committed to Y, S, or Penn yet!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am

Yay!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:55 am

guybourdin wrote:
RParadela wrote:We've got a close race on our hands for TLS school of the year for c/o 2020. Sticking with my pick for Harvard to win it again
I think we've got a long want to go. H has had 20+ TLSers the last few years and are sitting at 4 right now. Can't believe no one has committed to Y, S, or Penn yet!
I think this thread is further evidence of how ridiculously slow this cycle has been.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:
Yay!!
thanks! :)

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Pretty sure ther isn't even a Penn thread yet. It's possible no one is going to Penn from TLS lol

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:04 pm

curry1 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
I think this thread is further evidence of how ridiculously slow this cycle has been.
Yeah... 99% set on UChi but I feel like that could change if S comes through. They seem to have a lot of people on TLS still hanging on. NYU too for TLS, though not really for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:09 pm

poptart123 wrote:
curry1 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Yeah... 99% set on UChi but I feel like that could change if S comes through. They seem to have a lot of people on TLS still hanging on. NYU too for TLS, though not really for me.
Yeah, I'm at UChi unless my money comes through elsewhere

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 pm

chargers21 wrote:
poptart123 wrote:
curry1 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Yeah, I'm at UChi unless my money comes through elsewhere
also headed to hyde park but for S/Y making a surprise offer.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:26 pm

RParadela wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Pretty sure ther isn't even a Penn thread yet. It's possible no one is going to Penn from TLS lol
That is so surprising to me! Honestly, when I visited I loved it. If I didn't love NYU so much, I think I would have ended up there.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:30 pm

airwrecka wrote:
RParadela wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
That is so surprising to me! Honestly, when I visited I loved it. If I didn't love NYU so much, I think I would have ended up there.
probably cause they're not as generous with money so it takes longer for people to commit (and those with named schollys are prob deciding between multiple options).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm

airwrecka wrote:
RParadela wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Penn is seems to be harder to get into than Duke or UVA with slim to no employment advantage over either of those schools. The people that get into Penn usually also get into CCN which usually draws them away from Penn. I think that is what causes Penn to fly under the radar here

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:42 pm

RParadela wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
RParadela wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Penn is seems to be harder to get into than Duke or UVA with slim to no employment advantage over either of those schools. The people that get into Penn usually also get into CCN which usually draws them away from Penn. I think that is what causes Penn to fly under the radar here
Penn also seems to put a really high value on GPA so splitters have a more rough time. Not only do you need the great LSAT, but you also need a great GPA, whereas at some other schools you still need a decent to good GPA and a great LSAT. Penn is also kinda stingy with money it seems.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:52 pm

poptart123 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
RParadela wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Penn also seems to put a really high value on GPA so splitters have a more rough time. Not only do you need the great LSAT, but you also need a great GPA, whereas at some other schools you still need a decent to good GPA and a great LSAT. Penn is also kinda stingy with money it seems.
Yeah, pretty sure mylsn said I had a better shot at CLS and NYU than Penn.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:32 pm

guybourdin wrote:Please quote me in this thread to be added to the OP.[/size][/b] Please only post your decision in here once it is FINAL (save waitlist activity -- and good luck on the waitlists!). If you are deferring please indicate that and your anticipated class year (2021, 2022...) when you post your decision.
Happy to be the first TLSer to officially sign with UCLA.

Lavar Ball and I will be BFFs this time next year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”