University of Illinois Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Re: University of Illinois Class of 2020

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Watababe wrote:
Pinkpanda24 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:So I saw a good number of C5 at the social. Who in tls was there?
I was! I ended up in a small group of C5 by the end but I spent the first like half hour hanging out with a bunch of people from B lol
I was there! Now I'm wondering if you were in the group of Bs I was hanging out with lol
I'm like 90% we were standing right next to each other at one point...I think you asked me about my cookie lol
hahaha yep that would be me :P

law444

New

Post by law444 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

welp I doubt I'll sleep tonight... see you guys tomorrow :shock:

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Three cheers for those of us cold called in mock class today we did it kids

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Watababe wrote:Three cheers for those of us cold called in mock class today we did it kids
lol i did and it DID NOT GO WELL, but at least my first humiliating experience is over with!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 pm

carasrook wrote:
Watababe wrote:Three cheers for those of us cold called in mock class today we did it kids
lol i did and it DID NOT GO WELL, but at least my first humiliating experience is over with!
I honestly don't even remember what I said. Actually, I don't even remember what I was asked.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Watababe wrote:
carasrook wrote:
I honestly don't even remember what I said. Actually, I don't even remember what I was asked.
Whoever you were, you kicked ass.

Yeah seriously, it really is true when people say that everyone around seems to be smarter than you are, and I will say that everyone who got cold called did very well. So don't worry. I was too busy praying to God not to be called out, so if you managed to put noun and verb together, the chance is you managed to sound at least pretty decent.

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:38 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
carasrook wrote:

Yeah seriously, it really is true when people say that everyone around seems to be smarter than you are, and I will say that everyone who got cold called did very well. So don't worry. I was too busy praying to God not to be called out, so if you managed to put noun and verb together, the chance is you managed to sound at least pretty decent.
Thanks!

Now to get started on all the homework for Monday.

law444

New

Post by law444 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
carasrook wrote:

Thanks!

Please... its time to procrastinate till sunday night :lol:

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:49 pm

law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
carasrook wrote:

Thanks!

Please... its time to procrastinate till sunday night :lol:
lol I'm not gonna procrastinate that long, but some is def happening right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 pm

FYI 0/10 do not recommend getting cold called during contracts

law444

New

Post by law444 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Watababe wrote:FYI 0/10 do not recommend getting cold called during contracts

I've been cold called twice now. first time went great, but the second time... yeah....

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm

law444 wrote:

I've been cold called twice now. first time went great, but the second time... yeah....
I thought prof was done with me, so I started trying to get down what I just said before it left me

Then he asked me something else about what he'd been saying while I'd only been half listening

I've been told I actually sounded like I pretty much had it together but let me tell you that was the most terrifying experience of law school so far

law444

New

Post by law444 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Watababe wrote:
law444 wrote:

I thought prof was done with me, so I started trying to get down what I just said before it left me

Then he asked me something else about what he'd been saying while I'd only been half listening

I've been told I actually sounded like I pretty much had it together but let me tell you that was the most terrifying experience of law school so far

ugh that sounds rough. i didn't know the answer to the question when I was asked, so awkward silence.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law444

New

Post by law444 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

are you guys going to the peers pub/law school 101 thing? i havent decided if i want to yet...

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:28 pm

law444 wrote:are you guys going to the peers pub/law school 101 thing? i havent decided if i want to yet...
Peer's Pub was awesome. Law School 101 was quite useless imo.

Any of you going to the Bar Review tmrw?

law444

New

Post by law444 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:are you guys going to the peers pub/law school 101 thing? i havent decided if i want to yet...

I haven't heard anything about it other than it exists. Where is it/what time?

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 pm

law444 wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:

9 PM tmrw (Friday) at Blind Pig Brewery in downtown Champaign.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:

Probably not making it to bar review since I'm taking the long weekend to go visit my fam before everything gets too hectic but I haven't decided for sure...I do figure there will be others to go to so yeah

(ALSO make sure you go to the Blind Pig with the beer garden. There are two blind pigs, and if you just google map blind pig it takes you to the other location that, while within very easy walking distance of the right one, will make you sad/confused. May or may not have made this mistake last week...at least there were a few of us that did)

law444

New

Post by law444 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:

Probably not making it to bar review since I'm taking the long weekend to go visit my fam before everything gets too hectic but I haven't decided for sure...I do figure there will be others to go to so yeah

(ALSO make sure you go to the Blind Pig with the beer garden. There are two blind pigs, and if you just google map blind pig it takes you to the other location that, while within very easy walking distance of the right one, will make you sad/confused. May or may not have made this mistake last week...at least there were a few of us that did)
How many people went/ what time did people leave?

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:28 pm

law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:

Last week wasn't bar review it was just a group of 1Ls that got together...there were probably like 30 people give or take? I'm assuming for bar review there will be even more since it's all three years but there could be other people like me going "hey this is a long weekend still early on I'm using it to satisfy my visiting people requirement until Thanksgiving"

CPAlawHopefu

Bronze

Post by CPAlawHopefu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Watababe wrote:
law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:

Last week wasn't bar review it was just a group of 1Ls that got together...there were probably like 30 people give or take? I'm assuming for bar review there will be even more since it's all three years but there could be other people like me going "hey this is a long weekend still early on I'm using it to satisfy my visiting people requirement until Thanksgiving"
I was told that there will be Barn Dance in a couple weeks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:

I heard about that at the alumni event in Chicago I went to this summer from a 2L...they said it was like, the number 1 event to definitely go to!

law444

New

Post by law444 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
law444 wrote:

I heard about that at the alumni event in Chicago I went to this summer from a 2L...they said it was like, the number 1 event to definitely go to!

ugh... feels like highschool all over again..

Watababe

Bronze

Post by Watababe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:42 am

law444 wrote:
Watababe wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
Watababe wrote:
law444 wrote:

ugh... feels like highschool all over again..
Can't disagree with you there...I know people told me going in law school is like high school only worse, but I didn't believe them until I got here. Are you in the groupme? (I didn't know of groupme until this summer when someone posted about making one in the facebook group, so if you don't it's an app that lets groups message together) There's one for the whole class and then I think each section has one and I know for section C at least we now also have one for both subsections. That's how some of the get-togethers have been being planned

If you aren't (and that goes for any of you guys on here) feel free to PM me and we'll work on figuring out how to add you in (I major struggled with it trying to add someone during orientation so I make no promises about my success)

law444

New

Post by law444 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Watababe wrote:
Can't disagree with you there...I know people told me going in law school is like high school only worse, but I didn't believe them until I got here. Are you in the groupme? (I didn't know of groupme until this summer when someone posted about making one in the facebook group, so if you don't it's an app that lets groups message together) There's one for the whole class and then I think each section has one and I know for section C at least we now also have one for both subsections. That's how some of the get-togethers have been being planned

If you aren't (and that goes for any of you guys on here) feel free to PM me and we'll work on figuring out how to add you in (I major struggled with it trying to add someone during orientation so I make no promises about my success)

Ya im in the big group one and my sections chat, but the section one is dead lol. Did anyone go to bar review? How was it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”