Boston University Class of 2020 [ANOTHER New Poll!] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are y'all living

Allston/Brighton like everyone else
52%
Back Bay because I got $$$
16%
Cambridge so I can pretend I go to Harvard
13%
Brookline (nothing snippy to write here, it's a pretty area)
13%
Some other suburb because I'm cool spending 90 mins each way commuting
6%

Total votes: 31

ashrice13

Gold

Re: Boston University Class of 2020 [New Poll!]

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:10 pm

floatie wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.
I haven't deposited yet, but I don't think any school requires you to withdraw from waitlists when you put down a deposit. I'm not sure if BU lets you double-deposit.
+1 some schools require you to withdraw other acceptances but not other WL or pending statuses. Either way, when I deposited there wasn't any restrictive language anywhere that I could find. The website is extremely sparse, TBH. Not much info at all.

To log in, don't click the "First time here" link. They already created an account for you. Just use your email for the username and your LSAC number for the password.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
floatie wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Anyone who has deposited yet - did you have trouble logging into the deposit site? I clicked the "first time here" link and it says my email address isn't registered.

Also, I'm mostly trying to log in today to see if BU has any restrictive language on their deposit. I'm on some waitlists and still pending at NYU - so I want to know if we're required to withdraw from other schools to deposit.
I haven't deposited yet, but I don't think any school requires you to withdraw from waitlists when you put down a deposit. I'm not sure if BU lets you double-deposit.
+1 some schools require you to withdraw other acceptances but not other WL or pending statuses. Either way, when I deposited there wasn't any restrictive language anywhere that I could find. The website is extremely sparse, TBH. Not much info at all.

To log in, don't click the "First time here" link. They already created an account for you. Just use your email for the username and your LSAC number for the password.

Thanks!

ls_2020

New

Post by ls_2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
ls_2020 wrote:officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha
Welcome!! Where are you from? Aka...are you used to the cold yet haha
thanks!! and I've lived all over so kinda prepared but also really not. But I visited mid March a bit before ASD when there was a pretty big storm and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated so I'm taking that as a good sign!
Last edited by ls_2020 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 pm

ls_2020 wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
ls_2020 wrote:officially deposited last night! i've been lurking the BU threads since like August so figured it was about time to join in haha
thanks!! and I've lived all over (military brat life) but mostly the midwest... kinda prepared but also really not hahah. But I visited mid March a bit before ASD when there was a pretty big storm and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated so I'm taking that as a good sign!
If that was a mid-week storm, than that was one of our biggest storms this year too so you should be fine if that didn't bother you!

ls_2020

New

Post by ls_2020 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
ls_2020 wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
thanks!! and I've lived all over (military brat life) but mostly the midwest... kinda prepared but also really not hahah. But I visited mid March a bit before ASD when there was a pretty big storm and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated so I'm taking that as a good sign!
If that was a mid-week storm, than that was one of our biggest storms this year too so you should be fine if that didn't bother you!
that's so reassuring! that was my first time in the northeast and last until I move in so I'm definitely excited to see it in the warmer months, haha.
Last edited by ls_2020 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:00 am

Has anyone received loan information? My FAFSA has been complete for a long time and I have received my loan award info from all ther schools. I just want to make sure all my financial ducks are in a row as early as I can.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 am

ashrice13 wrote:Has anyone received loan information? My FAFSA has been complete for a long time and I have received my loan award info from all ther schools. I just want to make sure all my financial ducks are in a row as early as I can.

I haven't, and honestly I'm mildly concerned. I did email BU Fin Aid and asked them to confirm they had all the information they needed from me, which they did. I hadn't used my mom's info on my FAFSA, so I was being careful. But I haven't heard a peep. And considering tuition is due in July, I'm mildly concerned.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

jessmeesh wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:Has anyone received loan information? My FAFSA has been complete for a long time and I have received my loan award info from all ther schools. I just want to make sure all my financial ducks are in a row as early as I can.

I haven't, and honestly I'm mildly concerned. I did email BU Fin Aid and asked them to confirm they had all the information they needed from me, which they did. I hadn't used my mom's info on my FAFSA, so I was being careful. But I haven't heard a peep. And considering tuition is due in July, I'm mildly concerned.
Okay...same here. I don't really see why it's taking so long to get us the info tbh. I feel a little better knowing it's not just me. I know I qualify but I just want to have the proof so I can stop worrying.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:08 am

ashrice13 wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:

Okay...same here. I don't really see why it's taking so long to get us the info tbh. I feel a little better knowing it's not just me. I know I qualify but I just want to have the proof so I can stop worrying.
Yeah, I financed undergrad 100% with federal loans. So I know it's not going to be a problem. Just the early tuition due date makes me anxious.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:09 am

Actually also, anyone else applying for the health insurance? I have no idea how to even start that process and the website is confusing. I am guessing they will eventually send us information packets about what to do next or something??? I've already put down both deposits so I my seat is confirmed...now I just want to get all of the prep work done and over with.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:12 am

ashrice13 wrote:Actually also, anyone else applying for the health insurance? I have no idea how to even start that process and the website is confusing. I am guessing they will eventually send us information packets about what to do next or something??? I've already put down both deposits so I my seat is confirmed...now I just want to get all of the prep work done and over with.

I'll be applying. I haven't even gotten that far, though I saw the form for using loans to pay for insurance. I was hoping that once seat deposits are in that we'll start getting more info.

I'm currently freaking out about the vaccine requirements. Due to my mother's beliefs, I never got most vaccines as a kid. I want them now, but some of the required series take six months. I dont have six months. Logistics are difficult lol

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:15 am

jessmeesh wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:Actually also, anyone else applying for the health insurance? I have no idea how to even start that process and the website is confusing. I am guessing they will eventually send us information packets about what to do next or something??? I've already put down both deposits so I my seat is confirmed...now I just want to get all of the prep work done and over with.

I'll be applying. I haven't even gotten that far, though I saw the form for using loans to pay for insurance. I was hoping that once seat deposits are in that we'll start getting more info.

I'm currently freaking out about the vaccine requirements. Due to my mother's beliefs, I never got most vaccines as a kid. I want them now, but some of the required series take six months. I dont have six months. Logistics are difficult lol
Did you not need them for UG?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you've had the first shot of the series by the first day of classes, you're fine. I had to get one 3 part vaccination for UG and that's how they handled it.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:18 am

ashrice13 wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:

I'm pretty sure that as long as you've had the first shot of the series by the first day of classes, you're fine. I had to get one 3 part vaccination for UG and that's how they handled it.

Nope. Not required in Michigan. K-12 cares, but my mom always got an ideological exemption. I'm really happy to hear about only needing the first shot though. That takes a load off my shoulders.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:24 am

jessmeesh wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:

Nope. Not required in Michigan. K-12 cares, but my mom always got an ideological exemption. I'm really happy to hear about only needing the first shot though. That takes a load off my shoulders.
Yeah, my UG was in Massachusetts so the same state rules apply for both schools. I just brought them documentation of the next two shots as soon as I received them. It might be worth reaching out to the health services people just to confirm/have it noted that you're doing that but you shouldn't have a problem starting on time or anything.

tuesdayninja

Bronze

Post by tuesdayninja » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:27 am

Those that negotiated successfully, how long did it take for you to get a response. I want to commit but haven't heard about a scholly bump. Anyone thinking emailing them and just say how much more I'd need to deposit would be a good move?

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:37 am

tuesdayninja wrote:Those that negotiated successfully, how long did it take for you to get a response. I want to commit but haven't heard about a scholly bump. Anyone thinking emailing them and just say how much more I'd need to deposit would be a good move?
Mine took about a month but I think that's longer than most. I was in the first wave of financial aid notifications and I submitted my negotiation pretty quickly...they sent me the increased amount right around when they started giving out need-based aid info.

I don't really know if that's a good move before getting an initial response. I think it could work if you word it correctly but I personally don't think I would do it.

kostling

New

Post by kostling » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Just put my deposit in! I had to miss both of the admitted students days because my dissertation is due next week, but I am thinking about going and visiting the weekend of April 21st. Anyone know if I should email someone that I am coming or if I should just sign up for a tour?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Is anyone else having difficulties with the admitted students pages? I put in the password but half of the time the site acts like it's the wrong password. I'm using Chrome for what it's worth.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 pm

kostling wrote:Just put my deposit in! I had to miss both of the admitted students days because my dissertation is due next week, but I am thinking about going and visiting the weekend of April 21st. Anyone know if I should email someone that I am coming or if I should just sign up for a tour?
I'd email the admissions office. They might be able to put you in touch with some students/faculty to talk to during your visit.

kcrowley

New

Post by kcrowley » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Checking in because I put down my deposit yesterday :). Officially a BC turncoat haha.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:44 pm

kcrowley wrote:Checking in because I put down my deposit yesterday :). Officially a BC turncoat haha.
Welcome rebel

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dodocogon

Silver

Post by Dodocogon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

Deposited yesterday! Pretty much official now - unless BC throws a fat stack of cash at me (which they don't seem apt to do) I'll be here! They should have just taken me ED and made this easier on all of us lol

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Deposited yesterday! Pretty much official now - unless BC throws a fat stack of cash at me (which they don't seem apt to do) I'll be here! They should have just taken me ED and made this easier on all of us lol
Tell me about it

BACsop

New

Post by BACsop » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Anyone know when we are supposed to receive our BU Login / Kerberos information?

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:53 pm

BACsop wrote:Anyone know when we are supposed to receive our BU Login / Kerberos information?
I remember seeing somewhere that registration information comes in June.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”