Texas Law c/o 2020 - Hook 'em!!! [Under New Management] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Have you deposited?

Yes
71%
No
21%
Sitting on an Extension
7%

Total votes: 28

ray.bee

Bronze

Re: Texas Law c/o 2020

Post by ray.bee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:33 pm

About how long do scholarship offers come out after acceptance? In: 02/10!

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:47 pm

ray.bee wrote:About how long do scholarship offers come out after acceptance? In: 02/10!
I'm quite sure during the acceptance call she said 1-2 weeks. It'll be two weeks since the call on Friday. I'm dying to hear my scholarship (if I get one plz UT) too.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
ray.bee wrote:About how long do scholarship offers come out after acceptance? In: 02/10!
I'm quite sure during the acceptance call she said 1-2 weeks. It'll be two weeks since the call on Friday. I'm dying to hear my scholarship (if I get one plz UT) too.
Cool! Hope we hear soon!:)

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:02 pm

journalisttolaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Rejected in previous cycle?
No, this one. I resubmitted with a higher LSAT after December scores came out and got in.
Oh wow, that's awesome. Congrats!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
She didn't mention anything in my acceptance call, but it was a voicemail because I was at work when she called... Hopefully that's not a sign that they're not planning on giving me anything :shock: :shock: :shock: lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 pm

poptart123 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Finally got dinged by Michigan, so now I'm 99% sure I'm going to UT. Only reasons why I won't are if I get extremely wowed at the ASD at Indiana or I be my normal self and not risk it all by taking on so much debt at UT and going the "safe route" with Indiana.

On another note, I'm excited for the admitted student reception in Houston this week. I really like going to downtown Houston, especially in the evening. Hopefully it's business casual because I'm not suiting up for a reception that is only an hour long. If any of y'all go you should know who I am if we have to wear name tags lol.

I'm jealous of this level of certainty lol. I wish I could get this kind of certainty, but alas, I'm still waiting on NU to decide on me + my parents are still like, "I don't know you'd like Texas." But I also think they slightly underestimate my willingness to have a city that's not quite as hustle/bustle/vibrant as NYC or DC.
Austin is my second favorite city. I personally really like San Antonio, but Austin is generally amazing.

In Texas or in general?

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
She didn't mention anything in my acceptance call, but it was a voicemail because I was at work when she called... Hopefully that's not a sign that they're not planning on giving me anything :shock: :shock: :shock: lol
I think you're fine - they didn't say anything about it in my voicemail and I heard about money about 2 weeks later!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
I think you're fine - they didn't say anything about it in my voicemail and I heard about money about 2 weeks later!
That's good to know. By creeping on last year's LSN stuff, I think my #s get me around $50-60k. I wish people would indicate whether or not they got an in-state waiver/are in-state students when posting their scholly info though because there's a big difference between the two! Lol.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
That's good to know. By creeping on last year's LSN stuff, I think my #s get me around $50-60k. I wish people would indicate whether or not they got an in-state waiver/are in-state students when posting their scholly info though because there's a big difference between the two! Lol.
I think if I get 50-60k+ I will cry tears of joy. Especially with my low LSAT :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:18 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean, I wasn't sure how to post mine to LSN but ended up just putting what they gave me on top of the in-state waiver. I have a feeling other people were including that in their $$ because that's the way they list it in the email to you. (i.e. "this equates to $50-60k across 3 years")

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:25 pm

dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
Yeah I know what you mean, I wasn't sure how to post mine to LSN but ended up just putting what they gave me on top of the in-state waiver. I have a feeling other people were including that in their $$ because that's the way they list it in the email to you. (i.e. "this equates to $50-60k across 3 years")
Wait. So they give LESS than $50-60k in $$$, but also give in-state waiver, which makes the it around $50-60k INCLUDING the waiver?

If that's the case, I've got some debt recalculating to do! Lol.

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:36 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
dclaw93 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
Wait. So they give LESS than $50-60k in $$$, but also give in-state waiver, which makes the it around $50-60k INCLUDING the waiver?

If that's the case, I've got some debt recalculating to do! Lol.
Yep exactly. For me for example I got $7k/year on top of the in-state waiver. The email said something like "the total value of this scholarship is $7x,xxx across the 3 years"

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:37 pm

dclaw93 wrote: Yep exactly. For me for example I got $7k/year on top of the in-state waiver. The email said something like "the total value of this scholarship is $7x,xxx across the 3 years"
Thats definitely good to know! Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Last edited by poptart123 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
Mine came a whole month later. So it's not a bad sign to wait longer than 2 weeks!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
Mine came a whole month later. So it's not a bad sign to wait longer than 2 weeks!
It hasn't been two weeks for me yet... Next Monday would be two weeks. I'm just anxious lol.

Stephylynette

Bronze

Post by Stephylynette » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
It hasn't been two weeks for me yet... Next Monday would be two weeks. I'm just anxious lol.
lol that's understandable. Wishing you the best of luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:
lol that's understandable. Wishing you the best of luck!
Thanks, I'm already expecting to put in for reconsideration.

Idk how much a full tuition offer from an upper T1 might help, but it's worth a try lol.

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Last edited by chichi1992 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 20170322 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Random Q for you Texans:

anyone know how insular TX biglaw is? As in, with a lifetime spent in the south generally, but none in Texas, how fucked would I be?

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Last edited by poptart123 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Congrats to all of you! OOS UT alum and current Austin biglolyer checking in, in case I can help answer questions.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:00 pm

About to head off to the admitted students/alumni reception in Houston. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Really hope I'm not the only one wearing biz casual lol.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Last edited by poptart123 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”