Texas Law c/o 2020 - Hook 'em!!! [Under New Management] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Have you deposited?

Yes
71%
No
21%
Sitting on an Extension
7%

Total votes: 28

Tx878

Bronze

Re: Texas Law c/o 2020 - Hook 'em!!! [Under New Management]

Post by Tx878 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
amta wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
Tx878 wrote:I think someone may have talked about this earlier, but I can't seem to find it...What do law students usually do for football tickets?
Get The Big Ticket for $175 (do it early for good seats / seats next to your friends), or wait for people to post in the facebook group about selling their tickets.

I did The Big Ticket my 3L year and have no regrets.
when can you buy the Big Ticket?
http://www.texassports.com/sports/2014/ ... 44327.aspx
My 1L year we did it as a section which was pretty cool, but law students aren't really that into the games.

Thanks. I'm a UT undergrad alum and hardcore football fan so I imagine I'll still go to games as much as possible with others even if law student friends aren't interested.

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Tx878 wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
amta wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
Tx878 wrote:I think someone may have talked about this earlier, but I can't seem to find it...What do law students usually do for football tickets?
Get The Big Ticket for $175 (do it early for good seats / seats next to your friends), or wait for people to post in the facebook group about selling their tickets.

My 1L year we did it as a section which was pretty cool, but law students aren't really that into the games.

Thanks. I'm a UT undergrad alum and hardcore football fan so I imagine I'll still go to games as much as possible with others even if law student friends aren't interested.
Yeah, I love UT football, but it was too hard to keep watching them get curb-stomped.

Tx878

Bronze

Post by Tx878 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
Tx878 wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
amta wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:

Yeah, I love UT football, but it was too hard to keep watching them get curb-stomped.

God, I know. It did get bad. I was almost watching more Aggie football than Longhorns

genericwit

Bronze

Post by genericwit » Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 pm

I got the big ticket with my section last year. So the cool part is that you're going to get good seats because grad students get dibs after seniors. You can also transfer tickets, so if you can't make it, you can sell. I actually had my ticket paid for completely by selling my ND ticket when people started a bidding war for the ticket. So all my other tickets were free.

Tazewell

Bronze

Post by Tazewell » Mon May 29, 2017 10:09 am

genericwit wrote:I got the big ticket with my section last year. So the cool part is that you're going to get good seats because grad students get dibs after seniors. You can also transfer tickets, so if you can't make it, you can sell. I actually had my ticket paid for completely by selling my ND ticket when people started a bidding war for the ticket. So all my other tickets were free.

Ahh the Notre Dame game... when Texas was finally BACK!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue May 30, 2017 2:41 pm

starting to stress about housing. did not get to cruise around ATX this weekend, just got two busy with family stuff. probably gonna have to fly back at the end of june.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 pm

So I haven't gotten an increase in scholly aid for submitting the LOI last Monday, but I did get an increase from another source. Details over pm.
amta wrote:starting to stress about housing. did not get to cruise around ATX this weekend, just got two busy with family stuff. probably gonna have to fly back at the end of june.
Yea I didn't have time when I went to ASD II to look around at a few places, so I decided to go with the only one I visited. Hoping I made a good choice since it's kind of expensive, but I did want a place within walking distance.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Were we supposed to be emailed a code or something to purchase the Big Ticket? I signed up for an account on Texassports, but it keeps asking for a customer number and pin for the big ticket.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Were we supposed to be emailed a code or something to purchase the Big Ticket? I signed up for an account on Texassports, but it keeps asking for a customer number and pin for the big ticket.
there's an email address you contact and they'll send you a customer number and a pin.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Are y'all getting seats with the C/O 2020 Facebook group or doing your own thing?

Edit: I bought it with a group seat with the FB group. They have the group name and password on the FB post. If you don't have FB pm me and I'll send you the details.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Are y'all getting seats with the C/O 2020 Facebook group or doing your own thing?

Edit: I bought it with a group seat with the FB group. They have the group name and password on the FB post. If you don't have FB pm me and I'll send you the details.
i intend to get in with the fb group. haven't paid yet though.

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm

You know what? I don't remember if I hit the drop down menu to select I want to be seated with the FB group when I made the purchase. It doesn't say in my email receipt. :lol:

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Torres1893 wrote:You know what? I don't remember if I hit the drop down menu to select I want to be seated with the FB group when I made the purchase. It doesn't say in my email receipt. :lol:
doesn't say on my receipt but i def checked the box.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 pm

amta wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:You know what? I don't remember if I hit the drop down menu to select I want to be seated with the FB group when I made the purchase. It doesn't say in my email receipt. :lol:
doesn't say on my receipt but i def checked the box.
Ok then I probably did. I just wish there was a way to check.

Tofukid

New

Post by Tofukid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:48 am

Hey guys, quick question--

I got a new laptop for law school and am trying to figure out the cheapest way to get Microsoft Office without torrenting. I saw that UT allows students to download Office for free while they are at the school, but not sure if that applies to law students. There are also discounts on purchasing Office from the campus computer store, but not sure if law students are eligible for those either. Anyone know anything about this?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:51 am

Tofukid wrote:Hey guys, quick question--

I got a new laptop for law school and am trying to figure out the cheapest way to get Microsoft Office without torrenting. I saw that UT allows students to download Office for free while they are at the school, but not sure if that applies to law students. There are also discounts on purchasing Office from the campus computer store, but not sure if law students are eligible for those either. Anyone know anything about this?
You're eligible. You're good to go basically as soon as you get your school ID. Conveniently IDs and the campus computer store are in the same place.

BTW, unless they've changed something, you're eligible every time they come out with a new version while you're in school.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:22 pm

anyone here still looking for a place to live?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Along the housing lines, here's a post from my neighborhood listserv of someone looking for a roommate. My neighborhood is a little further afield from campus but still a pretty easy commute (15-20 minutes by car; 25-30 by bus). I got permission before passing this along. If you're interested, PM me your contact info and I'll pass it on to her.
I am a 33-year-old female and work in the education field. I am currently renting a two master bedroom, two and a half bathroom house with a decently-sized living room and fenced-in backyard located in the Brentwood neighborhood. I have a subletter in one of the rooms for the summer (until July 31st). The house has a garage with a lot of space for storage. I personally like the location of this house, because I don't drive and have access to a few bus-lines (Numbers 5, 3, and 803 for example). Unfortunately, with the current market being what it is, I can't afford anything in the vicinity that can accommodate a laundry area on my own. This place is leasing for $1575 ($787.50 per person). The landlord requires each tenant make at least three times their half of the rent per month.

As my roommate, I would prefer you be at least somewhat close to my age but no older than about forty-five and a professional. Many of my friends are in their thirties to mid-forties, and it would just be nice to have someone to relate to. We will each pay half of the bills on a consistent basis, so you will also be extremely responsible about managing your finances and budgeting well. I am a firm believer in making an effort to maintain rainy-day money in case of extenuating circumstances and expect you to be also.

I enjoy having a drink from time to time and am okay with occasional get-togethers but not too interested in really wild parties. I'm just not at that phase of my life anymore.

If you are serious about having a roommate and know yourself to be a responsible, reliable, down-to-earth person who likes to maintain a reasonably clean, neat home, please feel free to contact me, so we can arrange to meet for coffee and chat.

Thanks!
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheWalrus

Silver

Post by TheWalrus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 pm

amta wrote:anyone here still looking for a place to live?
Honestly, if I was you I'd just go to the FB group and scout out people there. Having a fellow law student as a roommate is helpful your first year.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:27 pm

TheWalrus wrote:
Honestly, if I was you I'd just go to the FB group and scout out people there. Having a fellow law student as a roommate is helpful your first year.
yeah thats been successful. now trying to find a sociable third.

between3characters

New

Post by between3characters » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:42 am

amta wrote:
TheWalrus wrote:
yeah thats been successful. now trying to find a sociable third.
I'd be interested, already have the place picked out?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AnonUser777

New

Post by AnonUser777 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 am

c/o 2019 checking in for that new 1L tail...

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:05 pm

AnonUser777 wrote:c/o 2019 checking in for that new 1L tail...
do you even go to UT?

Torres1893

Bronze

Post by Torres1893 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:12 am

I want to go to the Houston reception on Tuesday, but I have to work. If anyone goes let me know how it was.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:01 pm

16 yes votes in the poll, yet only 2 or 3 active posters. if you're going to UT please stand up.

also, we have a football ticket group that was set up by someone on the fb page, so if you are interested in that, go check out the fb page.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”