University of Illinois Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
fallingup77

New

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Post by fallingup77 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Watababe wrote:Possible dumb question but having now purchased a parking permit is there like a physical permit I have to pick up or how does this work?
No physical permit--the parking dept. uses scanners on license plates.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:53 pm

fallingup77 wrote:
Watababe wrote:Possible dumb question but having now purchased a parking permit is there like a physical permit I have to pick up or how does this work?
No physical permit--the parking dept. uses scanners on license plates.
Thanks!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:42 am

Moving over today! All my stuff has been there almost a week but I decided to hang at my parents for a bit longer. Now to do all the unpacking...when is everyone else showing up? Who all is planning on going to the happy hour Thursday?

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:21 pm

I am moving this Sunday.

that1one1guy

New

Post by that1one1guy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm moving in on Sunday as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law444

New

Post by law444 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm moving over the weekend, so I can't go to the happy hour event.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 pm

First load of stuff is going to my new apartment tomorrow!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:11 am

I forgot the struggles of going to Target this close to the start of a school year in a college town I went yesterday afternoon and :shock: :shock: :shock:

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 pm

OFFICIALLY moving in tomorrow.

i dropped off a bunch of stuff earlier this week but now i'll have to actually set everything up, deep clean the whole apartment because it's old and i'm neurotic, etc...

how's everyone feeling?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 pm

carasrook wrote:OFFICIALLY moving in tomorrow.

i dropped off a bunch of stuff earlier this week but now i'll have to actually set everything up, deep clean the whole apartment because it's old and i'm neurotic, etc...

how's everyone feeling?
Lol I totally get the "officially" part. I am currently living in a half unpacked apartment. I skipped the happy hour tonight from a mixture of "I really need to unpack more" "Hardly anyone is going" "I'm poor and that place is not student cheap." I have had two semi-expensive Target trips and nearly lost it today deciding if it was worth it to spend an extra $20 on a slightly better vacuum. My bank account is crying. My dad is trying to convince my mom to give me their ironing board and iron since she never uses it. I still need to buy a washer and dryer.

EVEN with all of that though I'm super excited. Also super nervous and a little terrified because holy shit this is real but yeah

(ALSO C5 did everyone notice we have a reading to do before orientation for Legal Writing? It's just a short two page decision, but we need it read for Thursday!)

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Watababe wrote:

how's everyone feeling?
Lol I totally get the "officially" part. I am currently living in a half unpacked apartment. I skipped the happy hour tonight from a mixture of "I really need to unpack more" "Hardly anyone is going" "I'm poor and that place is not student cheap." I have had two semi-expensive Target trips and nearly lost it today deciding if it was worth it to spend an extra $20 on a slightly better vacuum. My bank account is crying. My dad is trying to convince my mom to give me their ironing board and iron since she never uses it. I still need to buy a washer and dryer.

EVEN with all of that though I'm super excited. Also super nervous and a little terrified because holy shit this is real but yeah

(ALSO C5 did everyone notice we have a reading to do before orientation for Legal Writing? It's just a short two page decision, but we need it read for Thursday!)
Super excited but nervous and terrified over here as well. I also skipped the happy hour since my SO is with me until tomorrow but I might have a tiny bit of FOMO :P

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:48 am

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:

how's everyone feeling?

Super excited but nervous and terrified over here as well. I also skipped the happy hour since my SO is with me until tomorrow but I might have a tiny bit of FOMO :P
Haha the FOMO is real, but I figure I'll be meeting everyone soon enough and the way the sections work I'll be bonding quickly with my like 20 new best friends

Redsfan320

New

Post by Redsfan320 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:06 am

The HH didn't have a huge turnout (maybe 20-ish), but was a good time. Some 2L's showed up and answered questions, it was all informal. It was fun, but certainly nothing close to the majority of our class was there so don't worry about it. Looking forward to meeting you all at orientation!

BTW, $3 drinks are pretty "student-cheap".

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Redsfan320 wrote:The HH didn't have a huge turnout (maybe 20-ish), but was a good time. Some 2L's showed up and answered questions, it was all informal. It was fun, but certainly nothing close to the majority of our class was there so don't worry about it. Looking forward to meeting you all at orientation!

BTW, $3 drinks are pretty "student-cheap".

lol the menu online didn't have any that cheap

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Finally got around to getting my I-Card today and it was way less painful than I expected? I was expecting long lines already and instead had like one person in front of me.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Watababe wrote:Finally got around to getting my I-Card today and it was way less painful than I expected? I was expecting long lines already and instead had like one person in front of me.
Nice!! I'm going to do that tomorrow. :) I'm excited to meet everyone tomorrow/this week! That email just made everything way too real.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 pm

How about that free highlighter we get for visiting all the legal research profs??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:38 pm

So I saw a good number of C5 at the social. Who in tls was there?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:So I saw a good number of C5 at the social. Who in tls was there?
I was! I ended up in a small group of C5 by the end but I spent the first like half hour hanging out with a bunch of people from B lol

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:So I saw a good number of C5 at the social. Who in tls was there?
I was! I ended up in a small group of C5 by the end but I spent the first like half hour hanging out with a bunch of people from B lol
I was there! Now I'm wondering if you were in the group of Bs I was hanging out with lol

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

I was the guy with ucla shirt.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:I was the guy with ucla shirt.
Awesome! I met you :)

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
I was pretty sure I talked to one of the TLSers. You were the guy from Springfield or Chicago?

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Pinkpanda24 wrote:
I was pretty sure I talked to one of the TLSers. You were the guy from Springfield or Chicago?
lol I'm a girl :P

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
I was there! Now I'm wondering if you were in the group of Bs I was hanging out with lol
I'm like 90% we were standing right next to each other at one point...I think you asked me about my cookie lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”