U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What are you doing about housing?

FREAKING OUT - everything is so darn expensive
23%
found a place off campus!
32%
hoping to get Manville/Ida
36%
waiting for May/June to see if more places open up
9%

Total votes: 22

Keilz

Gold

Re: U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall) - Class of 2020

Post by Keilz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:33 pm

jackstraw92 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Just got an email saying they reviewed my CSS profile and won't give me a need based grant. Anyone else? Different process than scholarships.
Also got this - wasn't really expecting need-based aid. Hoping for merit aid though. If I have an offer from a peer school should I send it to them now?
No they have a formal reconsideration process that occurs later

jackstraw92

New

Post by jackstraw92 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Keilz wrote:
jackstraw92 wrote:
Keilz wrote:Just got an email saying they reviewed my CSS profile and won't give me a need based grant. Anyone else? Different process than scholarships.
Also got this - wasn't really expecting need-based aid. Hoping for merit aid though. If I have an offer from a peer school should I send it to them now?
No they have a formal reconsideration process that occurs later
Ah ok, thanks

annazork

New

Post by annazork » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Does anyone have info on the regional receptions for admitted students?
I still haven't received my Cal log-in info :(

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:51 pm

annazork wrote:Does anyone have info on the regional receptions for admitted students?
I just got that e-mail! I have my Cal login info so if you want to PM me with specific questions, I can look things up for you

annazork

New

Post by annazork » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:09 pm

airwrecka wrote:
annazork wrote:Does anyone have info on the regional receptions for admitted students?
I just got that e-mail! I have my Cal login info so if you want to PM me with specific questions, I can look things up for you
Got mine now, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Where's everyone staying for ASW?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:Where's everyone staying for ASW?
I'm staying at a hotel called Rose Garden Inn (or something like that). I didn't want to spend a fortune for a fancy hotel, but also wanted to be within walking distance so I can avoid paying for ubers/taxis/renting a car (I'm cheap :P).

nimbus2020

New

Post by nimbus2020 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:20 pm

airwrecka wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:Where's everyone staying for ASW?
I'm staying at a hotel called Rose Garden Inn (or something like that). I didn't want to spend a fortune for a fancy hotel, but also wanted to be within walking distance so I can avoid paying for ubers/taxis/renting a car (I'm cheap :P).
I'm staying with old family friends (acquaintances really). Kinda nervous about that tbh

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm

don't think I will be able to attend ASW this year. for those who are going, it would be nice to hear your thoughts/opinions on how it goes!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Checking in! Probably will end up here. Also, undergrad alum if anyone has questions about getting around/living in Berkz, etc.

nimbus2020

New

Post by nimbus2020 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Anyone planning to go to the brunch on Sunday?

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:19 pm

nimbus2020 wrote:Anyone planning to go to the brunch on Sunday?
Did you get an email about it/where are you seeing this? I'm worried I never properly registered for ASW since I don't have a confirmation or anything...

jprath2

New

Post by jprath2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:06 pm

There's a brunch on Sunday?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nimbus2020

New

Post by nimbus2020 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:55 am

jprath2 wrote:
I received an email yesterday about a BBQ on Saturday and a Dean's brunch on Sunday. The end of the email suggests at least part of it has to do with being URM. But it's not clear whether that's a separate brunch at the same time or if it's all the same. To clarify, I've never received a confirmation email for ASW. I don't think they send one out.

jprath2

New

Post by jprath2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:34 pm

nimbus2020 wrote:
jprath2 wrote:
I received an email yesterday about a BBQ on Saturday and a Dean's brunch on Sunday. The end of the email suggests at least part of it has to do with being URM. But it's not clear whether that's a separate brunch at the same time or if it's all the same. To clarify, I've never received a confirmation email for ASW. I don't think they send one out.
I didn't receive the email so I'm guessing it's for URM admits. I actually RSVP'ed twice since I was nervous about not receiving a confirmation, lol.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:31 pm

our thread is eerily silent. at least what really matters is the employment data that comes out soon right?
......... right?

please tell me I'm right

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:37 pm

jprath2 wrote:
nimbus2020 wrote:
jprath2 wrote:
I didn't receive the email so I'm guessing it's for URM admits. I actually RSVP'ed twice since I was nervous about not receiving a confirmation, lol.
Okay yeah, I didn't get it either and I'm not URM.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one nervous about the lack of confirmation haha. I ended up emailing them last night and they very graciously confirmed I was registered :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:59 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:our thread is eerily silent. at least what really matters is the employment data that comes out soon right?
......... right?

please tell me I'm right
I mean if you want to work in the Bay Area/California in general I guess, it is still undisputed that Berkeley regardless of ranking is the best option to get you there outside of HYS.

If that's not your goal, then I'd be slightly more concerned.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Leliana wrote:
jprath2 wrote:
nimbus2020 wrote:
jprath2 wrote:
Okay yeah, I didn't get it either and I'm not URM.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one nervous about the lack of confirmation haha. I ended up emailing them last night and they very graciously confirmed I was registered :lol:
I also RSVPed twice because I hadn't received a confirmation :lol:

studyingeveryday

Silver

Post by studyingeveryday » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:24 pm

So what days are everyone arriving and leaving? Anyone thinking of spending Saturday after ASW ends exploring the area?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:51 am

Might be a weird question but is the dinner that celebrates diversity for everyone?

Also why is there a luggage check? It is for people who just get off the plane that morning? That's a good idea.

Was also looking at the scholarship site again to see if there were any updates, and they said the scholarship deadline to accept would be April 3, which is so close already.....how can they be a month late?

I've been working six days a week for the past month and may need to go in today (went in yesterday) just to make up for the work I'm missing while I'm visiting :( I need to pack now too. Hectic. At least I have a glimpse of what big law looks like. Same hours but 4-5x the money.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am

Keilz wrote:Might be a weird question but is the dinner that celebrates diversity for everyone?

Also why is there a luggage check? It is for people who just get off the plane that morning? That's a good idea.

Was also looking at the scholarship site again to see if there were any updates, and they said the scholarship deadline to accept would be April 3, which is so close already.....how can they be a month late?

I've been working six days a week for the past month and may need to go in today (went in yesterday) just to make up for the work I'm missing while I'm visiting :( I need to pack now too. Hectic. At least I have a glimpse of what big law looks like. Same hours but 4-5x the money.
No idea abut the diversity dinner thing :?

I'm arriving Thursday morning (flight lands at 9) and I can't check into my hotel until the afternoon so I'm very glad there is a luggage check! :)

So annoyed about scholarships. I thought for SURE I would know before ASW. Looking like...no.

That sucks about work! Hopefully a weekend in CA will be a relaxing break :)

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:26 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Keilz wrote:Might be a weird question but is the dinner that celebrates diversity for everyone?

I'm arriving Thursday morning (flight lands at 9) and I can't check into my hotel until the afternoon so I'm very glad there is a luggage check! :)

So annoyed about scholarships. I thought for SURE I would know before ASW. Looking like...no.

I feel like I read somewhere that the next wave of fin aid goes out March 20 but maybe I made that up

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Post by Litt1tUp » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm

abc12345678 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

I feel like I read somewhere that the next wave of fin aid goes out March 20 but maybe I made that up
They told me end of this week or next week is when they will release more merit aid scholarships!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

abc12345678 wrote:
airwrecka wrote:

The 2nd wave should be March 20 with an acceptance deadline of April 3.
https://www.law.berkeley.edu/admitted-s ... holarship/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”