USC Gould 2020 Club Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
Mr_Chukes

Silver

Re: USC Gould 2020 Club

Post by Mr_Chukes » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:50 am

Where is everyone looking for housing. Also what price ranges are you looking for?
Also btw stay the hell away from Baldwin village/Hills lol.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Post by JD_Kingfish » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:Where is everyone looking for housing. Also what price ranges are you looking for?
Any suggestions? If I do go to USC I would want my price range to be 1200-1500. I honestly have no idea where to start looking in LA. Can't tell if the areas I'm looking in are bad or not.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:Where is everyone looking for housing. Also what price ranges are you looking for?
Any suggestions? If I do go to USC I would want my price range to be 1200-1500. I honestly have no idea where to start looking in LA. Can't tell if the areas I'm looking in are bad or not.
There are a lot of places by SC in that price range. I saw some myself. I'm thinking of going near Koreatown or pico union. Maybe even near stable center. University park, Echo park, silver lake, and a bunch of other places are good. Just stay the hell away from Bladwin Park, Lincoln Heights lol. Search about places before you go there.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Post by JD_Kingfish » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
JD_Kingfish wrote:
There are a lot of places by SC in that price range. I saw some myself. I'm thinking of going near Koreatown or pico union. Maybe even near stable center. University park, Echo park, silver lake, and a bunch of other places are good. Just stay the hell away from Bladwin Park, Lincoln Heights lol. Search about places before you go there.
Thanks for the insight. I've only been to LA once so I don't have a great handle on the areas/neighborhoods at all. I'll look into the areas you mentioned.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
JD_Kingfish wrote:
Thanks for the insight. I've only been to LA once so I don't have a great handle on the areas/neighborhoods at all. I'll look into the areas you mentioned.
Yeah just make sure a place isn't too good to be true. I saw a three bedroom apartment in Baldwin Village for 1000. So I looked up the area and then I remembered Waka Flocka shot his hard in the paint video there lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Checking in. Thanks for starting/hosting the thread Chukes.

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Still waiting to hear from a few more schools, but thought I'd check in! Of my current options, I decided today that USC is my top choice. The East Coast is cold.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:16 pm

crookedsmile wrote:Checking in. Thanks for starting/hosting the thread Chukes.
Good to see you in homie!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

chichi1992 wrote:Still waiting to hear from a few more schools, but thought I'd check in! Of my current options, I decided today that USC is my top choice. The East Coast is cold.
Lmao I've been watching USC youtube adventures, while searching for housing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cherrygalore

Bronze

Post by cherrygalore » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm living in Los Feliz--but I'd recommend Silverlake and Echo Park as well (but most of all Los Feliz)

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:54 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
I'm living in Los Feliz--but I'd recommend Silverlake and Echo Park as well (but most of all Los Feliz)
How bad is the drive?

cherrygalore

Bronze

Post by cherrygalore » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
How bad is the drive?
Not bad at all, you dont even have to get on the freeway. Takes about 20 min and I like having a little commute because I like to listen to music/think/relax when I drive. But also I'm living right across the street from the red line which goes literally straight to usc so I also have that option if I ever dont feel like driving.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:02 pm

cherrygalore wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:
cherrygalore wrote:
How bad is the drive?
Not bad at all, you dont even have to get on the freeway. Takes about 20 min and I like having a little commute because I like to listen to music/think/relax when I drive. But also I'm living right across the street from the red line which goes literally straight to usc so I also have that option if I ever dont feel like driving.
That's actually very nice. I'll have to look for places in that area.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:43 pm

is the admissions instagram page really going to release exclusive information? sounds like they're just trying to get insta followers

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:is the admissions instagram page really going to release exclusive information? sounds like they're just trying to get insta followers
Most likely followers. They post decent stuff but I don't follow Admissions lol.

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 am

So, I've been to LA a number of times, and each time, I've rented a car. I've never really experienced LA public transit/biking/walking. The thing is, I don't actually have a car. I could get one, but it isn't covered in the COA estimate, and it's *barely* in my current budget to get a used car and pay for maintenance, gas, insurance, etc.

I've heard from tons of people that you really do need a car to get around LA. I've been looking at neighborhoods near campus, where the rent is cheaper and it would be feasible to bike/bus to class pretty quickly, but the area doesn't seem super appealing--even if it's not "dangerous," it seems like there are fewer coffee shops, bars, stores, etc. On the other hand, neighborhoods like Silverlake and Echo Park seem like great places to live, but more expensive and more difficult to commute to USC without a car. I also have a dog, so it is somewhat important for me to be able to get from home to campus in a reasonable amount of time. If my life will suck without a car, I'll probably just do it, but mostly I'm just trying to have a realistic idea of what I should be budgeting :)

cherrygalore

Bronze

Post by cherrygalore » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:41 pm

chichi1992 wrote:So, I've been to LA a number of times, and each time, I've rented a car. I've never really experienced LA public transit/biking/walking. The thing is, I don't actually have a car. I could get one, but it isn't covered in the COA estimate, and it's *barely* in my current budget to get a used car and pay for maintenance, gas, insurance, etc.

I've heard from tons of people that you really do need a car to get around LA. I've been looking at neighborhoods near campus, where the rent is cheaper and it would be feasible to bike/bus to class pretty quickly, but the area doesn't seem super appealing--even if it's not "dangerous," it seems like there are fewer coffee shops, bars, stores, etc. On the other hand, neighborhoods like Silverlake and Echo Park seem like great places to live, but more expensive and more difficult to commute to USC without a car. I also have a dog, so it is somewhat important for me to be able to get from home to campus in a reasonable amount of time. If my life will suck without a car, I'll probably just do it, but mostly I'm just trying to have a realistic idea of what I should be budgeting :)
You should get a car. Or else your pupper will be waiting a long time for you and you'll also want to be able to take him on hikes and you need a car for that! I can't imagine living here without a car I think it's necessary

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

chichi1992 wrote:So, I've been to LA a number of times, and each time, I've rented a car. I've never really experienced LA public transit/biking/walking. The thing is, I don't actually have a car. I could get one, but it isn't covered in the COA estimate, and it's *barely* in my current budget to get a used car and pay for maintenance, gas, insurance, etc.

I agree with the poster above. Also you will be able to go into the city or even the beach on weekends and enjoy.

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 pm

cherrygalore wrote:

You should get a car. Or else your pupper will be waiting a long time for you and you'll also want to be able to take him on hikes and you need a car for that! I can't imagine living here without a car I think it's necessary
Good to know! He does enjoy going on hikes :) Looks like I'll be adding it to my budget!

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:

I agree with the poster above. Also you will be able to go into the city or even the beach on weekends and enjoy.
Thanks!!

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:14 pm

sup yall :D

still on the wl at ucla, but each day i get more and more stoked on usc anyhow. suuuuuper likely i'll be seein ya come august!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 pm

lawlzschool wrote:sup yall :D

still on the wl at ucla, but each day i get more and more stoked on usc anyhow. suuuuuper likely i'll be seein ya come august!
I feel you. I'm still pending at UCLA but I already choose USC for personal reasons lol. Welcome to the club bro!

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:

I feel you. I'm still pending at UCLA but I already choose USC for personal reasons lol. Welcome to the club bro!
tbh i could end up in the same boat... it would come down to $$ for me

right now im being a lil b and im like "BUT UCLA IS CLOSER TO THE OCEAN" but like dat expo line... might be able to get there quicker from sc. maybe during law day weekend ill try :lol:

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

right now im being a lil b and im like "BUT UCLA IS CLOSER TO THE OCEAN" but like dat expo line... might be able to get there quicker from sc. maybe during law day weekend ill try :lol:
I feel you lol. Money has the power.

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Mr_Chukes wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
Mr_Chukes wrote:

I feel you lol. Money has the power.
cash rules everything around me

-sobs-

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”