TLS Class of 2020 Destinations Thread. Good luck! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
ashrice13

Gold

Re: TLS Class of 2020 Destinations Thread

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:28 pm

guybourdin wrote:
You're the best. For realz.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm

However you slice it, at least it's not Penn.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:32 pm

The crust options at pizza hut combined with Papa John's pizza is the Cadillac of chain pizzas.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:32 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Rigo wrote:
guybourdin wrote:.
F Harvard. Put me down for pizza hut.
TTT pizza place, should probably consider waiting a year so that you can reach your goals.
Papa Johns with $$$ or retake is TCR
Papa Johns has had some bad Pepperoni/Cheese pizza numbers recently though, you might want to factor that into your decision.
all- we actually really discourage disparaging other's choices in the destinations thread. Not the time or the place.

Rigo: done
There's a take & bake place (I think it's called Papa Murphy's???) EASILY better than both of the above.

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

brinicolec wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
Greenteachurro wrote:
Rigo wrote:
guybourdin wrote:.
F Harvard. Put me down for pizza hut.
TTT pizza place, should probably consider waiting a year so that you can reach your goals.
Papa Johns with $$$ or retake is TCR
Papa Johns has had some bad Pepperoni/Cheese pizza numbers recently though, you might want to factor that into your decision.
all- we actually really discourage disparaging other's choices in the destinations thread. Not the time or the place.

Rigo: done
There's a take & bake place (I think it's called Papa Murphy's???) EASILY better than both of the above.
I was gonna post this, too, bri! Papa Murphy's is the best.

As for delivery, I'm partial to Dominoes because they have a very garlicky crust now (I think the recipe changed a few years ago).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I love the link to Pizza Hut's website :mrgreen:

As far as my pizza preferences go, I love Papa John's, frequent Pizza hut due to location, and used to smash Dominoes when I lived near one. Take and bake is stupid though. Part of what I'm paying for is their fancy oven and superior skillz

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:47 pm

chargers21 wrote:I love the link to Pizza Hut's website :mrgreen:

As far as my pizza preferences go, I love Papa John's, frequent Pizza hut due to location, and used to smash Dominoes when I lived near one. Take and bake is stupid though. Part of what I'm paying for is their fancy oven and superior skillz
WUT. Take-n-bake is so far superior to any pizza chain.

You're right if we talking like a legit pizza place (like whatever local joint) but there is nothing superior about the skillz of the stoned 17 year old throwing together pizza hut on a friday night.

Don't get me wrong, it's delicious in a self-loathing kind of way, but it's not like, good pizza

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:

You're right if we talking like a legit pizza place (like whatever local joint) but there is nothing superior about the skillz of the stoned 17 year old throwing together pizza hut on a friday night.

Don't get me wrong, it's delicious in a self-loathing kind of way, but it's not like, good pizza
I think other pizza places are appealing when you literally don't want to put any effort into making the pizza. But I LOVE take & bakes...

Damn. Now I want pizza.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:19 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:I haven't had pizza in over a month i dont think. It's pretty awful.
:!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Monster.
[+] Spoiler
I actually want to try to make a good Hawaiin pizza this summer... I think it has potential to be done really well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 pm

34iplaw wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:I haven't had pizza in over a month i dont think. It's pretty awful.
:!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Monster.
[+] Spoiler
I actually want to try to make a good Hawaiin pizza this summer... I think it has potential to be done really well.
Could never get into Hawaiian pizza.

I do love canadian bacon though.... or is it just ham on those? Honestly, wtf is the difference?!?!?!?

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:A little upset I'm not part of this FB group but ok. :oops:
It's not all that great

Lotta bros talkin about bro things

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:26 pm

brinicolec wrote: Could never get into Hawaiian pizza.

I do love canadian bacon though.... or is it just ham on those? Honestly, wtf is the difference?!?!?!?
It's never great, but it's never bad. I feel like the concept of salty-sweet is there. Maybe get some thick cut ham (naw - fuck it, bacon) and crisp that stuff up, thinly slice the pineapple into discs rather than cubes and caramelize it, maybe use some salty aged cheese. Perhaps drop the sauce all together or use minimal sauce. I could dig that.

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:29 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
It's not all that great

sry 4 bro-ing

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 pm

34iplaw wrote:

It's never great, but it's never bad. I feel like the concept of salty-sweet is there. Maybe get some thick cut ham (naw - fuck it, bacon) and crisp that stuff up, thinly slice the pineapple into discs rather than cubes and caramelize it, maybe use some salty aged cheese. Perhaps drop the sauce all together or use minimal sauce. I could dig that.
I don't like Hawaiian pizza much, but if it were made like ^this^ I would 10/10 eat it.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:34 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
It's not all that great

I'm not a bro!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:34 pm

chandhi wrote:
HennessyVSOP wrote:
It's not all that great

sry 4 bro-ing
+1
I think it's pretty great :oops:

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm

airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

I don't like Hawaiian pizza much, but if it were made like ^this^ I would 10/10 eat it.
There's a fancy flatbread place near me that makes their Hawaiian with BBQ pulled pork. It's amazing

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:36 pm

airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Omg me too, I refuse to eat Hawaiian pizza usually, but I would mow 34iplaw's version of it in a heartbeat

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:37 pm

brinicolec wrote:

I think other pizza places are appealing when you literally don't want to put any effort into making the pizza. But I LOVE take & bakes...

Damn. Now I want pizza.
I have a habit of falling asleep while waiting for even totino's pizzas to cook so maybe it's a personal issue :mrgreen: I like to cook for real or buy the finished product

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:44 pm

chargers21 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:

Damn. Now I want pizza.
I have a habit of falling asleep while waiting for even totino's pizzas to cook so maybe it's a personal issue :mrgreen: I like to cook for real or buy the finished product
Totino's party pizzas are the best and Walmart near me has 5 for $5 omg

Blue664

New

Post by Blue664 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:48 pm

guybourdin wrote:
Checking in for Duke! protein's reminders are dedicated. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Omg me too, I refuse to eat Hawaiian pizza usually, but I would mow 34iplaw's version of it in a heartbeat
That culinary class required by UG coming into play.

@Ash - that does sound awesome.

Ultimately, I think the Hawaiin Pizza is something that could be done really well, but it rarely gets a real shake.

Oh, greatest drunk food - cold cheese pizza. It sounds kind of terrible, but it's legitimately amazing. This is why I dislike Artichoke in NYC. They cube their cheese, so the cold cheese pizza won't work.
[+] Spoiler
Remember: you must eat immediately. If you get it to go, get them to put that extra cheese on the side.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Apologies for leaving the FB group. I was added and outed and didn't realize there were that many strangers in it. I'll treasure our time fondly <3

People I know can feel free to add me on FB for no/mediocre content.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:02 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
chandhi wrote: sry 4 bro-ing
+1
I think it's pretty great :oops:
brinicolec wrote: I'm not a bro!
all in good fun yall

baseballfan660

Bronze